Week 3: Open

Week 4: @Knox West

Week 5: @Riverdale

Week 6: Heritage

Week 7: @Bearden

Week 8: Maryville

Week 9: @Lenior City

Week 10: William Blount

Great Job by Coach Courtney to put together such a tough schedule. I am a little concerned it might be too tough for the Admirals to make a playoff run. But we will see Reese and Van Dyne will be back which helps the offense out alot. Defense is still a ?

My prediction 7-3? with a couple of too close to call games. Catholic, Maryville, @Bearden, Kingsport, @Riverdale

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Basically half our schedule is too close to call.

Your Predictions?

You catch us at a great time.We will replace our QB,full back,top two wideouts,Center,both tackles and tight end on offense.Defensive line,linebackers and best defensive back on defense.I'm glad we have you guys early,because that will be a major wake up call for the young guys and unlike this year when we had the team to make a run,there won't be any pressure to win every game,but just try and get better as the year rolls along.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you say that? all the district games happen after week 6 with the exception of two games

Has to do with the mentality of a team. 2 losses early can kill any hope a team has or may have. It doesn't matter if they are district or not. In 2001, Farragut was 2-0 and played an 0-2 Bearden team. Farragut lost and didn't win the rest of the season. Now obviously that was a different team than Farragut has had recently. 3 of the last 4 times Farragut has lost 2 games in the first 6, they missed the playoffs and didn't make it over .500. But like I said, the Farragut teams the last 2 or 3 years are different than the teams in the early 2000's. Hopefully I am wrong with the prediction.

Has to do with the mentality of a team. 2 losses early can kill any hope a team has or may have. It doesn't matter if they are district or not. In 2001, Farragut was 2-0 and played an 0-2 Bearden team. Farragut lost and didn't win the rest of the season. Now obviously that was a different team than Farragut has had recently. 3 of the last 4 times Farragut has lost 2 games in the first 6, they missed the playoffs and didn't make it over .500. But like I said, the Farragut teams the last 2 or 3 years are different than the teams in the early 2000's. Hopefully I am wrong with the prediction.

I will agree with you on this. Yes Farragut has alot of there play makers back but I have watched Farragut the last several years and it sometimes seem when we get to the playoff's we don't take it to the next level we need to. I known someone will say you made it to the third round the last four years but look what we have had. The best tailback in Sterling plus some other guys to go with him on those teams for three years, probably the best balanced offense Farragut has ever had in this years team. Third round of the playoff's for the last four years 2005 OR beat us 45-0, 2006 Ooltewah beat us handlly, 2007 Bearden beat us 28-14, and in 2008 Ooltewah beat us 14-7. This year the defense played there hearts out in the Ooltewah game but we could not get no (zero) offense going in that game and like I said before we probably had the best balanced offense Farragut has ever had (5 or 6 good receivers, good QB, 3 good running backs, and a pretty good offense of line) to get nothing in that game. I know people will say Ooltewah had a great defense and yes they did but with all the playmakers on this years team we should of still found away to make plays against them. You have to against good teams plus to win state champships. I have been a Farragut man for a long time and always will. I am just ready to take it to the next level. I could see Farragut next year being 4-6 if they lose two out of three of these games to DB, Catholic, Riverdale in there first five games along with Maryville, Bearden in there last five games. With Meadows back at WB and they are young but a very good football team and he want let what happen last year happen again could be another. If next years team could win these games early then they have a really good shot at it if they keep there heads together.

I will agree with you on this. Yes Farragut has alot of there play makers back but I have watched Farragut the last several years and it sometimes seem when we get to the playoff's we don't take it to the next level we need to. I known someone will say you made it to the third round the last four years but look what we have had. The best tailback in Sterling plus some other guys to go with him on those teams for three years, probably the best balanced offense Farragut has ever had in this years team. Third round of the playoff's for the last four years 2005 OR beat us 45-0, 2006 Ooltewah beat us handlly, 2007 Bearden beat us 28-14, and in 2008 Ooltewah beat us 14-7. This year the defense played there hearts out in the Ooltewah game but we could not get no (zero) offense going in that game and like I said before we probably had the best balanced offense Farragut has ever had (5 or 6 good receivers, good QB, 3 good running backs, and a pretty good offense of line) to get nothing in that game. I know people will say Ooltewah had a great defense and yes they did but with all the playmakers on this years team we should of still found away to make plays against them. You have to against good teams plus to win state champships. I have been a Farragut man for a long time and always will. I am just ready to take it to the next level. I could see Farragut next year being 4-6 if they lose two out of three of these games to DB, Catholic, Riverdale in there first five games along with Maryville, Bearden in there last five games. With Meadows back at WB and they are young but a very good football team and he want let what happen last year happen again could be another. If next years team could win these games early then they have a really good shot at it if they keep there heads together.

Exactly, good post. I can see next year going really well or not so hot. Farragut has had the teams to win state the last couple of years but seems to keep having the "one" game where they dont show up, or in this years case only one side of the ball shows up. I dont see Farragut having the success that these last couple of teams have and to make matters worse the schedule is BRUTAL! But that is why we play the game.

Who are you? because i talked to matt oglesby and he said he did not post this

I do not think this person mint anything against Lee in anyway. I thought David Allen was a good looking player this year that got under looked sometimes. David did have some big time catch and INT's throughout the season this past year. I think he will be one of the key players next year on this team along with the other guys. Be interesting to see if they play him on both sides of the ball again. You have to play your best players and Farragut is losing alot on defense.

2009 FHS schedule 2009 Farragut Schedule

Week 0: Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett

Week 1: @Oak Ridge

Week2: Knox Catholic

Week 3: Open

Week 4: @Knox West

Week 5: @Riverdale

Week 6: Heritage

Week 7: @Bearden

Week 8: Maryville

Week 9: @Lenior City

Week 10: William Blount

Great Job by Coach Courtney to put together such a tough schedule. I am a little concerned it might be too tough for the Admirals to make a playoff run. But we will see Reese and Van Dyne will be back which helps the offense out alot. Defense is still a ?

I think Farragut will be pretty good if they can replace their lines, where most of the graduation losses were, most of their skill is back. Great week zero game with DB coming up, will give them an advantage in the Oak Ridge game. Understand DB may be a little down, their year was supposed to be last year, but they still have Sensabaugh and he is the real deal.

My prediction 7-3? with a couple of too close to call games. Catholic, Maryville, @Bearden, Kingsport, @Riverdale

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Basically half our schedule is too close to call.

Your Predictions?

• 1 month later...

You guys are predicting records like 6-4 and 7-3 but i really dont agree. Are you basing that on how much better you think the opponents will be or saying that Farragut just doesnt look like anything special this year?

I think Farragut has the ability this coming season to win State just like they have had the ability the past 2 years. Why dont they make it past the 3rd round of the playoffs? Because they dont work hard enough and thats the bottom line. Farraguts coaches need to push the players more they need to double the intensity of the workouts and practices to weed out the kids who shouldnt be there in the first place. If they really start working harder the kids who are going to start this year at positions like offensive line that are only starting because there is simply no one else will actually be more than just a big body to put out on the field and give an average performance. This applies to every player on the team if someone doesnt want to put in the work then they are not helping the team. The kids will develop more self discipline and push themselves and help each other to get better.

Hard work makes champions. Farragut has the talent to be champions, and they think they are doing everything right to develop a champion team. But trust me when I say they need to step it up and i mean really step it up if this program started working twice as hard as they have in the past the improvements will be simply amazing.

Like I said they have talent everywhere on the team, but hard work is the key. And hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard.

I know my tone may seem a little harsh here, but I really am not trying to be negative about the coaches or players I love the program. I just wanna see a state championship because the missed opportunities of the past 3 years are killing me.

You guys are predicting records like 6-4 and 7-3 but i really dont agree. Are you basing that on how much better you think the opponents will be or saying that Farragut just doesnt look like anything special this year?

I think Farragut has the ability this coming season to win State just like they have had the ability the past 2 years. Why dont they make it past the 3rd round of the playoffs? Because they dont work hard enough and thats the bottom line. Farraguts coaches need to push the players more they need to double the intensity of the workouts and practices to weed out the kids who shouldnt be there in the first place. If they really start working harder the kids who are going to start this year at positions like offensive line that are only starting because there is simply no one else will actually be more than just a big body to put out on the field and give an average performance. This applies to every player on the team if someone doesnt want to put in the work then they are not helping the team. The kids will develop more self discipline and push themselves and help each other to get better.

Hard work makes champions. Farragut has the talent to be champions, and they think they are doing everything right to develop a champion team. But trust me when I say they need to step it up and i mean really step it up if this program started working twice as hard as they have in the past the improvements will be simply amazing.

Like I said they have talent everywhere on the team, but hard work is the key. And hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard.

I know my tone may seem a little harsh here, but I really am not trying to be negative about the coaches or players I love the program. I just wanna see a state championship because the missed opportunities of the past 3 years are killing me.

I will agree with you on some of this. For the record for this year Farragut plays DB, OR, Catholic the first three games. IF they lose to DB and Catholic right off the bat they still have Riverdale, Bearden, Maryville the last seven games along with WB. I have watch practice for several years and they do have hard practice and this last class might not have been the biggest Farragut class but the were one of the strongest classes at Farragut. You got guys weighing 180 to 190 lbs benching 300 plus, cleaning 315 to 350 lbs, and squating 400 plus thats pretty good. I know someone will say something on this next commit but our offense even they we spread it out with 5 receivers and all that you pretty much know what we are going to do. We throw 5 yard outs hardly ever throw over the middle and when we do we get good yardages but we never do it again in other games. We had 5 or 6 good receivers this past year with some good running backs to go with it moved the ball around alot but in the big games our play calling has some problems. It's it we are not sure want to do or what play to call. We need to get alot better at being more aggressive at our play calling in big games. This years team has to replace alot on defense with alot of these guys playing this year play both ways at DB and receiver which I think is good but Farragut tries not to do this. Then you have to replace the whole O-line with one guy coming back. Coach Courtney does a good job of getting kids ready to play. Can't wait till the spring and see what we will have for this season.

I will agree with you on some of this. For the record for this year Farragut plays DB, OR, Catholic the first three games. IF they lose to DB and Catholic right off the bat they still have Riverdale, Bearden, Maryville the last seven games along with WB. I have watch practice for several years and they do have hard practice and this last class might not have been the biggest Farragut class but the were one of the strongest classes at Farragut. You got guys weighing 180 to 190 lbs benching 300 plus, cleaning 315 to 350 lbs, and squating 400 plus thats pretty good. I know someone will say something on this next commit but our offense even they we spread it out with 5 receivers and all that you pretty much know what we are going to do. We throw 5 yard outs hardly ever throw over the middle and when we do we get good yardages but we never do it again in other games. We had 5 or 6 good receivers this past year with some good running backs to go with it moved the ball around alot but in the big games our play calling has some problems. It's it we are not sure want to do or what play to call. We need to get alot better at being more aggressive at our play calling in big games. This years team has to replace alot on defense with alot of these guys playing this year play both ways at DB and receiver which I think is good but Farragut tries not to do this. Then you have to replace the whole O-line with one guy coming back. Coach Courtney does a good job of getting kids ready to play. Can't wait till the spring and see what we will have for this season.

Im looking forward to spring as well. I am very curious as to who ends up where on both sides of the ball. Maybe some more kids will get to play both ways. I just really hope the team is working hard because those first teams we play arent going to just lay down.

Do you know any details on the coaching staff with the possibility of Coach Tate coming back?

Im looking forward to spring as well. I am very curious as to who ends up where on both sides of the ball. Maybe some more kids will get to play both ways. I just really hope the team is working hard because those first teams we play arent going to just lay down.

Do you know any details on the coaching staff with the possibility of Coach Tate coming back?

I have heard they have a replacement for Parton and the guy they got is a really good coach. I do not want to say who it is till I know for sure. I also heard coach Tate is not coming back he is going to be the strenght and condition coach for different sports. I really like this guy he was good with the kids and really good in the weightroom.