portland football coach opening

seymourbutts1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Brooks is the man for the job! I heard MBA offer him $50,000 to be DC

Good for him, i hope that is true. All of the coaches on the staff are good men and deserve an opportunity to further their coaching career. I have heard that Mr. Gideon is tirelessly interviewing candidates and some of them are from out of state and across the country.

I agree Coach Brooks would be a great fit at MBA. But this is a Portland thread not MBA back to the Portland Job. I have an inside man at Portland and he tells me that Portland (bobby) is wanting to go to the Spread. And the name that keeps coming up is an assistant from Smyrna. I heard he has coached at the college level and loves to throw the rock. He is young a little on the heavy side but has a great since of humor. He really believes in kids and truly loves to help kids out. He might be here in January because I hear he teaches business and I am pretty sure that was what Coach Bever teaches. (Thats what he taught when I was in school) so maybe we can swap the two coaches. Maybe. And since the middle school already runs the spread maybe the high school can adapt to the middle school's system. (since they are so good and win so many games) Well good luck next year D.C. whoops I almost let the cat out of the bag.

Portland City champs in 09'

I agree Coach Brooks would be a great fit at MBA. But this is a Portland thread not MBA back to the Portland Job. I have an inside man at Portland and he tells me that Portland (bobby) is wanting to go to the Spread. And the name that keeps coming up is an assistant from Smyrna. I heard he has coached at the college level and loves to throw the rock. He is young a little on the heavy side but has a great since of humor. He really believes in kids and truly loves to help kids out. He might be here in January because I hear he teaches business and I am pretty sure that was what Coach Bever teaches. (Thats what he taught when I was in school) so maybe we can swap the two coaches. Maybe. And since the middle school already runs the spread maybe the high school can adapt to the middle school's system. (since they are so good and win so many games) Well good luck next year D.C. whoops I almost let the cat out of the bag.

Portland City champs in 09'

That coach from Smyrna you are referencing to just became the OC at Blackman.

Bever is not going to Jo Byrns from what I have been told. Nor do I believe he will be coaching in Rutherford County. Haven't heard anything to confirm Middleton going to Blackman, but it wouldnt' surprise me...doubtful he will end up at Portland, especially as a head coach. I just don't see that happening. I will be surprised if he is a coordinator at Blackman to be honest.