Westview @ Gibson Co.

GCPioneer

Gibson Co. plays host to Martin Westview next Tuesday. Westview has 3 more games before this (Union City, championship of Christmas tournament, and Madison Academic next saturday) and Gibson Co. is through playing until January 6th. Westview will most likely be coming to Gibson Co. with a record of 16-0 barring any upsets before the big game. Gibson Co. currently sits at 12-0 after blasting through the GC Christmas tournament with huge wins over Peabody and Bradford. Also, keep in mind, the AP Polls will most likely be out late that Monday night before they play or early that Tuesday morning! Could this be a #1 v. #2 match up either way???? Opinions are welcomed... let the talk begin!!!!

Also, on a side note, Westview will be without their starting PG BB Brooks for awhile. She broke her leg last week in a game that required surgery. I hope all goes well for her in her recovery and I hope she get's back to 100% soon!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview's BB Brooks is out for the season. She had a compound fracture in her leg and had to have surgery and get a metal rod placed in it. Westview will miss her leadership and energy on the court. They will have to have some of the other girls step up. However, I will take Westview in this one by 5. I predict Rechis will have 34 points....just a guess! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Rechis is not as good as Fussell. They're both very good, but Fussell is SEC and Rechis is NAIA. We won't get into all of that, but Rechis is not as good as Fussell but they are both very good! I'm sure Rechis will get her points and she could end up with 30, it's possible.

Glad your the expert... what where you yardball.....

Also, keep in mind, the AP Polls will most likely be out late that Monday night before they play or early that Tuesday morning! Could this be a #1 v. #2 match up either way???? Opinions are welcomed... let the talk begin!!!!

Gibson Co. and Westview are the two best teams in 13AA, but not in the state.

I think GC might be #2, but expect they will both be in the top 6 or so.

It will still be a great game, though. Going with the Lady Pioneers by 10. But Rechis will get her points.

Glad your the expert... what where you yardball.....

I try to be an expert.... Thanks, lol

Rechis is a better shooter, but other than that..... it's Fussell

Don't take everything so personal, lol... I just think that Fussell is a better all around player. You obviously are a Westview fan. I've read several of your posts. I'll even go out and say Fussell is the best player in District 13AA and one of the best players in West TN just so you don't take it so personal against your girls.

13aafanatic, you seem to know what you're talking about in some of the posts of yours I've read. Let me ask you this, not trying to be smart, but do you actually think a team that is sitting at 12-0 or at 16-0 will actually be ranked 6th in the state in the first AP poll??? You know most AP voters in East TN will see the name Westview or Gibson Co. and what they've done in the past and see that these teams sit at 12-0 and 16-0 and will vote them high.