Lake Co @ Humboldt

Guest snakedriver

She may not know much about basketball but she knows hard work and heart

These kids from Humboldt have all of that

I got my girls back so dont dis her on a message board unless your gonna back it up elsewhere

She never offended you personally so dont take it there

As for the schedule, These kids have played tough games all their lives(AAU, previous High School games)

They are tested and will prevail in the end and throughout until the end

I say this pretty confidentally

Merry Christmas!!!!!!! I never throw the first barb...keep that in mind!!!!!!! BTW, not sure what you meant by back it up elsewhere......but, I do that to!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The reply was to me, not the other way around!!!!!!!! I don't need anyone else telling me not to take it there either!!!!!!!! All I did was make a reply after I was called out first!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Serioulsy though, Merry Cristmas...I mean that to!!!!!!

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I find it really touching that so many people are concerned about the schedule that Humboldt plays. I'm sure that these concerned fans just want to see Humboldt be at their best come tournament time or whenever their respective teams have to play them. GIVE ME A FREAKIN' BREAK. Humboldt fans I think that for the most part they talk about this is get under your skin. Do you really think that most of them are genuinely concerned about your team's success. Lack of success maybe.That is what I am concerned about, your lack of success, when you play us. Do you believe that your opponents or sitting around and genuinely fretting about your lack of a strong schedule and how it will affect your success as a team when you face a strong opponent. Now, I could see 'boldt fans having those concerns because they want their team to be successful. I for one(and I don't think I am alone) am not interested in trying to give suggestions to Humboldt on how to beat our brains out. That would be counterproductive to my team's success. I wouldn't give that "this is what you should be doing Humboldt" coming from anyone other than a Humboldt fan a serious response. Be wary of advice from opponents bearing gifts that will make your team better. Button pushers are alive and well on coacht. I am not saying that they are not right. I am just saying that their motives are to say the least.....suspect.

I have no allegiance to either team. I just call it like I see it.

Merry Chistmas and good will to all. I may seem a bit rough at times but I wish no ill will on any team. Good Luck to Humboldt and Lake Couty both....I mean that to.

HumboldtGuy said......

"i wish we played a harder schedule

but we aren't really close to many good teams

such as manassas with a lot of good teams in the Memphis area

or Union City and Lake County who can drive 30 min to Kentucky and play a decent team

but thats the main reason we don't have a challenging schedule"

Has the state of Tennessee moved Humboldt to far NE Tennessee????.......That's got to be the lamest excuse for not playing anyone I have EVER seen....

Do you REALLY believe that HumboldtGuy??....... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Liberty

Bolivar

Dyer County

Jax NS

Haywood Co

Fayette Ware

Covington

Jax SS

Westview

Henry County

Obion Central

There are PLENTY of teams in West Tennessee within EASY driving distance of Humboldt...Maybe the coaching staff did reach out to some of those teams and they wouldn't play them, nobody but JW would really know about that for sure..I'm sure some of the tournament directors around here would have LOVED to have a team the caliber of Humboldt come and play in their tournaments...Even little ole Lake County goes up to Illinois and plays four games in that tournament..Marion is not close to Tiptonville....Playing hard teams doesn't guarantee state championships but it does create situations a team will face if and when the time comes to play in Murfreesboro and it does put your team up against some good quality opponents that you can compare yourself to and kind of see where you need to be come March....

But that "excuse" is really one to make you shake your head and say..."HUH" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I was thinking the same thing before you replied..What an excuse?Lake Co is like being out on an island compared to Humboldt..Lake Co actually plays 5 games in Marion.Illinois each year..Lake Co will play 2 games on the last day...At 11 in the morning and 5:30....I plan on going tomorrow and after that just see how things go..Rather I want to drive each day or spend a couple nights..Not sure yet..The girls are playing in Dyersburg,a lot closer so if there are some good teams ,may go there..Also the Lions tournament..May go watcj Dyer Co..I guess I'll look at the schedules..maybe plan around Lake Co..

I was thinking the same thing before you replied..What an excuse?Lake Co is like being out on an island compared to Humboldt..Lake Co actually plays 5 games in Marion.Illinois each year..Lake Co will play 2 games on the last day...At 11 in the morning and 5:30....I plan on going tomorrow and after that just see how things go..Rather I want to drive each day or spend a couple nights..Not sure yet..The girls are playing in Dyersburg,a lot closer so if there are some good teams ,may go there..Also the Lions tournament..May go watcj Dyer Co..I guess I'll look at the schedules..maybe plan around Lake Co..

I can't answer the question as to why Humboldt doesnt play in an out of state tourny, but the reason the 4-5 "out of district" games are played with Milan and Gibson County is strictly due to being in the County! We've always played them and will probably continue to do so. They are local and considered a rivalry! Besides there is only a certain amount of games the TSSAA allows you to play. Bottom line is doesnt matter what your regular season record is. Its the record in march that matters Nothing else matters! It's yet to be seen from the Vikings, but the memphis tigers showed people last year, if you can ball, you can ball!! Doesnt matter what conference/district you play in! We will see soon!

HumboldtGuy said......

Liberty

Bolivar

Dyer County

Jax NS

Haywood Co

Fayette Ware

Covington

Jax SS

Westview

Henry County

Obion Central

There are PLENTY of teams in West Tennessee within EASY driving distance of Humboldt...Maybe the coaching staff did reach out to some of those teams and they wouldn't play them, nobody but JW would really know about that for sure..I'm sure some of the tournament directors around here would have LOVED to have a team the caliber of Humboldt come and play in their tournaments...Even little ole Lake County goes up to Illinois and plays four games in that tournament..Marion is not close to Tiptonville....Playing hard teams doesn't guarantee state championships but it does create situations a team will face if and when the time comes to play in Murfreesboro and it does put your team up against some good quality opponents that you can compare yourself to and kind of see where you need to be come March....

But that "excuse" is really one to make you shake your head and say..."HUH" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

we played Liberty in the jamboree

northside at least once preseason

and the 2 years i was on the team we played southside preseason

so i would assume they did this season

all the other teams are at least 40 min away

compared to Milan who is 10 min down the road

and i'm not quite sure about this but from what i hear on the school board...

funds are extremely low...

2 years ago they were talking big about throwing Humboldt city schools over to the county systems

so with that...

i would assume they would want to stay closer to save some money

i'm not trying to make excuses

although it sounds like it

these are just possibilities as to why we don't travel more during the season

and what boro said is true too

they do consider these teams rivals

especially Milan

I can't answer the question as to why Humboldt doesnt play in an out of state tourny, but the reason the 4-5 "out of district" games are played with Milan and Gibson County is strictly due to being in the County! We've always played them and will probably continue to do so. They are local and considered a rivalry! Besides there is only a certain amount of games the TSSAA allows you to play. Bottom line is doesnt matter what your regular season record is. Its the record in march that matters Nothing else matters! It's yet to be seen from the Vikings, but the memphis tigers showed people last year, if you can ball, you can ball!! Doesnt matter what conference/district you play in! We will see soon!

but we aren't really close to many good teams

such as manassas with a lot of good teams in the Memphis area

or Union City and Lake County who can drive 30 min to Kentucky and play a decent team

but thats the main reason we don't have a challenging schedule

I wasn't questioning the teams that Humboldt played..I went to the Gibson Co Christmas tournament..I was referring to the reply that Humboldt wasn't really close to many good teams ..I mean there's a lot of quality teams close by ,Dyer Co and Liberty to just name a couple..Way closer than teams for Lake Co...Lake Co is like being out on an island as far as traveling compared to Humboldt...In Humbolt's defense,because of how many teams are in our district and that they always play in the Gibson Co Christmas tournament..not a lot they can do..Maybe play in 1 other quality tournament..Also ..You never know from 1 year to the next how good a team may be..Milan could become a power in basketball just like football..Never really know one season to the next because of grades,injuries,maybe a team loses a couple players that transfer and aren't as good as expected..maybe a team gets better because of transfers ..Humboldt was impressive the times I've seen them..!

Humboldt[/url]Guy' date='Dec 25 2008 - 09:38 PM' post='826999675']

we played Liberty in the jamboree

northside at least once preseason

and the 2 years i was on the team we played southside preseason

so i would assume they did this season

all the other teams are at least 40 min away

compared to Milan who is 10 min down the road

and i'm not quite sure about this but from what i hear on the school board...

funds are extremely low...

2 years ago they were talking big about throwing Humboldt city schools over to the county systems

so with that...

i would assume they would want to stay closer to save some money

i'm not trying to make excuses

although it sounds like it

these are just possibilities as to why we don't travel more during the season

and what boro said is true too

I didn't know Liberty was a 40 minute drive from Humboldt..Dyer Co is probably 30 to 40 minutes away,depending on how you drive...For Lake Co to get to any game..it's over an hour away..Gleason.Humbolt,Halls,Trenton.Gleason,no matter who they play..I don't call 40 minutes for a ball game a long way..I drive close to that for every home game at Tiptonville..The Away games..Trenton,Halls are the closest for me and Humboldt ,Union City,Greenfield are just as close as Lake Co's home games for me..And I'd just about bet that if Humboldt played Dyer Co or if Union City wasn't in the district but Humboldt was going to play them anyway..That 40 minutes wouldn't be too far to fill the gym with Humboldt fans..I'd bet there would be more Humboldt fans at those games that Humboldt would have at Bradfors.a school in the same county as Humboldt..Not putting down Bradford or Humboldt's schedule..just that a school being 40 minutes away isn't to bad..! I know I'd drive 40 minutes to see Humboldt-Liberty or Humboldt -Dyer Co if that was the case..!

I didn't know Liberty was a 40 minute drive from Humboldt..Dyer Co is probably 30 to 40 minutes away,depending on how you drive...For Lake Co to get to any game..it's over an hour away..Gleason.Humbolt,Halls,Trenton.Gleason,no matter who they play..I don't call 40 minutes for a ball game a long way..I drive close to that for every home game at Tiptonville..The Away games..Trenton,Halls are the closest for me and Humboldt ,Union City,Greenfield are just as close as Lake Co's home games for me..And I'd just about bet that if Humboldt played Dyer Co or if Union City wasn't in the district but Humboldt was going to play them anyway..That 40 minutes wouldn't be too far to fill the gym with Humboldt fans..I'd bet there would be more Humboldt fans at those games that Humboldt would have at Bradfors.a school in the same county as Humboldt..Not putting down Bradford or Humboldt's schedule..just that a school being 40 minutes away isn't to bad..! I know I'd drive 40 minutes to see Humboldt-Liberty or Humboldt -Dyer Co if that was the case..!

they already played those teams

i said all the others besides Liberty northside and southside are 40 min drives

and we played those in preseason along with dyer co

and yes they would still schedule Union City

because they're the biggest rival we have in basketball

I'm a big Memphis Tiger Fan. Since this is the second time somebody has brought up Memphis I would just say the following:

Memphis Tigers 2007/2008

Out of Conference

Team Margin +/- Memphis

Oklahoma +10 (Big 12)

UConn +11 (Big East)

Austin Peay +22 (OVC regular season and Tournement Champion, NCCA Tournement team)

USC +4 (Pac 10)

Cincinnati +10 (Big East)

Georgetown +14 (Big East)

Arizona +13 (Pac 10)

Siena +44 (MAAC the same team that beat Vandy in the NCAA tournement)

Gonzaga +12 (WCC)

UT -4 (SEC)

NCAA Tournement

Miss St +3 (SEC Memphis could have easily lost this game, Out of Conf schedule prepared them for a game like this)

Michigan St +18 (Big 10)

Texas +18 (Big 12)

UCLA +15 (Pac10)

Kansas -7 (Big 12)

The out of conference schedule certainly prepared Memphis for the NCAA Tournement as well as getting them a #1 seed. The reason Memphis played one of the toughest out of conference schedules in the country was because CUSA was not that strong, although they are a better conference than give credit for. Makes sense to me.

I'm a big Memphis Tiger Fan. Since this is the second time somebody has brought up Memphis I would just say the following:

Memphis Tigers 2007/2008

Out of Conference

Team Margin +/- Memphis

Oklahoma +10 (Big 12)

UConn +11 (Big East)

Austin Peay +22 (OVC regular season and Tournement Champion, NCCA Tournement team)

USC +4 (Pac 10)

Cincinnati +10 (Big East)

Georgetown +14 (Big East)

Arizona +13 (Pac 10)

Siena +44 (MAAC the same team that beat Vandy in the NCAA tournement)

Gonzaga +12 (WCC)

UT -4 (SEC)

NCAA Tournement

Miss St +3 (SEC Memphis could have easily lost this game, Out of Conf schedule prepared them for a game like this)

Michigan St +18 (Big 10)

Texas +18 (Big 12)

UCLA +15 (Pac10)

Kansas -7 (Big 12)

The out of conference schedule certainly prepared Memphis for the NCAA Tournement as well as getting them a #1 seed. The reason Memphis played one of the toughest out of conference schedules in the country was because CUSA was not that strong, although they are a better conference than give credit for. Makes sense to me.

I brought it up because you guys keep talking about the schedule. Do you live in a town within Gibson County? If not maybe you are not aware of the so called rivalries. We are going to play Milan and Gibson county twice a year. We cant help the district in which we are placed! Again I dont know enough obout why they dont play in a out of state tourney like some of the other schools! But i doubt the administration will stop playing milan and gibson county so we can have a"tough schedule". Your post about memphis is actually my whole point. IF you can ball, you can ball! We will have to see! Playing liberty and whoever else you guys think we should play is not going to bringthe gold ball to the boldt! it will be the team continuing to ball no matter who they play!

First off I was one of the first on here (before the season even started) to say Humboldt had the makings of a special team. This was before I ever saw or heard of "BERNITHA". I call it like I see it and unlike you I am not a HOMER. Anybody that looks at these thing honestly would tell you that the weak schedule could come back to haunt Humboldt......Mental Toughness is gained by going through adversity and tough games....What is to be gained by blowing everybody out...Like I said, there are several upper tier teams that would do the exact same thing Humboldt is doing if they were playing the same schedule. YOU GOT THAT HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!! or are you one of those people that only follows Humboldt and doesn't have a clue about the rest of the teams in West TN and the State...I suspect that's exacly what you are because you really don't make much sense from a basketball standpont...you just try to talk little smack and that's it. Guess What.....I can talk a little to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME REPEAT THIS AGAIN JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND...I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TO PRAISE HUMBOLDT BEFORE THE SEASON EVER STARTED.....LOOK IT UP BEFORE I MAKE A FOOL OUT OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of the Humboldt fans can see through the smack and understand about the schedule and have said as much!!!!!!! Why don't you get off that high horse and adress them the same way you do me?

Second, don't get on here and tell me to lay off and support Humboldt. I am not a HOMER like yourself and I don't live in Memphis either. I have nothing whatsoever against Humboldt or Manassas. The posters on here that support Humboldt far outnumber the ones supporting Manassas....that is an ABSOLUTE fact!!!!!! Humboldts out of district schedule is a JOKE and anybody with a brain would know that. That is not smack talk it's just a fact and if anybody brings it up people like you get sensitive and then a can of worms is opened and then everything starts. If you have anything to offer as far as basketball I would love to hear it. As a mater of fact if my memory serves me correctly one of your own fans called you out on this board for everybody to see not that long ago...Remeber that?

Thirdly, get your stuff straight. There was not a more vocal person on here last year against UC than myself. Look it up!!!!!!!! It really had nothing whatsoever to do with UC either , it was with some of the fans. I picked Manassas to beat UC last season and when it was over I gave UC props and said there kids were as respectfull as any team I saw at the Boro and they reperesented there community in a manner that anybody would be proud off....This after going back and forth the entire season with a handfull of the UC faithfull. It's fans like you that will make fans root against your team....MARK IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!! Again,the Humboldt faithfull far outnumber the Manassas people on here. I really could care less what you have to say. As far as Legend goes, he is quite capable of standing up for himself and his views on here. The man knows alot but also talks a little samk to, just like alot of peopl on here do. What he says about the schedule is true....he may not say it in a manner that you like but nonetheless it's the truth. Having said that, there are some Humboldt people on here I have had some very good discussions with (you are not one of them). I would say this to those people...if this post offendes you I apologize and look forward to discussing the rest of the season.

I guess that's it for now (BERNITHIA)...unless you have something else to say. If so you can take it to the bank I will respond in kind!!!!!!!! HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!

okay good morning people and i hope everyone had a blessed christmas i did. sorry it took me so long to respond family,work and holidays come first. any way first off as far as this board goes I DONOT THINK PEOPLE SHOULD CALL NAMES. I AM NO MEANS A UGLY PERSON BUT I COME ON HERE TO SUPPORT MY TOWN AND TEAM. I MAY CALL YOU A HUMBOLDT HATER BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I FEEL. I COULD CALL PEOPLE OTHER THINGS BUT IT IS NOT WORTH IT BECAUSE THIS IS JUST A POST. AND AS YOU TOLD SOMEONE ELSE DO NOT RESPOND TO YOUR POST PLEASE DO NOT RESPONE TO MIND. I SAY WHAT I WANT AND I TRY NOT TO TAKE THE UGLY ROAD BECAUSE I CALL MYSELF A PRETTY DECENT PERSON. MY NAME IS MRS BERNITHIA ISABELL NOT HOMER PLEASE REPECT. LAST TIME I HEARD HOMER WAS ON ROOTS. NOW ABOUT BASKETBALL I AM A FAN NOT A COACH I DONT KNOW HOW THEY DO THE SCHEDULE AND REALY DONT CARE. AND IF YOU ARE NOT HUMBOLDTS COACH YOU SHOULD NOT EITHER. ALL I CARE ABOUT IS WHEN I GET MY SHEDULE AND PLAN TO ATTEND ALL THE GAMES NOT JUST THE HIGH LIGHTED GAMES ALL OF THEM. AND IF HUMBOLDT GETS BEAT I WILL STILL TALK SMACK BECAUSE I AM A FAN. AND I WOULD HOPE THAT THE OTHER TEAMS WOULDNT BE FOR US THEY SHOULD BE FOR THEIR TEAM. IF SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT THE SCHEDULE YOU SHOULD BE THE COACH. BUT YOUR NOT SO IF WE GET HURT IN THE END WE GET HURT IN THE END BUT THE END IS NOT HERE SO UNLESS YOU GOT SPECIAL POWER AND CAN SEE IN TO MARCH LET THE SCHEDULE GO BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE. MAYBE NEXT YEAR COACH WILL AND MAYBE HE WANT. TO END THIS BECAUSE I HAVE SOMETHING BETTER TO DO THEN REPOND TO HATEFUL PEOPLE. THIS DOESNOT OFFEND ME. WHAT OFFENDS ME IS WHEN A WAITRESS IS RUDE BECAUSE SHE THINKS I WANT TIP.