Potential McCallie Match-Ups

whatyousaid

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid at 165 for Missouri isn't too bad either.

Marable is a stud. No question about it. It makes me mad as heck that DI kids can't perform on the college level like the boys in DII. I just want to know why this is. My son has worked his tail off to be good. Yet, he struggles to place in the big tournaments.

Maybe we should start a thread that discusses the ways to train a kid to take the next step and be successful in college wrestling. Any ideas. I need to know.

Though I do not know what this has to do with this thread, you seem to be struggling with a little revisionist history on your first point. As you might recall, we were one division. That changed when what is now D1 chose to tell what is now DII that we think we will change the rules. If you want to play with us you have to change how you operate your schools. The DII schools chose not to change.

MTNrasslin- It is off topic but it was in response to CBG's post that was struggling a lot more than mine...TSSAA just so happend to agree with the view point of DI by making it a level playing field the best possible way by giving everyone an option of going DI or DII.........

and i believe if it was in the budget for every public school to be able to compete financially at that level they would..So DI change is out of the question, but if there is anyone out there who is willing to donate to the public schools to make the "Rejoin DI an DII" effort a success...PLEASE DO! I know the Hamilton County School System would love that!

But Back on topic......McCallie is without a doubt the best and toughest regular season tournament...hands down. We should see a lot of state champ match-ups in the finals between the good TN and GA teams attending.

I don't think brackets will be up until Friday morning. MAYBE late Thursday. Points system meeting is going on right now. I got slipped a tip- looks like we'll see a match-up between Hooker and Hayes in the semis. Pay your money people- 11:00am Saturday is going to be a good one!!!!!

Does your tipster know if Jeff Francis will be at 130, too? Don't overlook him.

CBG- To answer your first question, the DII schools were never FORCED to split, they chose to. There are private schools in DI, so come on over, but you would have to comply with the DI rules (theres your kicker!!!)

Your next statment (that seems to be discussed on this sight every year) about the top DI team not wrestling DII teams....Doesn't seem to be hurting them or the top DII teams...If it is a big deal, come on over to DI.

Your next statment was about teams "running" from DII to DI...Maybe they were running from Baylor to Bradley....or McCallie to Cleveland...or Father Ryan to Soddy...Ooltewah...ect. OR maybe they didn't have the Bank account to compete with some of those DII powers....just a thought.....

And yes....with a state as small as TN we should be in one didvision...but you would have to convince football, basketball, baseball, ect. all to join in one division. TSSAA won't pick and choose sports to combine......We would all have to FOLLOW the same rules to do so also....which comes back to why the DII schools left in the first place. ( your kicker strikes again)

You need to understand a few things: 1. Some of the D2 schools were founding members of the TSSAA 2. Private schools had been allowed to give financial aid for over 40 years and then people wanted to change the rules 3. Wrestling had very little if anything to do with D2 being formed. This was a decision based on Riverdale not being able to defeat Brentwood Academy for the state championship in football. 4. When a state the size of Tennessee has 2 traditional state tournaments in wrestling and 8 (you will have 9 in 2009) in football it is just plain stupid. Heck even California has 1 state wrestling championship and they have more schools wrestling in the city of LA than you have in Tennessee. Even a great wrestling state like PA only has 2 traditional tournaments.

Will we see a Cash and Marchetti Match-Up? Will we see a Hooker and Hayes Match-Up? Will we see a Mosley and Calloway Match-Up? Will we see Boone and Doster Match-Up? Will We see Ray and Manley Match-Up? Kinda hard to say with the number of teams that are scheduled to be there. Not to mention the McCallie Tournament is tougher than our TSSAA State Tournament.

Looking forward to seeing to good wrestling this weekend!

I understand that the seeding and brackets for the McCallie have come out.

112 Watson seeded 2nd

152 Cash seeded 1st

130 Hooker seeded 3rd

130 Francis seeded 5th

103 Calloway seeded 3rd

130 Brannon seeded 4th

152 Marchetti seeded 2nd

130 Hayes seeded 2nd

103 Mosley seeded 6st

125 Dupree seeded 7th

125 Doster seeded 2nd

285 Carothers seeded 2nd

112 Maurizi seeded 4th

112 Gardner seeded 7th

I understand that the seeding and brackets for the McCallie have come out.

112 Watson seeded 2nd

152 Cash seeded 1st

130 Hooker seeded 3rd

130 Francis seeded 5th

103 Calloway seeded 3rd

130 Brannon seeded 4th

152 Marchetti seeded 2nd

130 Hayes seeded 2nd

103 Mosley seeded 6st

125 Dupree seeded 7th

125 Doster seeded 2nd

285 Carothers seeded 2nd

112 Maurizi seeded 4th

112 Gardner seeded 7th

Where did you see these brackets? They are not posted to the website yet? Where are you getting this information?

MTNrasslin- It is off topic but it was in response to CBG's post that was struggling a lot more than mine...TSSAA just so happend to agree with the view point of DI by making it a level playing field the best possible way by giving everyone an option of going DI or DII.........

and i believe if it was in the budget for every public school to be able to compete financially at that level they would..So DI change is out of the question, but if there is anyone out there who is willing to donate to the public schools to make the "Rejoin DI an DII" effort a success...PLEASE DO! I know the Hamilton County School System would love that!

But Back on topic......McCallie is without a doubt the best and toughest regular season tournament...hands down. We should see a lot of state champ match-ups in the finals between the good TN and GA teams attending.

TSSAA is D1 so of course it agreed with it's viewpoint. By the way, I already donate (loosely interpreted, and with no appreciation) quite a bit to the Hamilton County School system and don't even use it.

I am pretty sure we will not agree on the above but we do agree that the McCallie tournament is a great tournament and from my perspective is the real beginning of the high school wrestling season.

I don't think brackets will be up until Friday morning. MAYBE late Thursday. Points system meeting is going on right now. I got slipped a tip- looks like we'll see a match-up between Hooker and Hayes in the semis. Pay your money people- 11:00am Saturday is going to be a good one!!!!!

12:00 pm friday on mccallies website