Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime you play a Coach Thompson team you had better be ready for a war. Especially at the 'PIT'!

I am still trying to figure out why LC fell off for a while as they have NO in county school to compete for athletes.

Having said that the Pit is still one of my all time favorite places to visit for a game. Oak Ridge is the other. Great friendly fans and they feed real good to! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

but i think Lincoln County will be back to form within the next couple of years because our 9th grade team has been undefeated for the past 2 years so the athletes that were on the first undefeated team our now juniors and the other athletes our sophmores. So i think its going to be good to be a falcon for the next couple of years

not to slam the pit, because it is a great place and LC has a great tradition, but a few years ago, back in the mid 90's, I went with an old buddy of mine to watch Stratford play there, both regular season and playoffs. The way you have to walk in exposes the players to some fan abuse. Some some "fans" spit on the stratford players and use racial slurs. I know it was only a few bad apples, but it has always stuck in my mind. LC won state that year. Had an outstanding qb.

not to slam the pit, because it is a great place and LC has a great tradition, but a few years ago, back in the mid 90's, I went with an old buddy of mine to watch Stratford play there, both regular season and playoffs. The way you have to walk in exposes the players to some fan abuse. Some some "fans" spit on the stratford players and use racial slurs. I know it was only a few bad apples, but it has always stuck in my mind. LC won state that year. Had an outstanding qb.

You are going to find people like this no matter where you go. Unless it is in Metro, in which case you are dodging bullets.

You are going to find people like this no matter where you go. Unless it is in Metro, in which case you are dodging bullets.

agreed... actually happened at a game I was watching in East Nashville, back in about 93 or so. Big rivalary game...some of the wrong rivals showed up in the stands.