Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

You are exactly right krich, support those girls and stop being part of the problem. So I will exit your little forum, saying go Cyclones. Unbiased, obvioulsy is determined by u krich, and that was not a parting-shot, it was a basketball observation. Coach Wright has enough, with out the added pressures that are being put into place by people who say they are in it for the kids.

daddysgirl, you are exactly correct!!!!!! It is becoming obvious that people who have claimed to support the girls and the program are showing their true colors.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, this is still America (whats left of it /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ) and the first Amendment says we all have the freedom of speech. This is Coacht's website. He has a rule book. As long as no one is breaking the rules, then they have the right to comment on whatever they want. I happen to like coach Chambers and I'll say it again that the Creeker cut-throats got what they wanted. Yall have a nice day! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

They only beat a Weddless Hampton by ten last night on their home floor. Weddle probably causes a 20 point swing in the result if she plays.

And a Tolleyless Hampton team...

The way I see it, this is still America (whats left of it /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> )

i agree. we haven't been in this kind of a mess in a long time. hopefully, someone can dig us out of this hole in the next few years...

You are exactly right krich, support those girls and stop being part of the problem. So I will exit your little forum, saying go Cyclones. Unbiased, obvioulsy is determined by u krich, and that was not a parting-shot, it was a basketball observation. Coach Wright has enough, with out the added pressures that are being put into place by people who say they are in it for the kids.

The very last thing I want is for you to exit the forum. Without you, and the many

others who have participated these past few seasons, it would hardly be worth the

effort.

Nor do I necessarily think I'm right- - - on these ratings, the coaching changes,

starting lineups, or a plethora of other matters. And some of these Weeklies, and

accompanying comments - i e "17"s "Orange Colored glasses" - are written with solely

facetious intent.

And zAZa90 is right. The First Amendment, though a bit crippled, is still alive and well.

I simply feel that, though admittedly, the ramifications/consequences could be years-long,

for now the Coaching Change subject has run it's course. Mentioning it in the context of

Unaka's current struggles is both fair and relevant; continuing to take personal issue with him,

or for that matter, his successor, is (to me) out of line. And thus, the seperate thread.

That being said, we've had many, very heated discussions here, and I've been put in my

place more times than I care to remember. I get plenty-nuff criticism, both here, and in private.

And there are the kind-hearted compliments, and words of support, often for no other reason

than to thank us for keeping it civil.

At present, Unaka - my team - is in flux. The injury to Taylor Byars, which,

of course had it's own thread, is hard to overstate. She's simply tremendous. Then add the

injury to Chelsea Anderson, and yes, the Change, and it's easy to see why the Lady Rangers

have struggled.

But it's way early. This is still the team that has Kayla Winters. And the return of fellow

six-footer, Rachel Lowe. They can become a formidable paint job.

And Natalie Johnson is pleasantly much more aggressive this season.

And Kaleigh Elsea is on FIRE!

The biggest issue now is, finding a workable blend for Danielle Jones, Kayla Wilson,

Tayler Nidiffer, and the vastly-improved Chesnie Cox - - - all of them are identifying their

roles.

So, no, I don't want you to exit. So far, you've been a lot of fun, and obviously proven

you can more than hold your own. It's just that I'd hate to see other issues take on a life

of their own ...on this thread.

Krich, Unaka's girls are a good bunch no matter who is coaching them. I wish the new guy nothing but the best. I'm just biased toward the cool, calm, gatorade sipping Chambers. I would love to have him here at Cloudland though I think we've got a really good coach. I think him and Birchfield would both be good leaders for my daughters. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Back to the rankings.

1. Unicoi County (bigger wins)

2. Elizabethton (very good team, do need to work on their man defense)

3. Cloudland (beat HV pretty easily)

4. Happy Valley (will need to find some consistant play on offense and defense)

5. Hampton (injury bug has hit them hard)

6. Unaka (probably at this spot all year)

7. Johnson County (probably at this spot all year)

Unicoi is playing extremely well right now, but because of their youth will have some up and down nights. Elizabethon will be tougher when they find their identity for themselves and each other. Cloudland can beat anyone as long as they shoot well but can get beat by anyone on nights they don't. Happy Valley will have to find some inside game to go a long with their good outside shooters. Hampton will be pretty good as long as they can get everyone healthy and keep them that way. Unaka may get better as the year goes but will have a hard time scoring. Johnson County will be able to make games a lot closer this year but still not sure they have enough to pull the game out. Should be pretty tight at the top with 5 teams able to claim the top position at some point throughout the year. The bottom 2 will battle for those spots.

The way I see it, this is still America (whats left of it /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ) and the first Amendment says we all have the freedom of speech. This is Coacht's website. He has a rule book. As long as no one is breaking the rules, then they have the right to comment on whatever they want. I happen to like coach Chambers and I'll say it again that the Creeker cut-throats got what they wanted. Yall have a nice day! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Who are these "Creeker cut-throats" you so HIGHLY type of?

I see where Unaka pulled out the "Battle for the Bottom" over Johnson County in overtime at home. Not real impressive, but Coach Wright and crew needed a win, any win to start righting the ship. It looks like another long year is in store for the Longhorns, though they are playing more competitive basketball. Did any of you notice that Sullivan Central only beat Crockett 50-48 last night, one night after Elizabethton beat Crockett 75-47? I still believe the Central win over Betsy was a 2-3 zone induced fluke and may have been the Lady Cougars finest hour! My orange colored glasses are burning brightly this morning! Go Cyclones!!!!!!

I see where Unaka pulled out the "Battle for the Bottom" over Johnson County in overtime at home. Not real impressive, but Coach Wright and crew needed a win, any win to start righting the ship. It looks like another long year is in store for the Longhorns, though they are playing more competitive basketball. Did any of you notice that Sullivan Central only beat Crockett 50-48 last night, one night after Elizabethton beat Crockett 75-47? I still believe the Central win over Betsy was a 2-3 zone induced fluke and may have been the Lady Cougars finest hour! My orange colored glasses are burning brightly this morning! Go Cyclones!!!!!!

Yeah, it was not the same DCHS team last night. Should have won the game. I also agree that Central beating Elizabethton was a fluke. Having watched both teams play, Elizabethton is the better of the two teams. Central is a long and athletic team but pound for pound Betsy is better.

Not sure it was a fluke.

Central has lots of hustle, but let's face it. They are a shooting team. Shooting teams can sometimes run hot and cold. If they are hot, Central can play with anybody, if they're cold, they are gonna struggle.

Noticed last year that if you play them very physical, they tend to get flustered...............