Alcoa 2009

BCsportsfan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anybody other than Alcoa fans reading this:

If you think the boys are taking it easy, enjoying their trophy, think again! Several of the boys hit the weight room this week, looking forward to next year! These kids are amazing! They're taking the initiative to get in the weight room and keep it up, willing themselves to get stronger and faster so they can take a 6th!!! It amazes me that they're taking it upon themselves to continue training on their own! We've got a special group of kids!

Isn't there a mandatory dead period right after the season???????????

TSSAA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything new on the football schedule

Clinton and Catholic are out officially...

McMinn Central, Fulton and Maryville are in.

Still need 2 games.

TSSAA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you really that stupid?

Dead period applies to coaches having contact with the players doing training outside of say, a weight training class. We always lifted right after the season in class because well, it was a class. And we still worked out during dead periods in the summer but we did it on our own, no mandatory sessions, no coaches, and outside school property, which is within TSSAA rules.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Read the whole post!

"They're taking the initiative to get in the weight room and keep it up, willing themselves to get stronger and faster so they can take a 6th!!! It amazes me that they're taking it upon themselves to continue training on their own!"

There are no coaches involved; they're working out on their own! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Wednesday of this past week JaRon Toney maxed out 550 on parallel squat weighing in at only 150 lbs. There sure is some power behind his legs.

Linemen Justin Marsh and Justin Hopky also reached their Max squat at about 550, But Toneys was 555, not 550, sorry to be technical /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• 4 months later...

I know of 2 schools within a 15 minute bus ride of Alcoa............. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Linemen Justin Marsh and Justin Hopky also reached their Max squat at about 550, But Toneys was 555, not 550, sorry to be technical /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

As of pretty recently Jaron is up to 560, and Marsh and Hopkey both reached 565