Who will be new MTCS coach?

mofototo50

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a good hire, didn't see much about his coaching experience, mostly playing, other than assistant at BA and coaching offensive line. Has he been a coordinator of either side of the ball? I know he has been around some great coaches in the past with college and high school. Sounds like he is a great guy that the players will like.

Seems like a good hire, didn't see much about his coaching experience, mostly playing, other than assistant at BA and coaching offensive line. Has he been a coordinator of either side of the ball? I know he has been around some great coaches in the past with college and high school. Sounds like he is a great guy that the players will like.

He works hard. He has been the JV head coach and runs the offense of the middle school team. Very good motivator. Kids will do anything for him.

I have two sons at Brentwood Academy that have had (one currently has) Coach Peden as a teacher. They have both played for him. He leads a Bible study every Wednesday night at his home for the senior boys at his home. I will tell you from the bottom of my heart that your administration "hit the ball out of the park!" What a huge loss for us and a great gain for MTCS. I am happy for Coach Peden and MTCS. It will take us a couple of weeks to get over it at Brentwood Academy, but then I am sure we will all become MTCS Fans.

good post

MIDDLE TENNESSEE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL

PRESS RELEASE

615-893-0602

David Peden has been selected as the new high school head football coach at Middle

Tennessee Christian School. Currently a teacher and coach at Brentwood Academy, Peden

received his bachelor??™s degree from the University of Mississippi. During his undergraduate

years, he was an offensive lineman for the Ole Miss Rebels football team, playing under Coach

Tommy Tuberville and Coach David Cutcliffe, Peden was active in the Ole Miss Fellowship of

Christian Athletes and was recognized on the All-Southeastern Conference Academic Honor

Roll.

After graduating from Ole Miss, Peden spent two years at theUniversity of Tennessee at

Martin as an assistant coach with the women??™s basketball program. He completed his graduate

work and earned his Masters of Business Administration degree from the University of

Mississippi in 2007.

A native of Donelson, Tennessee, Mr. Peden graduated from Brentwood Academy in

1997 and was a member of championship football teams in 1995 and 1996. In 2003, he returned

to Brentwood Academy where he has served as an assistant football coach working with varsity

offensive and defensive lineman and linebackers as well as with the junior varsity and junior

high teams. During his tenure as an assistant, the Eagles won the Division II AAA State

Championship in 2006 and were runners-up in 2003, 2004, 2007 and 2008. Teaching economics

and history, Coach Peden has also served as an assistant for both the boys and girls basketball

teams at Brentwood Academy.

Commenting on the selection, MTCS Principal Todd Miller said, ???We are looking

forward to David joining our staff at MTCS. He has outstanding experience as a player, and he

has worked with respected coaches at both the high school and college levels. He has been

highly recommended, and we believe he will be a valuable addition to our faculty and a great

leader for the young men in our football program.???

Sounds like a good hire. We look forward to meeting the new coach next season.

• 2 weeks later...