MINORITY HEAD COACHES

masondixon

HIGH SCHOOL IS LIKE COLLEGE. ARE THERE ANY MINORITY HEAD COACHES OUTSIDE THE METRO NASHVILLE AREA OR MEMPHIS AREA? OUT OF 119 DIVISION I SCHOOLS IN COLLEGE THERE ARE NOW 2 MINORITIES THAT ARE HEAD COACHES. MINORITIES MAKE UP 70% OF THE GAME TODAY. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THERE ARE NO QUALIFIED MINORITIES IN HIGH SCHOOL. WE NEED TO WAKE UP IN THIS WORLD AND GET RID OF THE GOOD OLD BOY WAYS!! LOOK AT TENNESSEE, DID A MINORITY EVEN GET TO THE INTERVIEW PROCESS? YOU KNOW ROCKY TOP WILL NOT HAVE THAT, ALSO ALABAMA WHEN IT CAME OPEN. WHAT ABOUT SMYRNA THEY HIRED A COACH FROM A LOSING PROGRAM INSTEAD OF THE MIDDLE SCHOOL COACH THAT WENT 3 SEASONS UNDEFEATED, RIVERDALE 2 OR 3 YEARS AGO, YOU MEAN MR. FIELDS COULDN'T GET THAT JOB. WHAT ABOUT OAKLAND. HAS THERE EVER BEEN A MINORITY COACH IN WILLIAMSON, WILSON, RUTHERFORD OR SUMNER? JUST WONDERING

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me put this right back at you....Who would be a real good candidate who do you have in mind...while i do not know how good of a head coach Coach Fields would have been he is the track team head coach so would time permit him to do both? Also you do not see very many middle school coaches jump up to high school as a head coach they usually go to a position coach or maybe freshman coaches but not genrally the head coach of a high school espcially in 5A so look at the smaller school at black coaches as more of potential to move up to the 5A level...

The USA voted a black man into office do you think that threads like this really have merit?

Lavergne's first head coach was black. His name was Leo Martin. He was from a state championship high school football team himself. Yet, when he was at the helm....Lavergne had the longest losing streak in the state for three yrs. He left there and became Oakland's head freshman coach for yrs til he went into administration! Color doesn't matter. Don't bring up that stuff. Leo is a good man and a great assistant, and terrific admisnitrator......but not so great of a head coach. So YES....we have had a man of color as head coach in Rutherford County .

You gotta be kidding me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You dont hire somebody just because of there color.....you hire the best COACH like someone else said it doesnt matter if there green. If your looking to get the pot stirred which i m sure you are then you need to find something else to stir with cause there AINT nobody gonna bite on this one,

HIGH SCHOOL IS LIKE COLLEGE. ARE THERE ANY MINORITY HEAD COACHES OUTSIDE THE METRO NASHVILLE AREA OR MEMPHIS AREA? OUT OF 119 DIVISION I SCHOOLS IN COLLEGE THERE ARE NOW 2 MINORITIES THAT ARE HEAD COACHES. MINORITIES MAKE UP 70% OF THE GAME TODAY. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THERE ARE NO QUALIFIED MINORITIES IN HIGH SCHOOL. WE NEED TO WAKE UP IN THIS WORLD AND GET RID OF THE GOOD OLD BOY WAYS!! LOOK AT TENNESSEE, DID A MINORITY EVEN GET TO THE INTERVIEW PROCESS? YOU KNOW ROCKY TOP WILL NOT HAVE THAT, ALSO ALABAMA WHEN IT CAME OPEN. WHAT ABOUT SMYRNA THEY HIRED A COACH FROM A LOSING PROGRAM INSTEAD OF THE MIDDLE SCHOOL COACH THAT WENT 3 SEASONS UNDEFEATED, RIVERDALE 2 OR 3 YEARS AGO, YOU MEAN MR. FIELDS COULDN'T GET THAT JOB. WHAT ABOUT OAKLAND. HAS THERE EVER BEEN A MINORITY COACH IN WILLIAMSON, WILSON, RUTHERFORD OR SUMNER? JUST WONDERING

Then why don't we make it to where you have to have 50 % whites and 50% blacks on all teams. (football, basketball, & etc.) That is HS, college, and pro sports. How would YOU LIKE THAT? You play the best just like you hire the best coaches.

yeah, 6 head coaches were black, and 3 of them stink so bad they are losing their jobs. why would Alabama hire a black head coach when nick Saban was wantin to coach there?

the point is that majority of coaches who are qualified with a name a white.

and when a coach who is qualified wants a head coaching job, he gets it. Example: Randy Shannon of Miami.

nobody cares your color, everybody cares about winning

You gotta be kidding me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You dont hire somebody just because of there color.....you hire the best COACH like someone else said it doesnt matter if there green. If your looking to get the pot stirred which i m sure you are then you need to find something else to stir with cause there AINT nobody gonna bite on this one,

TO STIR UP SOME MORE TROUBLE.

To answer your question. Yes, williamson county has had minority coaches. Coach palmer was the head coach at franklin my freshman year before heading to coach at page. He also was the coach at Lincoln county a while back.

He was head coach at Page, so that makes 2 head coaching positions that he had. If I am not mistaken, he was only the DC at Lincoln County, not the head coach.