Worst Gym Setup

ttubandit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to the ksgovols, i actually dont mind the drive, its not far at all. and we didnt lose, ha.

but to greenwheel, its not that its the worst, i just dont like it. theres not enough room, theres only like 4 rows of bleachers. just somethin about it im not a big fan at all.

Fair enough. I have similar feelings about CA. All the seats are upstairs, there's not many of them and there's seating where you just can't see the entire floor. Personally I like to sit near the floor where I can get a feel for the action.

Fair enough. I have similar feelings about CA. All the seats are upstairs, there's not many of them and there's seating where you just can't see the entire floor. Personally I like to sit near the floor where I can get a feel for the action.

Yea, i agree about wanting to sit near the action. But at least at CA, you don't have to walk on the court just to get to your seats like you do at Santa Fe. So that is an advantage for CA's gym, but the one negative is that you can't see all the gym unless you are standing on the railing like their fans do. So if I was someone who just wanted to sit and watch a game, I wouldn't enjoy it that much. But seeing as I am not one of those people, i really like the originality of the gym.

Yea, i agree about wanting to sit near the action. But at least at CA, you don't have to walk on the court just to get to your seats like you do at Santa Fe. So that is an advantage for CA's gym, but the one negative is that you can't see all the gym unless you are standing on the railing like their fans do. So if I was someone who just wanted to sit and watch a game, I wouldn't enjoy it that much. But seeing as I am not one of those people, i really like the originality of the gym.

at some point CA will build a new gym, i hope they keep "the pit" style, but just make it bigger. from what i hear the CA players LOVE the gym, and the opposing teams HATE it. which is exactly how WE want it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You win. Rained out basketball games trumps everything else. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How about playing in the rain???

In 2002 when we played at Clinch, it was raining hard and the roof started leaking. They put out buckets and trash cans under the leaks and told us to play around them!!

Beat that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

oh i know it. some of these places deff need to some work done. im 2003 when cosby played rockwood in the region championship at MIDWAY that was a sight to see. place may hold 550 packed. there was probly 800 in there. an i did play at cloudland actually that was very small too. old hancock co gym was one of the craziest places to play.

How was the old Sneedville gym? And did you ever get to play at the gyms at Powell Valley or Forge Ridge before the schools shut down?

• 4 months later...

This past Friday I went to the Cleveland vs. Walker Valley basketball game, and I was amazed at the construction of the gym. Let me preface this by saying that I am in no way affiliated with either team. The only reason that I went is because I knew it would be a good game. When I got there I was dumbfounded at the design of the gym. It is a AAA school with barely enough room to seat 600 people that can see the game. On one entire, full length, side of the court there are only 4 ROWS HIGH!!!. I couldn't understand this at all. In addition to that the other side of the gym is a two teir setup but the back teir isn't raised so you can only see the opposite half of the court b/c of people walking and standing/sitting on the first teir. I think that this is the WORST gym design that I have ever seen b/c there is very limited seating for people actually wanting to watch the game. There is not a good seat in the entire secong teir. Whoever designed this gym should be fired!!!

I am starting this thread b/c I want to hear about all of the "bad gyms" in TN. This tread is not supposed to be about the teams that play in the gym or the fans involved... GYM ONLY!!!

Greenbrier High School gym is the worst bar none.

Has Cheatham County ever seating on the floor? The last time I went there (which was a long time ago) they didn't. I don't remember their gym as being small.

I don't really care for gyms that have only balcony seating. A good example is Greenbrier.

Yep and I'll get to that...

You win. Rained out basketball games trumps everything else.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Oh, yeah?...

How about playing in IN the rain???

In 2002 when we played at Clinch, it was raining hard and the roof started leaking. They put out buckets and trash cans under the leaks and told us to play around them!!

Beat that

/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Can't!!!

Greenbrier High School gym is the worst bar none.

As I said, yep!, it's TER-RIBLE...and I heard ( /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />) it's because the coach that was there the longest (70s, 80s, 90s?) designed it that way because he didn't want the fans coachin' his boys. So now, players, parents and supporters have, for years, had to suffer because of his insecurity and cockamamie gym set-up idea (the acoustics are terrible, too). For a fairly big school, it's embarrassing and selfish. Even if we don't have winning basketball programs (v'ball is played there, too /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ), it's a shame.