Any word on the Macon Co. coaching search?

LeatherBalls

You SC and TC people sure do know all about MC. Can I have your names so we can just turn over the search for the new coach to you???? Oh I forgot, you still want to keep beating MC on a regular basis.

You bash fans for opening their mouths and voicing opinions. Yet when they try to be quiet and let dust settle and go about the business that needs to be done, You people pipe up and start everything up again. WHO IS STIRRING THE POT???? Let it die, unless you have some other motive.

Why are we talking about the PHS job on a thread about MC?

Old Coach, couldn't have said it better myself. You are right on target. I have it on good authority, the Director of Schools has had five or six quality candidates outside a 100 mile radius inquire about the job. At least two have submitted resumes.

Let it die. Let MC do what needs to be done.

The only thing, or people, that TC or SC, or anyone else is bashing, is not MC, but the folks

that want to tell the coach how to coach & who he can play at whatever position. These are

the people that need to sit down & shut the h**l up. Then & only then will you win some ball

games with whoever is the coach. You're only a step or two ahead of RBS. We're not trying

to stir the pot. You can handle that all by yourselves. Subject comes up every year, after the

season is over & before the next starts. Same result. Get the Daddys boys out of the picture,

let the coach do his job, and enjoy the results. From the sound of your posts, a nerve has been

struck. Possibly you're part of the problem, rather than part of the solution. You're going to be one

or the other. Look at the programs around you. SC always has a quality program, Westmoreland,

TC. Coaches there have a tenure longer than a year or two, and have community support, rather

than pressure to play Daddys' boy. SC, TC, Westy, all go deep into the playoffs. If MC wants to

see a high school game after Oct., they have to visit elsewhere. Keep your head in the sand,

the view never changes.

See you on the Creekbank. Order the thicker pads.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I said winning is important but CHAMPIONSHIPS, COLLEGE OFFERS AND ALL THAT TAKE A BACK SEAT TOCHARACTER, PRIDE AND LIFE LESSONS. Your coaching staff won 5 games in three years, they deserved to be fired, plain and simple.

As for the MC job, stick a fork in it. Someone will change their title from DC to HC at that school.

That would be a big mistake. This program needs new blood in it from top to bottom. Hiring a head coach from within the system will not make anything better. Macon Co. needs a seasoned coach that will be able to put in a system that will best utilize the teams strengths, not a young coach that will try to implement the latest fads of football. I hope Macon Co. does not make the same mistake as other schools have made with recent hires.

You're either totally in the dark, or denial. This has been going on for years, and it's certainly

no secret. The reason you hear this on here, year after year, is it is FACT. Coaches that do

not allow parents, etc. to influence who starts, find themselves looking for a job. MC has had

more coaching changes in the past 10 yrs. or so, than all the surrounding counties combined.

Wonder why that is?? Coaches that allow parents, etc., to influence who starts, find themselves

with a losing record, and looking for a job. No decent coach in his right mind would take this

job under current conditions. Conditions will not change as long as you allow this to go on.

Stop blaming the coach or lack of talent, and fix the problem. It wouldn't matter if you had

Don Shula or Bear Bryant as coach while having to put up with this BS.

Go back to the CoachT archives for the past several years. You'll read the exact same thing.

Nothing new here, just new voices.

Good luck in your quest for a miracle coach.

I agree with you grunt. I also feel that if the program isn't turned around and made successful soon, we are going to start losing our kids that could make a difference to other programs that are successful. Think about that!!!!!!!!!1

That would be a big mistake. This program needs new blood in it from top to bottom. Hiring a head coach from within the system will not make anything better. Macon Co. needs a seasoned coach that will be able to put in a system that will best utilize the teams strengths, not a young coach that will try to implement the latest fads of football. I hope Macon Co. does not make the same mistake as other schools have made with recent hires.

I don't see how that would be a big mistake, beings he has been on winning teams every year he has coached except for this past one year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Anyways, I don't think you have to worry about that as I feel that someone will be hired that noone knows that is not from here and may or may not be a good coach. However, thats the fad now is to hire someone from way off "cause they know what their doing more than anyone around here" ha ha.

Guest Termite

I don't see how that would be a big mistake, beings he has been on winning teams every year he has coached except for this past one year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Anyways, I don't think you have to worry about that as I feel that someone will be hired that noone knows that is not from here and may or may not be a good coach. However, thats the fad now is to hire someone from way off "cause they know what their doing more than anyone around here" ha ha.

You can make a case either way. Look at TC, they hired a man that had coached there, knew the kids, and all the ins and outs of TC football. SC seems to have faired pretty well with hiring someone fron the outside. Maynard had no ties to the program before he got there. It didn't matter who your parents were.

You can make a case either way. Look at TC, they hired a man that had coached there, knew the kids, and all the ins and outs of TC football. SC seems to have faired pretty well with hiring someone fron the outside. Maynard had no ties to the program before he got there. It didn't matter who your parents were.

The TC program never went downhill. Once a program goes downhill and the kids loose faith in the coach a change has to be made. At MC they need new blood to breathe new life into the program. I think the DC will get the job though.

Agreed. SC & TC both hired a great coach, but as we both know, the environment there is

totally different then at MC. The records speak for themselves. Maybe MC will get on track,

but huge changes will have to be made, that likely won't be made. MC needs to put a fence

with razor wire around the practice field & keeps the "experts" out. I visit practice quite often,

stand there with the coaches & players, watch, keep my mouth shut, and stay out of the

way. They don't want or need my advice. Works out pretty well. LOL

Good luck to the Owls next season.

Macon County High School Football

Coaches Year Coached Record

Daniel Cook 2005-2008 13-28 Playoffs

Pat Dyer 1999-2004 32-32 Semi Finals and bowl game

Ronald Birdwell 1997-1998 2-18

Jon Offutt 1993-1996 11-30 Playoffs

Mike Dawson 1990-1992 7-24 Playoffs

Howard Cochran 1985-1989 16-34

Murphy Owenby 1983-1984 9-12 Bowl game

George Hatcher 1982 1-9

Bob Fitzpatrick 1977-1981 22-29 Playoffs

Tom Jones 1976 2-8

Jimmy Wheeley 1975 2-8

Glen Gregory 1971-1974 30-13

Dean Fisher 1963-1970 52-31-2

Brownie Robinson 1959-1962 27-12-2

Doyle Cothron 1955-1958 22-14-3

Charlie Knight 1954 1-9-1

Ronald Bergmeir 1950-1953 25-15

Kenneth Stephen 1948-1949 4-16

Boots Abel 1947 2-8

Tom Tucker 1946 4-4-1

Buck Harris 1944-1945 5-6-1

Football Discontinued 1943

Former Local Players 1942 5-1

Tom Tucker 1940 ??“ 1941 14-6

T.H. Kennedy 1935 ??“ 1939 24-17-1

Bill Bass 1934 Not available

R. Howser 1932 ??“ 1933 8-9

Not Available 1931 8-3

Not Available 1930 NA

Football Discontinued 1929 NA

Not Available 1928 0-5

W.D. Croft 1927 340 ??“ 379 ??“ 11

32 Coaches over 81 years of football = an average of 2.53 years

So statistics show that at Macon a coach has 3 years at most to turn a program around with no community support (unless you play the political game and even then backstabbing still goes on) and without the talent to play in their region.

Win or loose TC supports our coach! I invite all of Macon to the Championship game in the BORO Friday to see how fans are suppose to act! (I know not all the Tiger fans are bad but everyone knows they are alot of those bad ones and they tend to get there way) If not, their behavior just gets worse until they do! Good Luck Macon and to whom ever gets this job. TC1

WOW! Very few of these coaches had winning records. That should tell the fans of MC something. Surely this isn't a coaching problem - if the talent was there someone would have gotten lucky somewhere along the way. If I were a coach I wouldn't touch that program with a 20 foot pole. They obviously don't give anyone time to turn it around.

WOW! Very few of these coaches had winning records. That should tell the fans of MC something. Surely this isn't a coaching problem - if the talent was there someone would have gotten lucky somewhere along the way. If I were a coach I wouldn't touch that program with a 20 foot pole. They obviously don't give anyone time to turn it around.

maybe they should bring back Coach Gregory