Jaques Smith rated 5star on Scout 2010

ImaOWL

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CLK was at Ooltewah today to speak to Jacques and the coaching staff. He is hearing from and getting film requests from schools in the ACC, Big 12, Pac-10, and SEC (that's just from what I have seen from my visits to Coach Monroe's office)

yeah coach Kiffin was there today. Not the great news for Coach Kiffen cause Jaques was at Georgia watching BOWL practice I heard. GA, ALABAMA AND TN ALL THINK HE IS five star. GA wants him BAD.

No offense to Jacques or Ooltewah, as they both very good, but to me he isnt a five-star. Certainly well regarded, but not on that pedestal. I think he could flourish at the right place, maybe somewhere that uses him as a hybrid

OP...you might ought to back off of this opinion...although everyone has a right to one for sure...this guy is the real deal...i've seen him up close and personal and friends of mine who coach at big time schools love him...

OP...you might ought to back off of this opinion...although everyone has a right to one for sure...this guy is the real deal...i've seen him up close and personal and friends of mine who coach at big time schools love him...

the only flaw i saw in his game was he always speed rushed to the outside. against oakland he ran himself out of more plays than he made. don't know if that was the defensive scheme or just what he did. with good coaching he can play in the SEC. will be a great pass rusher. probably at outside linebacker

yeah coach Kiffin was there today. Not the great news for Coach Kiffen cause Jaques was at Georgia watching BOWL practice I heard. GA, ALABAMA AND TN ALL THINK HE IS five star. GA wants him BAD.

Like I stated in another thread, COach Kiffin is assembling an NFL staff at UT. His father, Monte, is regarded as the BEST D-Coordinator in all of Football (currently with Tampa Bay Bucs). He will know how to coach these guys to get them to the NFL. I hope Jaques will strongly consider this when making his decision.

• 2 months later...

Like I stated in another thread, COach Kiffin is assembling an NFL staff at UT. His father, Monte, is regarded as the BEST D-Coordinator in all of Football (currently with Tampa Bay Bucs). He will know how to coach these guys to get them to the NFL. I hope Jaques will strongly consider this when making his decision.

Look guys he is a great high school football player for the Chattanooga area. He still has alot of work to do. He will dominate next season, if he does not get complacint. Now that he has commited to UT the job is not over. That offer can be pulled as fast as it was given. He is a Hybrid defensive player, DE or LB 6-1 225.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that rivals has him listed second in the state behind OL James Stone from Maplewood who is ranked 36 in the country. I believe they played against each other the last two years. How did this battle turn out? I think the owls won and then the panthers won last year. These guys probably went against each other. Who performed better? Who is the better prospect for the next level?