Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we was talking about this at the baseball field yesterday and i am getting more and more excited for this. After thinking about it and think of all the former great players I really feel for those that has to narrow the first class at 3... I wish i was around to see Roper and Harrison play...A player i havent seen anyone mention yet is Alvin Duke and that team had fernando antrone peebles Big david Coppeans Corey Carney and thats off the top of my head what an Honor it would be to be on that committee and help make that decsion i hope whoever is on it takes it very serious and looks into each of the players (i dont think I will be one of the ones nominated LOL)

While the Hall of Fame is way overdue, I find the FUTURE more interesting upon hearing R'dale was in TWO passing tourneys and doing well in both of them.

Are we going to see a real passing attack this year to go along with our regular rushing attack? If so it will be nice to NOT see opposing teams loading the box against us every play.

While the Hall of Fame is way overdue, I find the FUTURE more interesting upon hearing R'dale was in TWO passing tourneys and doing well in both of them.

Are we going to see a real passing attack this year to go along with our regular rushing attack? If so it will be nice to NOT see opposing teams loading the box against us every play.

I think Coach A. said in the DNJ, that passing tournaments wer a chance to work the secondary. Looks like same o same o for the WARRIORS.

I think Coach A. said in the DNJ, that passing tournaments wer a chance to work the secondary. Looks like same o same o for the WARRIORS.

If the secondary is improved it won't be same ole, same ole. Didn't Riverdale lead the region in offensive production last year? The defense was beyond poor last year but will be much improved this fall. Every bit of work they get will help them get there.

That said, I think you will see Riverdale throw the ball more this year and there will be more high percentage throws. They have a QB that can throw out of play-action and they have a couple really nice receivers. They will still be a running team but I would look for 8-10 passes a game.

Yes I believe they will throw.Don't think they will put it up a lot, and I'm not real worried about that, because Oakland did just fine throwing the ball, but was primarily a running attack first.I still firmly believe you run the ball effectively, then play great defense to win state championships in 5a(sorry 6a).

I saw Riverdale in both of their scrimmages. They threw the ball in both and threw it effectively. They have a QB with a nice touch on the ball and athletic receivers who can haul it in. I expect if any defense this year discounts that fact, that they will get burned. Oakland will respect the passing game, no doubt.

If the secondary is improved it won't be same ole, same ole. Didn't Riverdale lead the region in offensive production last year? The defense was beyond poor last year but will be much improved this fall. Every bit of work they get will help them get there.

That said, I think you will see Riverdale throw the ball more this year and there will be more high percentage throws. They have a QB that can throw out of play-action and they have a couple really nice receivers. They will still be a running team but I would look for 8-10 passes a game.

I agree...i think they may throw as much as 13 passes a game...depends on how the game is going. They have a couple of new patterns that should work very well.

Coppins? I say Bryant, Locke, Duke and Rankin.

While they ALL will probably be in there eventually, I 'think' only three a year are going in it.

One running back everyone is leaving off had one of the highest totals of all the RB's listed for one year is Gaston Miller. He CERTAINLY had the BEST GRADES of ALL of them.