Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

Im a little disappointed i thought they was going to wait til the banquet to announce the hall of fame but i saw an aritcle on DNJ about it and I like who they selected John Jones hit me harder than i ever got hit! One day during practice i was playing defensive end on the scout team and he was pulling down the line as I come across he is right there LOL PLOWS me over and goes to the next guy LOL I JUMPED UP BUT my BELL was ringing LOL

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DR Johns is a very good man. He helped me with my ankles and knees and REALLY helped my sister with her broken back that the Drs at the ER said nothing was wrong and sent her home....Dr Johns took care of that real quick LOL and he is a tremendous asset to the program and the way he has taken care of the athletes for a LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time.

Mr Watson was my principal when I went to RIVERDALE. He is a proud RIVERDALE WARRIOR and did a good job of spreading that through the school and Mr Nolan has done a great job continuing that tradition. Because RIVERDALE HAS THE GREATEST STUDENT BODY AND FACULTY IN THE STATE OF TN.

I'm going to the scrimage at mba Friday riverdaleman.I will report back with what I saw.I am looking for much more offense this time around, than we had in the spring scrimmages.I was however, really impressed with the defense this past spring.I think a lot of people are really going to like the overall schemes Coach Wells is going to use this year. :roflolk:

Dr Johns has done a tremendious amount of good for ALL the atheletes he has treated over the years no matter what school they were from! He has done alot of good for those of us who have gone to him with injuries that were NOT sports related.

Man knows and understands what I call 'Parachute Knees'! :D

I'm going to the scrimage at mba Friday riverdaleman.I will report back with what I saw.I am looking for much more offense this time around, than we had in the spring scrimmages.I was however, really impressed with the defense this past spring.I think a lot of people are really going to like the overall schemes Coach Wells is going to use this year. :D

I was impressed with how well the defense played in the spring scrimmages as well. The pass defense was much better but I did think we needed to be tougher up front. Got the feeling that if either Gallatin or Franklin had committed to the run we would have struggled a bit more. I'll be watching that at the scrimmages to see how far we have come.

It's footbal time....

Coppins? I say Bryant, Locke, Duke and Rankin.

David Coppeans was a big lineman on that 94 team that went to play at vandy...I also think that at least 1 or 2 of the lineman from the 07 team will get in.

As far as the first 3 i am not so sure that they wont go old school I would love for someone who saw Ricky ROper play on here...when i played at RIVERDALE his number was the only number retired (5)

David Coppeans was a 2 way starter on the 93 state runner up team and the 94 team that won the Warrior's first state championship. He turned down offers from Tennessee and Alabama among others to go to Vanderbilt where he started some games as a true freshman, lettered and started all 4 years, made Academic All SEC twice, graduated in four years, and has, I heard, since gotten an MBA from Vanderbilt. I was at the 94 Clinic Bowl and while everybody remembers Alvin Duke's spectacular run as the play the won the game, it might not have mattered if Coppeans hadn't led an amazing goal line stand right before that that ended with a 4th and 1 effort by Germantown where Coppeans tackled the runner in the backfield on about the 4 yard line. Also, after Duke's run, Germantown drove into Riverdale territory and Coppeans deflected a pass that Corey Carney intercepted. The Warriors then ran out the clock by running about 7 straight plays behind Coppeans and making two first downs. He led the the Warrior O Line and D Line like that all season. He definitely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, in my opinion.

Coppins? I say Bryant, Locke, Duke and Rankin.

David Coppeans was a big lineman on that 94 team that went to play at vandy...I also think that at least 1 or 2 of the lineman from the 07 team will get in.

As far as the first 3 i am not so sure that they wont go old school I would love for someone who saw Ricky ROper play on here...when i played at RIVERDALE his number was the only number retired (5)

David Coppeans was a 2 way starter on the 93 state runner up team and the 94 team that won the Warrior's first state championship. He turned down offers from Tennessee and Alabama among others to go to Vanderbilt where he started some games as a true freshman, lettered and started all 4 years, made Academic All SEC twice, graduated in four years, and has, I heard, since gotten an MBA from Vanderbilt. I was at the 94 Clinic Bowl and while everybody remembers Alvin Duke's spectacular run as the play the won the game, it might not have mattered if Coppeans hadn't led an amazing goal line stand right before that that ended with a 4th and 1 effort by Germantown where Coppeans tackled the runner in the backfield on about the 4 yard line. Also, after Duke's run, Germantown drove into Riverdale territory and Coppeans deflected a pass that Corey Carney intercepted. The Warriors then ran out the clock by running about 7 straight plays behind Coppeans and making two first downs. He led the the Warrior O Line and D Line like that all season. He definitely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, in my opinion.

Did Dukes big run against germantown come on Coppeans side in which he blew someone up

Good scrimmage today at MBA. I had the score, overall 37-27 Riverdale. I had the first team 21-10 Riverdale.

Both teams showed promise on offense with Riverdale showing some good balance and, believe it or not, unpredictability. MBA looked best when executing their short passing game.

The defense on both sides has a long way to go, but it is just the first scrimmage. The Riverdale defense just has to get much more aggressive and intense.

Riverdale has a lot of injured players walking the sideline. Hope they can get more healthy in the next few weeks.

MBA has a really good looking kicker. He nailed everything including a field goal over 50 yards.

Riverdale hit a field goal. I don't even remember the Warriors attempting a field goal last year.

Good start Warriors!!

Yes tdcman, defensively we need more work, but I was really pleased with aggressiveness and overall intensity.It being the first action this season, I am sure it will get better.How did you like that hit late in the scrimmage?I think we have really good speed this year at both tailback positions, and at fullback as well.Better than last year for sure.As for the injured players, they will be ready some of them in a week or so I was told.