White Co. Football

cavsfootball

No shock here, he's got a losing career record just what the doctor ordered. Okay, i'm being a bit negative I'll try to do better.

Did the guy even play in college? I can't find anything about a playing career. He wanted to go to Knoxville and ended up in Sparta. I just don't get it. Anyway I got to get back to work, disappointed but ...used to it.

I hope to avoid a new search committee in a couple years but I wouldn't bet my McNuggets on it.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Bill Belichek ever play professionally?

Did Mike Tomlin, the world champion coach, play professionally?

What about Jon Gruden?

Tom Coughlin?

Brian Billick?

Mike Shanahan?

They all got big, gawdy rings.

First, congrats to Coach Malone if the news I'm hearing is true. Good luck rebuilding our program, you're gonna need it.

Now, Patriot97, what you wrote earlier was one of the dumbest things I've ever read. I wish our new coach well but I'm not yet ready to compare him with some of the greatest coaches in the game (3 of which do not currently have coaching jobs) because he, like them, does not have experience playing in the pros!! That's just a ridiculous statement. The man has 1 winning season in 3 years of head coaching and was 1-10 in his 2nd year. I researched Ardmore and they were 0-10 before he won his 8 games his first year. But they had won 7 the year before they were winless so he obviously didn't inherit a completely dry cupboard. He's gonna need all the luck in the world to turn this program around because quite frankly our current administration has been making all the wrong moves for quite sometime. I hope that this isn't one of those moves but from what I've been able to find out it's looking more and more like a bad choice. Good luck Coach Malone we're all behind you...until of course our administration decides you've been here long enough and forces you out!

I don't know anything about the coach that got the job, but I would bet that a lot of successful high shool coaches didn't play college ball. I know several that didn't. I know some that did play in college that have not done well coaching high school.

warrior1996,

Careful before you use phrases like "dumbest things". The path of my logic was to point out (*sigh* I hate explaining myself) that to be a successful coach at some level - high school, college, professional - it is not necessarily a qualification to have played at that level, or as winstonblue was insinuating, a higher level.

It's not a comparison. Yes, some on that list have been fired. But they're still Super Bowl champions and that title can't be fired.

warrior1996,

Careful before you use phrases like "dumbest things". The path of my logic was to point out (*sigh* I hate explaining myself) that to be a successful coach at some level - high school, college, professional - it is not necessarily a qualification to have played at that level, or as winstonblue was insinuating, a higher level.

It's not a comparison. Yes, some on that list have been fired. But they're still Super Bowl champions and that title can't be fired.

I was simply making an observation that he did not play in college and that he has a losing record as a coach and has coached high school in three states, and has no ties to the area. So I've pointed out four negatives Patriot97. That's all. FOUR BIG negatives, now you give me some positives. He's Bill Belichek? Is that a really a come back? You know the answer to that.

Give me reasons to hire him, perhaps because he left Alabama 'due to circumstances beyond thier control?"

Maybe he will do a good job. Maybe he'll unite the community and I'll be his biggest fan. I just have a sick feeling right now. I don't know the other candidate but I have friends that do and I just thought it was a easy choice and you have to admit that it is what we were all hearing late last week.

Maybe Coach Malone can make a niche for himself here. I don't wish the guy ill I'm just venting a decision I disagree with and I'm not the only one who feels this way judging from the text messages on my phone tonight. I have another hour and a half to work and I'll perhaps I'll be back. But then again maybe not, there is really no need to say more.

I was going to stay off this thread but I couldn??™t help but check back and I??™m glad I did. If you are a supporter of Coach Houser, please do not continue trying to polarize this situation it has no positive benefits for anyone. The time to question a person??™s qualifications are during the process not after it is completed.

Remember this Bible verse ???And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God??¦. (Romans 8:28a) (KJV). That scripture tells me this situation worked out the best for all parties concerned. I know we did nothing wrong during the search and the decision went against us. It happens, it??™s life and it??™s time to move on.

YOU GUYS KILL ME! Here it is just hours after the pick is made and you find anything negitive that you can. Would it be ok if we let him get into town first. Look, I don't know the guy from Adam,but I do know what I've read. Let me ask you this. How many wins as a head coach does Houser have? How many years did Houser spend as a off/def coord? How many coaching staffs has Houser put together? Guys Coach Houser by all accounts is a great person, Good coach, and will more than likely be a good head coach. From what I've heard and read from here from his Dad, he's a stand up guy who I would like to have had as a coach. But that's not the way it went. I can't help but think that the board thought back to the last coach who come from a football backround, had never been a head coach and looked good on paper. Does anybody remember Josh Kerr. Don't sell Malone short. He comes from a pretty good backround. Gary Rankin would have to be high on the list of coaches to learn from.In fact, Coach Rankin said that he would take Coach Malone back right now.Talk to the people at South Doyle High School. Malone more than likely would have gotten that job. I can tell you this he can't do it by his self. This is what I posted about earlier, we need to be ready to put out our hand and welcome Coach Malone to White County, not poke him in eye as he comes through the door.

I was going to stay off this thread but I couldn??™t help but check back and I??™m glad I did. If you are a supporter of Coach Houser, please do not continue trying to polarize this situation it has no positive benefits for anyone. The time to question a person??™s qualifications are during the process not after it is completed.

Remember this Bible verse ???And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God??¦. (Romans 8:28a) (KJV). That scripture tells me this situation worked out the best for all parties concerned. I know we did nothing wrong during the search and the decision went against us. It happens, it??™s life and it??™s time to move on.

Nice post!

Congrats Coach Malone and good luck!

White County, you've got a great coach who will work your kids hard and be successful. He won't be looking to jump ship any time soon. He wanted to get into TN and I think you'll be happy once you meet him and get to know him.

You can look for as many negatives as you want and you'll always find them. Records, experience as a player, "not from White County", whatever. But as some of your fans mentioned, he is who you've got. Support him, expect and demand the best and I believe you'll get it.