MINORITY HEAD COACHES

masondixon

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, I thought I would never see the day when someone would go and post a comment like the one before us. Playing the race card. Let's look at this as far as percentages. 56% of America is white, 26% Hispanic, 12% Asian, and 12% Black. Now, there is a small percentage of other demograqphics living in the U.S. Pro football has roughly 48% black and 48% white. Again, a small percentage other. College football is approximately 68% white, 26% black, and the rest falls into another catagory. That is in Div. 1, Div. II, Div. III, NAIA, and Juco all combined. I do not know how to get the high school %'s. Right? The demographics of the U.S. suggest we need to limit black participation in this sport and promote other diverse groups with the same intensity. Again, this is only being fair of course. Next, we need to look at the college ranks. Since black males only graduate college at a 6% rate, we need to again limit participation at this level to maybe 10%. Boy percentages are a killer. Or is it reality?

Just to be honest, I don't care what color the coach is as long as my son and his friends succeed in life. Yes, he has friends who are white and black. It only matters to me what these kids are getting in the long run. A good coach and life lessons about winning or losing are both important.

People are really getting tired of the race card /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You get what you ask for in life

I guess we need to fire a BUNCH of coaches of ALL colors just so we can be politically correct. Anyone know of any Hispanic or Oriental Coaches looking for jobs? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Heck if they can Coach and actually win I am all for it. I also know a couple of schools that would not care as long as they win also and will maintain discipline.

Then why don't we make it to where you have to have 50 % whites and 50% blacks on all teams. (football, basketball, & etc.) That is HS, college, and pro sports. How would YOU LIKE THAT? You play the best just like you hire the best coaches.

Let's go a couple of steps further. Let's make a rule that a college can only recruit from it's home state this way a Tennessee college would be a true representation of the best the state could offer. This would guarantee tremendous competition at the high school level.

And then let's institute play review at the playoff level just like in college and the pros. It would make the playoffs a don't miss date. And charge a premium price for admission to cover costs. I'm sure everyone remembers the JI Burton fiasco from '07 at the Virginia 1A state championship series. It this isn't reason to incorporate it then there will never be one.

I guess we need to fire a BUNCH of coaches of ALL colors just so we can be politically correct. Anyone know of any Hispanic or Oriental Coaches looking for jobs? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Heck if they can Coach and actually win I am all for it. I also know a couple of schools that would not care as long as they win also and will maintain discipline.

Now I wonder which two schools they might be? HMMMM

Boy, I thought I would never see the day when someone would go and post a comment like the one before us. Playing the race card. Let's look at this as far as percentages. 56% of America is white, 26% Hispanic, 12% Asian, and 12% Black. Now, there is a small percentage of other demograqphics living in the U.S. Pro football has roughly 48% black and 48% white. Again, a small percentage other. College football is approximately 68% white, 26% black, and the rest falls into another catagory. That is in Div. 1, Div. II, Div. III, NAIA, and Juco all combined. I do not know how to get the high school %'s. Right? The demographics of the U.S. suggest we need to limit black participation in this sport and promote other diverse groups with the same intensity. Again, this is only being fair of course. Next, we need to look at the college ranks. Since black males only graduate college at a 6% rate, we need to again limit participation at this level to maybe 10%. Boy percentages are a killer. Or is it reality?

Just to be honest, I don't care what color the coach is as long as my son and his friends succeed in life. Yes, he has friends who are white and black. It only matters to me what these kids are getting in the long run. A good coach and life lessons about winning or losing are both important.

People are really getting tired of the race card /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You get what you ask for in life

I like your post, but man the math doesn't add up. 56+26+12+12=106% lol

there are succesfull black coaches in tn. Coach fitezegerd from pearl cohn won back to back state tittles in 4a in the late 90s(the last team to beat Maryville in the stat title game. He teams has also led his the playoffs almost every year. His succesor Coach Brunnetti in his first two years led them to the semifinals the past two years. Maplewood coach took his team the state title game last year, and has build there program from the bottom of 4a to competing every week. These two schools and three coaches have something in common. They both coach at a poorly funded school, and has put there programs on the map. Not alot of coaches in better enviroments can do what they did. If they can coach and bring proud history to those schools and communities, they can do it anywhere

He was head coach at Page, so that makes 2 head coaching positions that he had. If I am not mistaken, he was only the DC at Lincoln County, not the head coach.

2P good call on Mr. Leo Martin, had him as a teacher at the old SHS. Great man and a great line coach!! He had a very rough time starting up the LaVernge program. He also played in TWO Orange Bowl games at Oklahoma. Kinda strange that I would have to agree with you on something 2P. this guy is a nut. Ricky Fields @ RHS is an awesome coach and motivator and would be a great HC if he wanted the job.