Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

Okay, just to refute some of your assertions. First of all no RHS supporters paid for the uniforms. The facilitities that the previous two staffs left Mac and his staff were deplorable. It is time for all Oakland supporters to admit that Euverard left after he was losing to RHS consistently, and that Ferguson's days were over. Get behind Mac and his staff and enjoy the ride. If you ever get tired of him, we will take him today.

Yes, a brand new indoor facility that mc inherited and did no fund-raising for is definitely deplorable isn't it?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, just to refute some of your assertions. First of all no RHS supporters paid for the uniforms. The facilitities that the previous two staffs left Mac and his staff were deplorable. It is time for all Oakland supporters to admit that Euverard left after he was losing to RHS consistently, and that Ferguson's days were over. Get behind Mac and his staff and enjoy the ride. If you ever get tired of him, we will take him today.

seems like someone has gotten into some high octane "BLUE" koolaid... /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

facilitities deplorable... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

At the time of Siegel's opening, we were a program in decline. At the time of Eagleville and Blackman starting their programs, Riverdale was still a power and continued to be one for the time being afterwards. Your comparing apples and oranges.

Riverdale was always a power house number one because RHS had excellent coaching! Discipline, hard work, respect, and the boys were always held accountable! One A RHS had players who worked hard and believed in what the coaches were teaching them. Hunger to win and what it took to win not only in the season but year round! I have not seen this type of program since. Oakland folks enjoy what you have because you have coaches who have set the bar where it was a RHS. I want to say also Coach A is a class act and has had a hard act to follow. One 5-5 year does not make him a bad coach or bad person. As I recall Coach A was not on the field fumbling the games away, players have to execute. The team as a whole this past year was inconsistant and in this region you cannot play that way and win all the time. Warriors work hard this off season! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> This is just part of my humble opinion. GO WARRIORS! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

WarHawks.....you have the right attitude, and always have. You have supported Riverdale no matter what.

Enjoy the past, but support the present.

I am trying my best to do the same.

Am wondering if Coach A does get the Ravenwood job, how many of Oakland's coaches might race back to 804 Warrior Dr. I think Kris White deserves his shot at HC somewhere and it might as well be at his alma mater.

You are right no riverdale supporters paid for unis.....they would be called former riverdale supporters.. and yes the donated pretty nicely!!! and if you call that indoor facility deplorable...then yes you are correct.

Go Coach Mac 2p, and OP can back me on this...I've been on board since day one with him!!!!

seems like someone has gotten into some high octane "BLUE" koolaid... /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

facilitities deplorable... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am sure sir that you understand that facillities are more than an indoor practice facility. Things such as adequate practice fields, lockerroom and weightroom being a few.

WarHawks.....you have the right attitude, and always have. You have supported Riverdale no matter what.

Am wondering if Coach A does get the Ravenwood job, how many of Oakland's coaches might race back to 804 Warrior Dr. I think Kris White deserves his shot at HC somewhere and it might as well be at his alma mater.

Now this is something that I agree with you on.

I am sure sir that you understand that facillities are more than an indoor practice facility. Things such as adequate practice fields, lockerroom and weightroom being a few.

Maybe according to Riverdale standards, they were so-called Deplorable.....but by any other school's standards....they were MORE than adequate. Oakland didn't quite have the available funds to use that Riverdale did.

Having never been in Riverdale's locker rooms or coach's offices, I don't know by what standard you are used to. I have been on Riverdale's practice fields and in their stadium, and truthfully don't think there was much difference in their facilities and ours. I do know that Mc was obsessed to redecorate the coach's office right away and a lot of folk wondered why that was more important at that time than meeting your team. Of course, all of this is a moot point now. When you win the state, all is suddenly forgiven. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Thanks 2p and I agree Kris White and I think there are a few other former coaches that would be very deserving of a shot at HC if Coach A goes to Ravenwood. GO WARRIORS and GO PATRIOTS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Riverdale was always a power house number one because RHS had excellent coaching! Discipline, hard work, respect, and the boys were always held accountable! One A RHS had players who worked hard and believed in what the coaches were teaching them. Hunger to win and what it took to win not only in the season but year round! I have not seen this type of program since. Oakland folks enjoy what you have because you have coaches who have set the bar where it was a RHS. I want to say also Coach A is a class act and has had a hard act to follow. One 5-5 year does not make him a bad coach or bad person. As I recall Coach A was not on the field fumbling the games away, players have to execute. The team as a whole this past year was inconsistant and in this region you cannot play that way and win all the time. Warriors work hard this off season! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> This is just part of my humble opinion. GO WARRIORS! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

good post from a loyal fan.

Maybe according to Riverdale standards, they were so-called Deplorable.....but by any other school's standards....they were MORE than adequate. Oakland didn't quite have the available funds to use that Riverdale did.

Having never been in Riverdale's locker rooms or coach's offices, I don't know by what standard you are used to. I have been on Riverdale's practice fields and in their stadium, and truthfully don't think there was much difference in their facilities and ours. I do know that Mc was obsessed to redecorate the coach's office right away and a lot of folk wondered why that was more important at that time than meeting your team. Of course, all of this is a moot point now. When you win the state, all is suddenly forgiven. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

It might be the fact that the place was an absolute pig stye! Not having money does not preclude one from being clean. Former Oakland coaches did not do anything to take care of what little they had.

2P, the 'coaches offices' in the weight room at R'dale are nothing more than glorified closets. In fact I have seen BIGGER and NICER closets in a mobile home!

I have seen BOTH weight rooms and R'dales is larger and has more weights and machines. Don't know where the money came from but I would 'guess' the boosters paid for it.

As to the indoor facility is the football team still being charged to use it like the other teams that use it?

Bigger question was RANKIN charged to use it?

As to the practice field, R'dales is nicer but that is only because of the hard work put into it by Coach Britton.

Coach White is a class person and he really cares about the kids and is a very good coach. I could live with him 'if' he became the HC at R'dale. Unfortunately I do NOT see it happening though. Especially with the situation at Ravenwood and an administration that does not know how to make some kind of decision.