1A All-State

FridayMainEvent

My only beef with some of these "All-xxx" teams is that "Twig" Edwards from JB has really gotten snubbed.

10 INT'S!!! Who had more in 1A? Anyway, congrats to all that did make this or any other "All-xxx" team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dad burnit......them fellers strike again. Old Pirate wonders how players can make an offensive team or defensive team when they never or rarely ever played that side of the ball? Old Pirate says them sports writers have to have skillet slingers. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The point is players should be representative of positions they actually played regularly. Question.....how much credit can you give to a player for making Sportswriters Allstate player for being a bench warmer when he was in the band? Now for you youngons that can't understand OP's last statement. It was used as an example and not reflective of any player named. Congrats to the players that made it and for the players who are always overlooked by these fellers, OP says don't loose sleep!

Class 1A

Jacob Carkuff

Cascade

Bryce Davidson

Columbia Academy

Austin Dillon

Trousdale County

Heath Dyer

Clarksville Academy

Brent Ford

Trousdale County

Preston Gilbreath

Mt. Pleasant

Ricky Hord

Cascade

David Jones

South Pittsburg

James King

Manassas

Garnett Ladd

Clarksville Academy

Alex Rector

Columbia Academy

Tyler Richardson

Knoxville Grace

Colton Speed

Union City

Jared White

Trousdale County

Congratulations to Jacob Carkuff and Ricky Hord on the All-State selections! Very proud of you, young men!

Congrats to them all. It's great honor to be ALL State. Will any of them be back next year and if so which ones?

My only beef with some of these "All-xxx" teams is that "Twig" Edwards from JB has really gotten snubbed.

10 INT'S!!! Who had more in 1A? Anyway, congrats to all that did make this or any other "All-xxx" team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with you on Edwards. Also find it hard to believe that Hord (#2) from Cascade was not on the writer's list. I guess not every deserving player can make it. Congrats to all who did. Glad to see Region 5-1A well represented. Speaks highly of the players and coaches in the region.

I agree with you on Edwards. Also find it hard to believe that Hord (#2) from Cascade was not on the writer's list. I guess not every deserving player can make it. Congrats to all who did. Glad to see Region 5-1A well represented. Speaks highly of the players and coaches in the region.

Region 5 did have good representation, 51, with 6 selections, but don't you find a bit odd that the undefeated region champs had ZERO of those selections? Not trying to take away from anyone who did get selected, but you would have thought Cascade would of been represented with at least one selection. They normally have pretty good coverage in the local paper, which makes this even more puzzling.

Class 1A

Jacob Carkuff

Cascade

Bryce Davidson

Columbia Academy

Austin Dillon

Trousdale County

Heath Dyer

Clarksville Academy

Brent Ford

Trousdale County

Preston Gilbreath

Mt. Pleasant

Ricky Hord

Cascade

David Jones

South Pittsburg

James King

Manassas

Garnett Ladd

Clarksville Academy

Alex Rector

Columbia Academy

Tyler Richardson

Knoxville Grace

Colton Speed

Union City

Jared White

Trousdale County

Congratulations to Jacob Carkuff and Ricky Hord on the All-State selections! Very proud of you, young men!

2 guys from Clarksville Academy? Is this the list that most go by?