Lake Co @ Humboldt

Guest snakedriver

Well, this got interesting......from what I have gathered Humboldt has a good fan following this year....Let's see we got BERNITHIA, who feeds the team and battles with Legend and now yankees.....and mistook me for someone else, no sweat about that by the way. Cuzfromtheboldt..who gets uptight when someone talks smack to BERNITHIA, Humboldt58, who seems to be a pretty straight up guy...gives good honest info......same goes for Humboldtguy. Then we have mr.bigster who I have known for way too long to actually say, spellerone who is obviously a LC fan...seems alright in my book. P&G...good guy, knows alot about 14a...yankees...a stat freak and good guy in real life....and last but not least Legend....Memphis guy through and through...can you say Manassas? Course this has nothing to do with much of anything...but it does make some interesting reading /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this got interesting......from what I have gathered Humboldt has a good fan following this year....Let's see we got BERNITHIA, who feeds the team and battles with Legend and now yankees.....and mistook me for someone else, no sweat about that by the way. Cuzfromtheboldt..who gets uptight when someone talks smack to BERNITHIA, Humboldt58, who seems to be a pretty straight up guy...gives good honest info......same goes for Humboldtguy. Then we have mr.bigster who I have known for way too long to actually say, spellerone who is obviously a LC fan...seems alright in my book. P&G...good guy, knows alot about 14a...yankees...a stat freak and good guy in real life....and last but not least Legend....Memphis guy through and through...can you say Manassas? Course this has nothing to do with much of anything...but it does make some interesting reading /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Adsmom86, can't forget about me..I've been on this board since '04 talking up the Vikes lol

Adsmom86, can't forget about me..I've been on this board since '04 talking up the Vikes lol

seriously...me too. But the main thing is the funding. Also, if Humboldt doesn't want to play good teams, then we don't have to. I'd rather us to, but you never know what to expect from teams. People get on here and start hyping up their teams saying how great they're going to be this year. UC fans were predicting them to beat Humboldt by 10+, so people figured UC would be good this year. I'm not saying that they are not good, but we beat them pretty badly. I'm just saying, that whenever you schedule to play teams, you never know what to expect.

You know I find it really touching that so many people are concerned about the schedule that Humboldt plays. I'm sure that these concerned fans just want to see Humboldt be at their best come tournament time or whenever their respective teams have to play them. GIVE ME A FREAKIN' BREAK. Humboldt fans I think that for the most part they talk about this is get under your skin. Do you really think that most of them are genuinely concerned about your team's success. Lack of success maybe.That is what I am concerned about, your lack of success, when you play us. Do you believe that your opponents or sitting around and genuinely fretting about your lack of a strong schedule and how it will affect your success as a team when you face a strong opponent. Now, I could see 'boldt fans having those concerns because they want their team to be successful. I for one(and I don't think I am alone) am not interested in trying to give suggestions to Humboldt on how to beat our brains out. That would be counterproductive to my team's success. I wouldn't give that "this is what you should be doing Humboldt" coming from anyone other than a Humboldt fan a serious response. Be wary of advice from opponents bearing gifts that will make your team better. Button pushers are alive and well on coacht. I am not saying that they are not right. I am just saying that their motives are to say the least.....suspect.

I doubt you feel it touching...More like amusing.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't care what they do during the season...I really don't...I just don't want to hear how great the Vikes are with the schedule they are playing this year....They could very well go undefeated in the regular season, probably should...

BUT..Now listen or more like look really close to this statement....What I do care about is if they do make it to Murfreesboro and represent this district....I do want them to come away with the Gold Ball, just like I would like to see Lake County win if they made it..If they both make it, I want to see them both play for the Gold Ball....We all do alot of hyping this district on this site and it isn't good when a team from a weaker district beats our teams in the 'Boro....I may be in the minority when I say I pull for a rival district team if they make it to state, but I do...

I doubt you feel it touching...More like amusing.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't care what they do during the season...I really don't...I just don't want to hear how great the Vikes are with the schedule they are playing this year....They could very well go undefeated in the regular season, probably should...

BUT..Now listen or more like look really close to this statement....What I do care about is if they do make it to Murfreesboro and represent this district....I do want them to come away with the Gold Ball, just like I would like to see Lake County win if they made it..If they both make it, I want to see them both play for the Gold Ball....We all do alot of hyping this district on this site and it isn't good when a team from a weaker district beats our teams in the 'Boro....I may be in the minority when I say I pull for a rival district team if they make it to state, but I do...

i'm in there with you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am with you. I pulled for UC after HBT lost to manassas!

Dangit...I knew I would leave some people out!!!! Sorry red_16 /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ...you didn't deserve to be left out of the mix!!! Apologies to you too frankieD12. If I have left anyone else out please feel free to tell me /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I was actually in Humboldt tonight...just got in...have relatives there.

Dangit...I knew I would leave some people out!!!! Sorry red_16 /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ...you didn't deserve to be left out of the mix!!! Apologies to you too frankieD12. If I have left anyone else out please feel free to tell me /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I was actually in Humboldt tonight...just got in...have relatives there.

You should be ashamed for leaving Red and Frankie out..And don't forget about Purple and Chipper..lolAnd what do you mean..known me long enough and not going to say!..lol..Remember I am for Lake Co but Dyer Co is my other team since I live in Newbern and my son is a sophomore at Dyer Co..!I'll probably go to the Dyersburg Christmas tournament in the morning..I believe Lake Co girls play U.S.J. at 1:00,then go to Martin to watch Dyer Co-Fulton Co..Then maybe go to Marion Monday night and spend the night and watch both games Tuesday..The other alternative is if Dyer Co-Henry Co wins..watch that game and drive to Marion Ill. early Tues. morning to get there before the 11:00 game..Save a motel bill that way also..!

okay good morning people and i hope everyone had a blessed christmas i did. sorry it took me so long to respond family,work and holidays come first. any way first off as far as this board goes I DONOT THINK PEOPLE SHOULD CALL NAMES. I AM NO MEANS A UGLY PERSON BUT I COME ON HERE TO SUPPORT MY TOWN AND TEAM. I MAY CALL YOU A HUMBOLDT HATER BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I FEEL. I COULD CALL PEOPLE OTHER THINGS BUT IT IS NOT WORTH IT BECAUSE THIS IS JUST A POST. AND AS YOU TOLD SOMEONE ELSE DO NOT RESPOND TO YOUR POST PLEASE DO NOT RESPONE TO MIND. I SAY WHAT I WANT AND I TRY NOT TO TAKE THE UGLY ROAD BECAUSE I CALL MYSELF A PRETTY DECENT PERSON. MY NAME IS MRS BERNITHIA ISABELL NOT HOMER PLEASE REPECT. LAST TIME I HEARD HOMER WAS ON ROOTS. NOW ABOUT BASKETBALL I AM A FAN NOT A COACH I DONT KNOW HOW THEY DO THE SCHEDULE AND REALY DONT CARE. AND IF YOU ARE NOT HUMBOLDTS COACH YOU SHOULD NOT EITHER. ALL I CARE ABOUT IS WHEN I GET MY SHEDULE AND PLAN TO ATTEND ALL THE GAMES NOT JUST THE HIGH LIGHTED GAMES ALL OF THEM. AND IF HUMBOLDT GETS BEAT I WILL STILL TALK SMACK BECAUSE I AM A FAN. AND I WOULD HOPE THAT THE OTHER TEAMS WOULDNT BE FOR US THEY SHOULD BE FOR THEIR TEAM. IF SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT THE SCHEDULE YOU SHOULD BE THE COACH. BUT YOUR NOT SO IF WE GET HURT IN THE END WE GET HURT IN THE END BUT THE END IS NOT HERE SO UNLESS YOU GOT SPECIAL POWER AND CAN SEE IN TO MARCH LET THE SCHEDULE GO BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE. MAYBE NEXT YEAR COACH WILL AND MAYBE HE WANT. TO END THIS BECAUSE I HAVE SOMETHING BETTER TO DO THEN REPOND TO HATEFUL PEOPLE. THIS DOESNOT OFFEND ME. WHAT OFFENDS ME IS WHEN A WAITRESS IS RUDE BECAUSE SHE THINKS I WANT TIP.

I would be willing to bet just about everybody on here is a good person. Maybe not as good as yourself but good nonetheless. BTW, like you said I say what I want to as well. You would have never heard a word from me if you hadn't made a snide comment to me. BTW, the last time I heard someone say HOMER was last week on sportscenter and it's used quite often in the sports community as a reference to fans like yourself. Not sure where you are trying to go with that but you no good and well what I meant when I called you a HOMER and yes that is exactly how you act. So, that won't work with me. Other than that I'm glad you had a blessed Christmas.

All right, back to the topic. Lake Co. @ Humboldt, Saturday Jan. 3rd. Will the long break effect any team? Humboldt has been on a hot streak and we hope to continue it into this Saturday. Lake Co. has been playing off in tournaments over the break, so they should still be on their game. I'm 100% sure that Coach B. has been keeping our boys at the gym every day and running scrimmages against each other to make sure they keep the game mentallity. I'm still going with Humboldt in this one.

Humboldt 89

Lake Co. 71

All right, back to the topic. Lake Co. @ Humboldt, Saturday Jan. 3rd. Will the long break effect any team? Humboldt has been on a hot streak and we hope to continue it into this Saturday. Lake Co. has been playing off in tournaments over the break, so they should still be on their game. I'm 100% sure that Coach B. has been keeping our boys at the gym every day and running scrimmages against each other to make sure they keep the game mentallity. I'm still going with Humboldt in this one.

Humboldt 89

Lake Co. 71

I think Lake Co. was able to benefit from the game being cancelled a little more than Humboldt did...Humboldt will now come into this game having not played in nearly two weeks while Lake Co will be a little more sharp having played a little more recently...Then again, you can look at it like this: Every day of practice that Humboldt has from this past Monday night until this upcoming Saturday will have been to prepare for Lake Co...We're talking about giving an extremely dangerous team a couple of weeks of practice to put all of their focus into one team...Lake Co.

You can look at it either way depending on which team you are supporting but I still think that come Saturday night, that gym will be rocking and Humboldt is going to be too athletic and too deep for Lake Co...

Humboldt 82

Lake Co 68

I think Lake Co. was able to benefit from the game being cancelled a little more than Humboldt did...Humboldt will now come into this game having not played in nearly two weeks while Lake Co will be a little more sharp having played a little more recently...Then again, you can look at it like this: Every day of practice that Humboldt has from this past Monday night until this upcoming Saturday will have been to prepare for Lake Co...We're talking about giving an extremely dangerous team a couple of weeks of practice to put all of their focus into one team...Lake Co.

You can look at it either way depending on which team you are supporting but I still think that come Saturday night, that gym will be rocking and Humboldt is going to be too athletic and too deep for Lake Co...

Humboldt 82

Lake Co 68

As far as benifitting Lake Co..only that the football players are being given time to have more games..Humboldt has had more time for their whole team to be together...As far as being too athletic and too deep..That's what about 11 more teams have thought so far..And as far as athletes..Carlos Young..Dominic Kimble..all state football players can run with anyone..And Rafael Tyler and Leron Garrett also..And MVP Russell Avery is showing that he's the real deal..Russel is showing people in the Illinois tournament that he can play..Had over 20 points at the half against Union Co and about 24 points against Trigg Co,a team supposedely that has a recruit that Clemson, among others schools are looking at..I'm not sure Humbold't fab 2 have scored over 20 points over twice this year..And before you say anything..Russel has sat out a lot also..I believe Taylor scored about 5 points against Trenton ,the game I watched but did have a pretty slam..And Humboldt should have the advantage because Avery will have to go against 3 big bodies..I'm just not buying; too talented for Lake Co..although playing at Humboldt in a packed hostile gym will have a big affect..And if Lake Co were to run the table in Illinois..not saying they will..Lake Co may lose their next 3 games..but if they do..Lake Co will be undefeated and so will Humboldt..Probably won't be able to get a seat..especially if other teams in the area aren't playing !