Stanton Stevens resigns Today from Oak Ridge

tornadofever1

I look in here to see discussions about a new coaching search & all i see is trash talking. It is a waste of space, I would like some serious discussion. Is Ron Grey the next head man? What are some names floating around for potential candidates?

Why don't you look in the "New Coach" thread if you want that info.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catback....you were really easy. Actually so easy that it was boring. I could care less about you and Oak Ridge. Was my post ignorant.....not to the many Anderson County and Clinton fans that have lost players to the Ridgers in the past.

brokeback...I mean catback mountain used to be an Oliver Springs fan till he/she got into making movies.

I think it's funny to see a Maryville fan poking at OR about a player or players deciding to pay tuition to go to school at a school outside their district. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! The two brothers you're referring to (if I understand your thinly veiled comments) grew up in Powell but their family (wisely) decided and were able to send them to Oak Ridge. Both were outstanding players and quality young men. The older brother played with more heart than any kid I've seen in my 28 years of watching OR football, every play of every game.

Both Maryville and Oak Ridge allow kids to attend the school and play ball that live outside of their district if they pay tuition. When I checked a few years ago, it was in the neighborhood of $5000. This does not violate TSSAA rules. Like Oak Ridge, the vast majority of the players for Maryville are Maryville kids. Just MHO, if I were a Maryville fan, I wouldn't want to compare open zone school rosters.

Turtle,

Do yourself a favor. DO NOT ask the Central coaches if Stanton will be the next Central coach. You will get laughed right out of the complex. If you are friends with any of the Central coaches, you should already know that Jeff McMillan will be the next Central coach, unless he doesn't want it anymore. He has been in line to be Helton's successor for years. That's a no brainer.