Nick White lost at Slamfest

RossviewFan

Hamm you are very correct on what you said about "putting in the time during the off-season!" Tyler Todd did work very hard during the off-season as did a lot of other Tennessee Wrestlers and that hard work has paid off considerable this season!

As far as Todd's match against Kennedy he was Teched not Pinned and Kennedy is one of those boys you are talking about that worked very hard during the off-season to perfect his skills. And if kids who are Freshmen or Sophomores think it is too late to get to that next tier/level before their Junior or Senior season are sadly mistaken... This is only the beginning of Tyler Todd's 3rd season as a wrestler.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "Wide Open", I hope you mean 2-6.

Yeah, and I think the gap between 1 and 2 at 189 is inching closer as well with Kennedy pinning a guy that Patton went to overtime with at 215 when Kennedy bumped up that weight a few weeks ago at Indy.

This sophmore is impressive and exciting to watch and could be the next up and coming Croy...

Patton and Kennedy have two totally different wrestling styles and I cant wait to see how Kennedy and Croy match up.......

These two will probably meet at the G.P. West Invite and I cant wait to see the outcome. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

....... and IMHO.... I'm not sure anyone will take Patton when it matters...

Give me more details of what you mean?

I believe you should read my above post at the end for your answer... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

He didn't loose, the Cookeville Coach stopped the match, and let the Rossview wrestler win, White lost his temper and instead of letting the match continue, the Coach stopped the match and gave the forfeit to Rossview. Cookeville was beating them pretty bad anyway. I think Rossview only won a match or two......Trust me, the Rossview 215 did not beat White, White was dominating him pretty bad......not even the same caliber wrestlers......

He didn't loose, the Cookeville Coach stopped the match, and let the Rossview wrestler win, White lost his temper and instead of letting the match continue, the Coach stopped the match and gave the forfeit to Rossview. Cookeville was beating them pretty bad anyway. I think Rossview only won a match or two......Trust me, the Rossview 215 did not beat White, White was dominating him pretty bad......not even the same caliber wrestlers......

I don't know if you watched this match, but Rossview's 215 was winning 8-2 when the match was called, with about a minute left in the 3rd period. 4 of his points came from penalty points, but the other 4 were earned points. True, anything could have happened in that minute, but more than likely, White would've gotten himself disqualified with a THIRD headbutt.

Todd may not be the same calibur wrestler, but he is working hard.

I don't know if you watched this match, but Rossview's 215 was winning 8-2 when the match was called, with about a minute left in the 3rd period. 4 of his points came from penalty points, but the other 4 were earned points. True, anything could have happened in that minute, but more than likely, White would've gotten himself disqualified with a THIRD headbutt.

Todd may not be the same calibur wrestler, but he is working hard.

I wasn't there and have only the above info to go on but is sure looks like " Todd " is the same calibur wrestler as White if he scored 4 offensive points while only giving up 2. For an opponent to be penalized 4 points means he must have been pretty frustrated.

I am the Coach for the Rossview team and I was there at the match... I am not going to take anything away from Nick White because it was the first time I have seen him wrestle and I am sure he worked very hard to get to the level of talent he is at but Todd was beating him on actual points 4-2 when Nick got hit with a penalty for a crossface that was more a punch (1 points for Todd 5-2), then Nick headbutted Todd (1 point 6-2) and then with a minutes left Nick headbutted Todd again (2 points 8-2) and Nick must have gotten frustrated because this is what the Cookeville coach told me. The Coach did stop the match but only after as he said, "When Nick gets frustrated anything could happen and he did not want my wrestler to get hurt because of it!"

Granted Tyler Todd is young but he has been working hard during his offseason period and to take anything away from his is just plain wrong! If you feel Todd is not the Caliber that White is then that is your opinion but the score did not lie 4-2 (before the penalties)!

Now for MHCoach's comment about my team getting man-handled against Cookeville he is right... we did! But we are a team of 1st and 2nd year wrestlers with only one Senior (we were suppose to have 5 other senior come out this season but I kicked a couple of them off the team because they did not want to work at practice and the others lives went in a different directions from wrestling)! I am very happy with the way my team wrestled against Cookeville and for that matter all day Saturday against some of the better teams in the State! The future here at Rossview is only looking brighter after each matches that these 1st and 2nd year wrestlers get...

Having watched Croy and Kennedy for many many years and having seen Berry wrestle Kennedy the gap is still WIDE.

Kennedy is a wonderful wrestler but he is not in the same class as Croy. If Berry had any wind in the Blackman due he would of kept the lead he had and won the match.

No one in this state can stay with Croy he is huge and cutting from 220 in football down to 189...

I am the Coach for the Rossview team and I was there at the match... I am not going to take anything away from Nick White because it was the first time I have seen him wrestle and I am sure he worked very hard to get to the level of talent he is at but Todd was beating him on actual points 4-2 when Nick got hit with a penalty for a crossface that was more a punch (1 points for Todd 5-2), then Nick headbutted Todd (1 point 6-2) and then with a minutes left Nick headbutted Todd again (2 points 8-2) and Nick must have gotten frustrated because this is what the Cookeville coach told me. The Coach did stop the match but only after as he said, "When Nick gets frustrated anything could happen and he did not want my wrestler to get hurt because of it!"

Granted Tyler Todd is young but he has been working hard during his offseason period and to take anything away from his is just plain wrong! If you feel Todd is not the Caliber that White is then that is your opinion but the score did not lie 4-2 (before the penalties)!

Now for MHCoach's comment about my team getting man-handled against Cookeville he is right... we did! But we are a team of 1st and 2nd year wrestlers with only one Senior (we were suppose to have 5 other senior come out this season but I kicked a couple of them off the team because they did not want to work at practice and the others lives went in a different directions from wrestling)! I am very happy with the way my team wrestled against Cookeville and for that matter all day Saturday against some of the better teams in the State! The future here at Rossview is only looking brighter after each matches that these 1st and 2nd year wrestlers get...

Cookeville had 1 senior wrestling on Saturday. And yes I was there, and I can tell you that on a different day, White would have pinned Todd. Not sure what was up with White Saturday, but he wasn't his usual self. I don't take anything away from Todd, he did wrestle good. Lets just hope they meet again......No excuses for White, but if they meet again, there will be a different outcome.

Cox ,I too have seen Kennedy wrestle Berry and the one time they wrestled, Kennedy pinned him quite easily. Berry gave Patton a good match but Patton was cheated out of 3 takedowns which were called out of bounds. Patton is also working himself into wrestling condition after a tough football season so conditioning worked against both wrestlers. I also got to see Kennedy wrestle Croy this summer and the gap is closing.These two not only are a couple of the best wrestlers in Tennessee but in the nation if you look how they have done in National Tournaments. I'm not Bray or Hamm but if I did the rankings Kennedy would be #1 at 189 and Croy would be #1 at 215 and Patton #2 at 215 alot of the weights of ranked kids are wrong I could name several ranked or on watch lists that aren't even certified for the weight they are listed. They both do a good job but don't bet matchs based on their rankings.

Cookeville had 1 senior wrestling on Saturday. And yes I was there, and I can tell you that on a different day, White would have pinned Todd. Not sure what was up with White Saturday, but he wasn't his usual self. I don't take anything away from Todd, he did wrestle good. Lets just hope they meet again......No excuses for White, but if they meet again, there will be a different outcome.

I thought would add nick had just enough practices to get started and has wrestle now his 4th year as for the rest of the team both salada brothers one broken are john they are 171 and 189 forcing the whole line beginning with joe proctor, ethan, and on down, with those four not in the correct spots makes a very different dual meet team, but kids are doing what need for the time right now