New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

My kids played for OR and I think I might know a little about it!!!! Who cares who you want or I want, it makes no difference! The decision will be made just like always and OR will have a new head coach. Will everybody like that person, heck no! Just get your facts right before you call someone out, i'm sure they are a little foggy! Good luck to you!

I played At OR & have kept up with this program since birth. I know a lot about it. My facts are straight. If I said you wanted Gaddis back & that is not true, then we agree.

Are we saying that The Coach went up to random players & asked them for a letter?

I have a hard time believing that.

Or did he have a relationship with the player or student & they came to him asking how he could support him & then he asked?

Either way, I would not have done it. ...

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will support whomever is hired. My problem with you and your friends is that you are all alike. Your loyalty is blind, and you ALWAYS resort to attacking someone else when you read something on here that is not in agreement that your candidate is the best choice. One more time, I will say that a man needs to get this job on his own merits, and there is no place for the candidate, or his friends, to bash anyone else, in an effort to get the job. In that regard, the three of you are alike. And I will say one more time, that no candidate for this job should enlist the support of current players on the team. That is a common practice for one candidate, and it is ridiculous, and should not be tolerated by the administration of his school. In addition, the candidate to whom I refer, should not bash anyone to the current players on the team. That is also a common practice for one candidate, and should also be disallowed by the administration of his school. I don't know who you are, and I do not care. But I know who you are NOT...we both know that...you are NOT John Clark, and it is wrong for you to say that you are. I happen to know him quite well. It is an injustice to him, for you to get on here and say that you are he.

Hey, just so you know, John Clark is a very common name. you may know a John Clark but it is not me, I am not the one you are thinking about. I am a few years younger. So don't tell him who I am.

You seem to be a very angry man sir.

And you, sir, seem to be so blindly loyal, that you are out of touch with reality.

Hey, just so you know, John Clark is a very common name. you may know a John Clark but it is not me, I am not the one you are thinking about. I am a few years younger. So don't tell him who I am.

Thank you for clearing that up.

I played At OR & have kept up with this program since birth. I know a lot about it. My facts are straight. If I said you wanted Gaddis back & that is not true, then we agree.

Are we saying that The Coach went up to random players & asked them for a letter?

I have a hard time believing that.

Or did he have a relationship with the player or student & they came to him asking how he could support him & then he asked?

Either way, I would not have done it. ...

If you are saying that there is no way that you would ask a player to write a letter for you, then we are in rare agreememt.

BladeRunner has a Man Crush on Gray. Anyone who criticizes him can expect a quick response in defense. Let's try an experiment.

Bladerunner, I heard a rumor that Gray has NEVER made a mistake. In fact, I heard he walks on water. What is your response?

The reality is it is a SAD day for Oak Ridge if he is the best of the candidates. He has NO head coaching experience, has shown NO loyalty to the program since 2004, and has been the topic of several "rumors" from several sources that include him doing several disloyal things against Lussier, Stevens, and Oak Ridge football in general. The Sad part is he may be the best candidate left because the AD is his buddy. Can he coach? We'll see.

TC thinks he can coach because he coached in a time of record breakers. The reality in high school coaching is that a stud player like Gulmire or Booker make plays on their own often. Are you really a genius because you give them the ball? How many people (and high school coaches) for that matter would have said, "I am not going to give the ball to Gulmire or Booker?" Let the records being broken give credit to the players, not the coaches. Is Tony Dungy a great coach because Peyton Manning holds several NFL records? Is Urban Meyer a great coach because Tim Tebow won the Heisman?

BladeRunner has a Man Crush on Gray. Anyone who criticizes him can expect a quick response in defense. Let's try an experiment.

Bladerunner, I heard a rumor that Gray has NEVER made a mistake. In fact, I heard he walks on water. What is your response?

The reality is it is a SAD day for Oak Ridge if he is the best of the candidates. He has NO head coaching experience, has shown NO loyalty to the program since 2004, and has been the topic of several "rumors" from several sources that include him doing several disloyal things against Lussier, Stevens, and Oak Ridge football in general. The Sad part is he may be the best candidate left because the AD is his buddy. Can he coach? We'll see.

TC thinks he can coach because he coached in a time of record breakers. The reality in high school coaching is that a stud player like Gulmire or Booker make plays on their own often. Are you really a genius because you give them the ball? How many people (and high school coaches) for that matter would have said, "I am not going to give the ball to Gulmire or Booker?" Let the records being broken give credit to the players, not the coaches. Is Tony Dungy a great coach because Peyton Manning holds several NFL records? Is Urban Meyer a great coach because Tim Tebow won the Heisman?

Another voice of reason. Let me make a case FOR giving this job to a candidate who has never been a head coach. The only reason that I can come up with is that it would put him in a position where he would no longer try to undermine the head coach. That would be a positive for sure. The negative would be that undermining the head coach is what he does best, so you are taking away his strength. This is a real dilemma. The AD will have to consider the pros and cons of such a move.

Who on here said Catholic went out of state to get pemberton, 99% sure he is from Rockwood. & who on here said they run the bone, 100% sure they run the Wing T. I hope the cats make a good hire & get it turned around.

Mark is from rockwood but he was coaching at Lake View in Georgia. He was about to move there when he got the call from catholic

I see you left out one big FACT, Ron Grey may have done all the above, but one fact for sure is that he coached at Catholic this year State Champs. and there is always two sides to every story so before you go and post the negative issues there are some good ones as well. Ron Grey had numerous past football players that he coached at all the above mentioned schools that made the trip to the boro to support him and his quest to be a part of a state team, so all must not be as bad as you say.

Ron Gray did nothing but stir up trouble and rumors last year at Catholic

I guess you are right, Coaches don't have much to do with football, yeah that makes sense. I am not used to hearing someone slam Tony Dungy- but OK, I guess Tebow does not need Myer, I guess the players could just show up & play & do just as well.

So your opinion is that it really does not matter who coaches the team then.

I never said that Ron Gray was the guy I wanted to be the Coach, but I was never one to let a bully make a comment with out an explanation either. I have the explanation now. From a HS kid & they went ot the Princ. it"s over & done with.

Ron Gray did nothing but stir up trouble and rumors last year at Catholic

You go to Catholic? great job this year, I went to a couple of games & I was very impressed. I hope you all can keep it up. I think you all have a great head coach.

Does Harrison Smith come back in at all?

I have watched him At ND .He is a great player.. ..