Lake Co @ Humboldt

Guest snakedriver

Just speaking because everyone has mentioned "Key Players". This is something that is making Humboldt a power house. THERE ARE NO KEY PLAYERS.

Key on 10 to 12 players and you got us. Key on 1 and 11 will kill you.

TAKE IT AS A WARNING.

Humboldt wil take this by more than 10pts - If LC is who they say they are. If not Humboldt will take it by 20, and eat LC's lunch. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

i agree with u a 100% cant wait till saturday will be there early the house will be packed.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read Lake county's post..He did say Humboldt's not that good..I believe he was saying that he doesn't think that Humboldt is 20 points better than Lake Co..That he doesn't think that Humboldt is that good..to win by 20 points..I don't believe he's saying Humboldt doesn't have a good team..!You never know how a supposedly great game will turn out..A few turnovers ..missing a lot of outside shots can shoot a team out of the gym..It could happen to either team..Nobody would have thought Lake Co would have come to Humbold a few years ago and get a win over Toylon Smith,Kelcey Rose and Co....much less blow them out of their own gym by close to 30 points..!So..I've learned to never ..ever really be surprised.!

The strange thing about this team, it's 50% better at least. The team you mention had key shooters, and ball hoggers, poor attitudes and bullies.

The team that we have this year is not looking for the spotlight, they are looking for the win.

This years team is by far the most tallented and versitile team to come out of humboldt in 3 decades.

WE WILL EAT LC'S LUNCH /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> AND I'LL ENJOY THE /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> AS I WATCH.

The strange thing about this team, it's 50% better at least. The team you mention had key shooters, and ball hoggers, poor attitudes and bullies.

The team that we have this year is not looking for the spotlight, they are looking for the win.

This years team is by far the most tallented and versitile team to come out of humboldt in 3 decades.

WE WILL EAT LC'S LUNCH /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> AND I'LL ENJOY THE /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> AS I WATCH.

For your sake I hope the players can back up your smack. You signed up in 2006 but only have 9 posts up to this point. Where have you been, dude? Did someone slow that bandwagon down so you could jump on. I am sure of death and taxes. I would never have that much faith in a bunch of teenagers. You sound like some Tornado fans and in case you don't realize it since you are new around these parts....that ain't no compliment. If and when Humboldt loses come back to talk to us....don't be a stranger then. May the best team win.

For your sake I hope the players can back up your smack. You signed up in 2006 but only have 9 posts up to this point. Where have you been, dude? Did someone slow that bandwagon down so you could jump on. I am sure of death and taxes. I would never have that much faith in a bunch of teenagers. You sound like some Tornado fans and in case you don't realize it since you are new around these parts....that ain't no compliment. If and when Humboldt loses come back to talk to us....don't be a stranger then. May the best team win.

Oh they can back it up, and you'll see. As far as where I've been, you're right I haven't been on the message board, haven't been as confident as I am now. The coaching has changed the players respect each other and you will be in for a heck of a ball game.

My question to you: Have you seen Humboldt Play!

This team is actually better than the UC champions from the past. This team is an awesome one. If LC wins they'll be state bound without a doubt, that's how much confidence I have in this team.

I haven't seen a team play with the power Humboldt's playing with in a long time.

Oh they can back it up, and you'll see. As far as where I've been, you're right I haven't been on the message board, haven't been as confident as I am now. The coaching has changed the players respect each other and you will be in for a heck of a ball game.

This team is actually better than the UC champions from the past. This team is an awesome one. If LC wins they'll be state bound without a doubt, that's how much confidence I have in this team.

I haven't seen a team play with the power Humboldt's playing with in a long time.

No I haven't seen Humboldt play. I will Saturday night. You seem a little more rational in this post. Maybe they will go undefeated and win it all but I doubt it but not because I don't think they are a good team but because going undefeated is extremely difficult. Time will tell.

redgold83 said....

"This team is actually better than the UC champions from the past."

I doubt that..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Idk about BeTtEr...but we could play with UC teams from the past...maybe get a win or 2...but Idk about being the better team. Bigster I might have misunderstood lakecountyfan, but I still think that we are 10+ points better. Yes, I agree that you never know what's going to happen in a game, which I've read your posts on here about how Lake Co. has had some rough nights missing layups and winning close games that shouldn't even be anywhere to a close win. Both teams will be ready for this game, especially since it is has been hyped up even more since it has been put off for 2 weeks.

redgold83 said....

"This team is actually better than the UC champions from the past."

I doubt that..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Idk about BeTtEr...but we could play with UC teams from the past...maybe get a win or 2...but Idk about being the better team. Bigster I might have misunderstood lakecountyfan, but I still think that we are 10+ points better. Yes, I agree that you never know what's going to happen in a game, which I've read your posts on here about how Lake Co. has had some rough nights missing layups and winning close games that shouldn't even be anywhere to a close win. Both teams will be ready for this game, especially since it is has been hyped up even more since it has been put off for 2 weeks.

Last year's Union City would beat this year's Humboldt team......

Would they give them a game??...Of course...Humboldt has always given UC a game...They are the only team to beat Union City with any regularity in the district....Not last year's Union City team though...They were a very special group...You know, UC has never really matched up with Humboldt's athletes anyway...There is much more to being a championship team than having athletes...There is also a big difference in a team that wins state championships and a team that wants to win one...

Humboldt fans don't need to be worrying about comparing themselves with any Union City team of the past...They got their own future to look forward to....

I've seen Humboldt play..And they are impressive...I haven't heard anyone from Lake Co saying they are what they say they are...Only Humboldt fans talking about the N.B.A. Vikings

Lake Co did have a couple games that they played terrible..But Coach was starting and playing several combinations..the football players were still adjusting..Playing better ball now ..Like I said..You never know about a big game..One team comes out flat..Could be a blowout..!I know it's going to be tough at Humboldt for several reasons..Humboldt has tremendous talent..Lake Co will be going against a packed hostile crowd..Probably be officials that Lake Co hasn't seen this year and may have done several Humboldt games already..If I'm not mistaken..Humboldt doesn't use the same officials that most of Dist.14 A..I believe they get their ..started to say own..but anyway..I believe Humboldt uses officials out of the Jackson Association that is familiar with Humboldt..So Lake Co is going to have to probably play the best game of the season..!

.TAKE IT AS A WARNING.

Humboldt wil take this by more than 10pts - If LC is who they say they are. If not Humboldt will take it by 20, and eat LC's lunch.

This isn't from anyone from Lake Co that's saying..if Lake Co is who they say they are...This was from the Trigg Co. coach..Read the small paragraph about being one of the quickest teams he's ever seen..Humboldt may win..but their players won't be any quicker..!I've seen Quan..I've seen Wade..Humboldt is very quick..but so is Lake Co

December 27, 2008

Lake County, Tenn. 103 Trigg County 78

Lake County rained threes on Trigg County and came away with a 103-78 win over Trigg County in the Farmers State Bank Marion Holiday Tournament in Marion, Ill.

It was the first time since 2000 that a Wildcat opponent dropped a Benjamin on them -- a span of 252 games dating back to a 100-41 loss to Christian County.

The Falcons (11-0) hit 10-of-23 shots from behind the arc (43%) and 41-of-76 (54%) for the game.

Trigg on the other hand shot 50-percent from the field (34-of-68) but were just 6-of-21 (28%) behind the arc.

Lake County ran out to a 31-9 first quarter lead, but Trigg battled back to outscore the Falcons 27-14 in the second quarter.

Trigg cut the lead to five points in the third quarter before Lake County heated up and outscored the Wildcats 36-17 in the fourth quarter.

"It was one of the more helpless feelings I've had as a head coach. They are the quickest team we've seen in a long time, and no matter what we tried, they knocked down their shots," Wildcat head coach Mike Wright said after the Wildcats fell to 9-3 on the season.

Jonathon King was one of four Wildcats in double figures with 19 points. The senior guard has moved into the top ten all-time scoring list with 1,389 points. He passed Scott Sivills (1,381) into ninth on the all-time list in the loss the Lake County. He needs four points to pass Mike James (1,392) and 20 points to move past Devron Wadlington (1,408) into seventh place on the all-time scoring list.

Dustin White added 18 points, and Bradley Davis scored 15. The Wildcats played without starting forward Zeke Wright who missed the game with an arm injury.

Russell Avery led Lake County with 23 points, and Carlos Young scored 20.

Trigg County will play St. Mary Monday night at 8:30pm and play two games on Tuesday.

Technorati Links ??? Email this