New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

Let's face, you don't like anything I have to say, and I don't care. I thought I was pretty clear. I said we should have a community member (let's say from the Boys Club). We should also have someone from the football boosters. We should have a faculty member (it doesn't matter who). We should have a coach from another sport (we have that, but it's the wrong time of the year for him). What about that don't you understand? I am telling you what I would like to see on the committee. I don't need to read your book, in order to know what I would like to see on the committee. My advice to you, is to read the book again, so YOU will understand it.

Testy... The Boys club? Like who?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Testy... The Boys club? Like who?

LH has always been good enough in the past. I am sure he is still up to it. He has always been interested in our program. I may be a little testy, but you are not the source of it. I want what is best for our program. I am concerned about rumors of people turning us down. It happened four years ago, and apparently it's happening again. The last few years have made me sick. This administration doesn't seem to have it in them to get this right. Our coaching staff is NOTHING like it once was. Football seems to be no big deal to kids in town like it used to be. It is even less important to our administration. Football used to be THE source of pride here, but now the apathy that surrounds it is alarming.

LH has always been good enough in the past. I am sure he is still up to it. He has always been interested in our program. I may be a little testy, but you are not the source of it. I want what is best for our program. I am concerned about rumors of people turning us down. It happened four years ago, and apparently it's happening again. The last few years have made me sick. This administration doesn't seem to have it in them to get this right. Our coaching staff is NOTHING like it once was. Football seems to be no big deal to kids in town like it used to be. It is even less important to our administration. Football used to be THE source of pride here, but now the apathy that surrounds it is alarming.

I thought you were going to say DC, then I was going to get testy.

I thought you were going to say DC, then I was going to get testy.

I was thinking the same thing!! That would have been a joke honestly!!

The problem is finding someone who has Oak Ridge Football's best interest at heart and not their own agenda. An uppity faculty member would put a ton of emphasis on how they would treat academics (not to say that's a bad thing but that's not everything), a prominent booster would be out to find someone who could change OR football to whatever his vision is, etc.

I think another head coach, one that wasn't in season right now, would be good to have simply because they would be able to focus on the job and really be able to judge the character of the candidate. I think an experienced former coach with strong ties to the community (like DD) would be good. I think a current coach in the community who knows football would be able to gauge the football intelligence (like KG). Plus the AD and I would include Ken Greene and not Bailey. I think Greene is a lot more in tune with what's happening now than Bailey. I would also include the booster president because they have to be able to effectively work with the HC.

Hey Guys if you want to talk about someone just spell his name out. That is unless you just can't spell his name. I guess what I'm saying is quit beating around the bush. Either write it out or leave it out. What are you afraid of? you're hiding behind a "screen name" anyway! Some of us poor old guys would like to know what your trying to say. The initials ain't getting it done or maybe it is!!

I do apologize for the way my message sounds. I am sure he is a good coach, I want someone who has won BIG. I don't thi9nk we are to the point where we must go to Campbell County to hire a football coach. Thanks for your support, but like many others, I am not interested in the job.

RALLY KAT the Cougar Nation accepts your apology, I have ALWAYS respected the Wildcat sports programs, O.R. is FIRST CLASS from the fans, administration, to the players. You can checkup on C.C. sports two websites: www.campbellcountysports.com . Good Luck !! in your coaching search......

I was thinking the same thing!! That would have been a joke honestly!!

The problem is finding someone who has Oak Ridge Football's best interest at heart and not their own agenda. An uppity faculty member would put a ton of emphasis on how they would treat academics (not to say that's a bad thing but that's not everything), a prominent booster would be out to find someone who could change OR football to whatever his vision is, etc.

I think another head coach, one that wasn't in season right now, would be good to have simply because they would be able to focus on the job and really be able to judge the character of the candidate. I think an experienced former coach with strong ties to the community (like DD) would be good. I think a current coach in the community who knows football would be able to gauge the football intelligence (like KG). Plus the AD and I would include Ken Greene and not Bailey. I think Greene is a lot more in tune with what's happening now than Bailey. I would also include the booster president because they have to be able to effectively work with the HC.

I would not put KG (sorry bounder) on a search committee for any coach. He cares NOTHING at all about athletics, and knows even less about athletics than he cares. TB, on the other hand, is a former coach. He would be fine.

RALLY KAT the Cougar Nation accepts your apology, I have ALWAYS respected the Wildcat sports programs, O.R. is FIRST CLASS from the fans, administration, to the players. You can checkup on C.C. sports two websites: www.campbellcountysports.com . Good Luck !! in your coaching search......

Thanks. I am impressed with the way your program has turned around.

Hey Guys if you want to talk about someone just spell his name out. That is unless you just can't spell his name. I guess what I'm saying is quit beating around the bush. Either write it out or leave it out. What are you afraid of? you're hiding behind a "screen name" anyway! Some of us poor old guys would like to know what your trying to say. The initials ain't getting it done or maybe it is!!

He played QB at OR- early 80's- his brother played QB late 80s early 90s.