Arby's Classic

tricitiessportsfan

2008 Arby's Classic  

40 members have voted

1. 1. 2008 Arby's Classic

Tsportsfan sounds like you were a little...how do I say this.......scared /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . You should have more faith in your team. I for one was waitin at the door to see this matchup. And IMO it couldn't have had a better setting than in the Arbys where their was nothing but pride attached. This game gave them a larger than usual stage which made it an unbelievable high school basketball atmosphere. Easily the the best and most exciting game for me so far. Both teams put on a show...and DB wins round one! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Look at it this way...there is now NO argument that the Indians of DB are the best team in the Big 9.

You must be in my head Cap. Yes sir, no doubt I was nervous about this one. Growing up in Kingsport makes it hard to swallow any type of defeat to Johnson City, and I do mean any. I was all over my seat, to say the least, sweating bullets. Very exciting game. Proud as heck of the boys though, Ashlon came to play and McConnell, what can I say. Your opinion on the game being played in the Arby's is correct, I was simply worried about losing face. Go figure right? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

By the way, I loved how your son was taking it all in on the first row, /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />, made me chuckle. Best of luck the rest of the way.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday, December 30

Session 5

Game 20

Bryan Station, KY 68

Gate City, VA 47

Final.

Game Stats

Game 21

Louisville Male, KY 71

Dobyns Bennett 69

Final-OT.

Game Stats

Game 22

Monsignor Pace, FL 63

Tennessee High 51

Final.

Game Stats

Game 23

Dr. Michael Krop, FL 78

Benedictine, OH 51

Final.

Game Stats

----------

Session 6

Slam Dunk Contest

Winner: Nathan Parker - Knox Bearden, TN

*Won on a Doctor JMichael Jordan style dunk from just in front of the free throw line (approximatley 13 feet).

Game 24

Miller Grove, GA 70

Knox Bearden, TN 62

Final.

Game Stats

Game 25

Boyd Anderson, FL 54

Briarcrest, TN 34

Final.

Game Stats

Wow, my pick shows how much I know about basketball! But, cut me some slack, I'm a Souther. All I know about is BAD basketball! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> So, I'll change my pick now and go with M.G. vs. B.A. With B.A. taking it all. I'm rooting for Bearden though. How can you not root for the team with the cowboy coach!? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Its never easy when you lose a game like Benedictine did yesterday. hats off to Briarcrest for being adamant. up by 7 with over a minute left how do you not put your foul shooters in the game. Also I have to say this but hats off to Cameron Wright of Benedictine for showing everyone how good of a defensive player he is by holding Mcdonald to 7 points through 4 quarters. Unfortunately he fouled out with 2 minutes to go and Mcdonald took over after his shadow had to sit on the bench. Good game would've been better if my Bengals won but good luck to Briarcrest. Please someone tell me if it was just me but do you think it was a homer job against Benedictine if you have 3 minutes left in a tight game and the foul situation is 9-2 in favor of Briarcrest. please tell me I'm wrong. up to that point Benedictine only had 4 fouls called for them the WHOLE GAME until Briarcrest started to foul to put them on the line.

Wow, my pick shows how much I know about basketball! But, cut me some slack, I'm a Souther. All I know about is BAD basketball! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> So, I'll change my pick now and go with M.G. vs. B.A. With B.A. taking it all. I'm rooting for Bearden though. How can you not root for the team with the cowboy coach!? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Gonna go with the two teams outta state??? prob a good pick lol but idk im still thinkiing Bearden vs Boyd Anderson in the Final and i think Bearden is gonna win that game too.

Also I have to say this but hats off to Cameron Wright of Benedictine for showing everyone how good of a defensive player he is by holding Mcdonald to 7 points through 4 quarters. Unfortunately he fouled out with 2 minutes to go and Mcdonald took over after his shadow had to sit on the bench. Please someone tell me if it was just me but do you think it was a homer job against Benedictine if you have 3 minutes left in a tight game and the foul situation is 9-2 in favor of Briarcrest. please tell me I'm wrong. up to that point Benedictine only had 4 fouls called for them the WHOLE GAME until Briarcrest started to foul to put them on the line.

Wright's best defense was constantly running his mouth and getting inside McDinald's head. But, hey, it worked. The final minute was ridiculous. I've never seen a high school player just take over like that. There was nothing Benedtictine could do to stop him. They fouled McDonald on the 3 that put Briarcrest up by 1, but there was no call. I would not blame the refs for this loss. When you have a 7 or 8 point lead with 56 seconds left, you should never lose. If Benedictine made their foul shots-game over. Even though I was not that impressed with Wright, Jackson is very good for Benedictine. He is what makes that team go...

Are you a Bearden fan? I was wondering about #15 for them. He looks like he'd be a heck of a QB. Does he play football?

Im not a Bearden fan, but im from East Tennessee and i played against Bearden quiet a bit over the past few years in my high school days and last year they beat us by 8 points (we should have won that game) i kinda despise them lol, but no his name is Dustin Craig and yeah he looks like a quarterback, but hes not i think he just concentrates on basketball.

Knox Bearden loses, 70-62, to Miller Grove High School, out of Lithonia, GA, in the semi-finals of the Arby's Classic. There were very questionable coaching decisions made by the Bulldogs Mark Blevins in the fourth quarter, IMO. Details later.

FYI - Bruce Pearl is in attendence tonight, unsure if it is a publicity stunt or recruiting occassion, could be both.

Knox Bearden loses, 70-62, to Miller Grove High School, out of Lithonia, GA, in the semi-finals of the Arby's Classic. There were very questionable coaching decisions made by the Bulldogs Mark Blevins in the fourth quarter, IMO. Details later.

FYI - Bruce Pearl is in attendence tonight, unsure if it is a publicity stunt or recruiting occassion, could be both.

Updates on the Briarcrest game, anyone?

Thanks.