Alcoa 2009

BCsportsfan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, these are the better schools in the new 3A classification.

Alcoa High School

Tyner Academy

Lewis Co. High School

Gatlinburg-Pittman High School

Christ Presbyterian Academy (CPA)

Polk Co. High School

Goodpasture Christian School

Milan High School

Smith Co. High School

Westview High School

Pearl Cohn High School

Alvin C. York Institute

Howard School of Academics & Tech.

Loudon High School

Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK)

Austin-East High School

Kingston High School

I fully expect Alcoa to battle with A-E and Kingston in the play-off's

Blount Today's Stefan Cooper talks about Alcoa's 2008 Middle school All Blount County team players:

http://www.blounttoday.com/news/2008/nov/2...-football-team/

Great article.

Ezekiel Koko, Alcoa Middle School

Son of Paulus and Suona Koko, Ezekiel immigrated from Sudan when he was in the fourth grade. He started playing football soon after his arrival in the fifth grade. He has since developed his 5-foot-11, 165-pound frame into solid muscle. On offense, Koko averaged 8 yards per carry and two touchdowns per game. On defense, he was one of the leading tacklers from his linebacker spot and had an interception returned for a touchdown. Koko also returned punts, kickoffs and kicked off.

Jarod DeAonte Crenshaw, Alcoa Middle School

Jarod is the son of Leondra and Rodrick Crenshaw. He was a beast carrying the football, standing 5-foot-10 and weighing 190 pounds. Crenshaw averaged 10 yards per carry and two touchdowns per game. At fullback, he cleared huge holes for running mate Ezekiel Koko. Crenshaw added jaw-dropping tackles from his linebacker spot. With his speed and freakish strength, he will be a force to be reckoned with on the high school level.

Kenny Wayne Dean, Alcoa Middle School

Dean is not only an incredible athlete but an honor roll student. He stands 5-foot-10 and weighs 160 pounds. At split end, he averaged 30 yards per catch, scoring seven touchdowns. In time of need, Dean was a go-to man with his ability to beat anyone man on man. On defense, he played free safety and had two interceptions, a fumble recovery and several breakups. Dean is the son of Kenneth and Aubrey Dean.

Thomas Loy, Alcoa Middle School

At 6-foot, 180 pounds, Loy was an asset on both offense and defense. At defensive end, he was a threat to the opposing quarterbacks. At offensive tackle, he paved the way for his talented teammates. Loy is an honor student and a member of the basketball and baseball teams. Loy is the son of Kathryn and David Loy.

Corey Long, Alcoa Middle School

Long stands 5-foot-8 and weighs 195 pounds. He was a starter on offense and defense and recorded four pancake blocks and was always the guy you knew you could run behind when you needed a few yards. On defense, he averaged four tackles per game. He had five tackles for loss, four sacks and a safety. Long is the son of John and Anne Long.

I have heard that Crenshaw may be heading to Fulton. Koko's situation is more of a family matter that I have heard about, that I don't believe should be discussed on here.

I heard this info about a month or so ago so things might've possibly changed,

Crenshaw isn't going anywhere although they (Fulton) want him to. Koko will hopefully stay, but that is up in the air somewhat. I hope he stays because even though he is a great athlete he is an even better kid.

For anybody other than Alcoa fans reading this:

If you think the boys are taking it easy, enjoying their trophy, think again! Several of the boys hit the weight room this week, looking forward to next year! These kids are amazing! They're taking the initiative to get in the weight room and keep it up, willing themselves to get stronger and faster so they can take a 6th!!! It amazes me that they're taking it upon themselves to continue training on their own! We've got a special group of kids!