Westview @ Gibson Co.

GCPioneer

Marshall County should be #1 in the poll when it comes out. Polls dont mean anything but they are #1 until someone beats them in my opinion.

After last night, I think they are #1 in the state until someone knocks them off in Murfreesboro reguardless of the polls. They might be even better than last year and they even lost 4 people off of last years team if I remember correctly!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last night, I think they are #1 in the state until someone knocks them off in Murfreesboro reguardless of the polls. They might be even better than last year and they even lost 4 people off of last years team if I remember correctly!

After what I saw last night, the Westview @ Gibson Co. game won't even be close! Gibson Co. will blow Westview right out of the gym!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

After what I saw last night, the Westview @ Gibson Co. game won't even be close! Gibson Co. will blow Westview right out of the gym!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm sure the Lady Chargers will have a different intensity level Tuesday night than what they showed against Henry County..No disrespect to Henry County but that game doesn't mean near as much as this upcoming game does....

Will the layoff over the holidays help or hurt Gibson County??......Will Westview playing four games in the last few days help or hurt them come Tuesday night??.....

What exactly is all the construction going on at GCHS involve??....Renovation to the gym or just the school in general??....

They're building a practice gym, a theatre, and they built some kind of indoor horse riding arena out behind the back parking lot.

Gibson Co. plays host to Martin Westview next Tuesday. Westview has 3 more games before this (Union City, championship of Christmas tournament, and Madison Academic next saturday) and Gibson Co. is through playing until January 6th. Westview will most likely be coming to Gibson Co. with a record of 16-0 barring any upsets before the big game. Gibson Co. currently sits at 12-0 after blasting through the GC Christmas tournament with huge wins over Peabody and Bradford. Also, keep in mind, the AP Polls will most likely be out late that Monday night before they play or early that Tuesday morning! Could this be a #1 v. #2 match up either way???? Opinions are welcomed... let the talk begin!!!!

Also, on a side note, Westview will be without their starting PG BB Brooks for awhile. She broke her leg last week in a game that required surgery. I hope all goes well for her in her recovery and I hope she get's back to 100% soon!!!

gibson county will win by 15 or so and gc might be one or two because marshall co is one or two should be number 1 though

13aafanatic, you seem to know what you're talking about in some of the posts of yours I've read. Let me ask you this, not trying to be smart, but do you actually think a team that is sitting at 12-0 or at 16-0 will actually be ranked 6th in the state in the first AP poll??? You know most AP voters in East TN will see the name Westview or Gibson Co. and what they've done in the past and see that these teams sit at 12-0 and 16-0 and will vote them high.

It looks like we were both right. #3 vs. #5 tomorrow at the Pioneer Homeplace. Bottom line is two very talented teams playing, with the winner getting a jump on the district's top spot. Should be an exciting game.

I think the AP voters did a good job in their first poll. Marshall County deserves the #1 spot. The winner of the Gibson County/Westview game could be #2 in next weeks poll.

Thanks for the compliment. We usually get abused. Just so everyone knows, poll members from EVERY area of the state shared information and suggestions with each other to take into consideration for their vote. I received input from:

Upper East Tennessee

Knoxville Area

Chattanooga Area

Nashville-Midstate Area

Murfreesboro Area

Memphis

Jackson-Southwest Area

Any poll is going to have its detractors but there are some very informed media members who try and make the AP poll a good reflection of statewide prep basketball. I'm proud to be a member of the group.

This is a match-up that is THE GAME of the night in West Tn. #3 vs #5, and for the early lead in the District race. With the game being at GC, I would have to give a slight edge to the Lady Pioneers, but we all know that the 'View is loaded. This should be a great game between two outstanding programs. These two could split during the regular season. And OC will likely have some bearing on the race as well. After the game between OC and GC, it appears that again GC, Westview, and OC may be the top three teams in the District. BUT there is alot if basketball left to play. This game should be a WAR.