Ryan Results

rebelfan13

Help me out old timers. Has stalling always been in the rule book going back to the 70's? I don't remember ever seeing anyone called for this in my day. I remember chasing an East Grappler around the mat because he wouldn't wrestle. I had to tackle him to catch him. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Then pinned him!

The only time I remember having it called was against my opponent in a district final in 1977, but my rasslin history only goes back to 1973... I also have a late 1970s rule book up in the attic, I will check and see.

This is a question for the resident wrestling history guru, Uncle Buck.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I witnessed a superstar basketball player from a Nashville public high school about 5 years ago do and say things on the court to referees and opposing schools fans that would get me kicked off this board if I gave details. Basketball and wrestling may be apples to oranges to some and then again there may be a cultural difference here of acceptance of behavior.....or whatever. Thats a topic for another time.

But what Justin Cash did pales in comparison to things I have seen. I was a little curious about the shoulder and thought he pulled a 'soccer injury' timeout to get a cheap breather. Thats just a guess on my part but I have issues when I see athletes do that and then jump right back up and get right back in the game.

The difference is that I would never openly express that thought by booing in a game. Or yell that out loud. I did think it....

He knew he was stalling and heard the crowds screaming and he got a little satisfaction from knowing he got away with it. As a parent or fan....It's hard to see one of your kids get beat that way but it's a part of sports. So for him to show the fans a little gesture.......tough to swallow, but definitely not anything worthy of booing or coming out of the stands.

The atmosphere was great and look forward to the rematch.

Nice work, pal, what you may not know is that he had shoulder surgery in the fall, and it hurts like heck if the arm gets above the shoulder.... now you are a trainer... you have succeeded in deciding that a tough fella is faking...you should be proud of yourself..."he knew he was stalling"...you probably thought the refs were fine up until that instant, and in the other matches... where Ryan was winning...doesn't sound right...you have to get a clue...someone wins, someone loses, give kudos to the winner, and be done with it....you are not wrestling, you are an observer, and ifyou are biased, then your opinion is greatly diluted. have a great evening, GO TITANS!

both wrestlers wrestled their hearts out. cash won the match fair and square and thats that its over, but im sure this has marchetti working even harder in the wrestling room and he will be ready next time it comes around.

the boos that erupted after cash's "classless act" were exactly what he wanted. cash wanted the fans to get mad, and he succeded as everyone could see father ryan fans were less than happy.

however this is just one match between two great wrestles that got taken out of context and thats that.

The only time I remember having it called was against my opponent in a district final in 1977, but my rasslin history only goes back to 1973... I also have a late 1970s rule book up in the attic, I will check and see.

This is a question for the resident wrestling history guru, Uncle Buck.

I know it wasn't taught. I guess it use to be the exception instead of the rule, now it's the reverse.

I think it over used now.

I'm told that at the college level it's not stalling but they are taught to stalemate!

Somebody needs to put it on youtube like they did the Haedgear at State.

So Cash won...big deal father ryan...i used to wrestle marchetti in highschool and i know theyre both good wrestlers...but parents shouldnt be involved in any of it..get a life..marchettii will pobably win by the end of the year..but lets talk about somethin more important...mccallie's been hated on all year and i think by the end of it theyre gonna contend with baylor for the state championship..if they dont win it this year they will next year

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ga...0806&Ref=PH

Page 5

Picture of Cash giving the FR crowd the finger. (quiet finger that is)

Great post. That should settle about half the arguments on this blog. FR parents have made me anti FR and I for one will root against their wrestlers in the future just and only because of the FR parents actions. BE POSITIVE ROLE MODELS for kids (even if they're not from FR), instead of NEGATIVE. Remember, we as adults are supposed to be teaching our next generation of leaders. It's a crying shame when our kids like Marchetti are having to teach and train us!!

Wow wrestlersdad " for one will root against their wrestlers in the future just and only because of the FR parents actions." this quote just shows your maturity. If your going to root against fantastic kids like Patrick Marchetti, Cody Austell, Wes Wesley, and Cole Moseley all class acts, thats your problem!!!! But here is the thing that you don't understand, kids don't just become class acts because they just are, but they become that way by observing these qualities from the positive role models that influence them in their daily lives, the biggest influence being their parents!!!! The same parents you are bashing!!!

Remember wrestlersdad we are supposed to be "POSITIVE ROLE MODELS for kids (even if they're not from FR), instead of NEGATIVE. Remember, we as adults are supposed to be teaching our next generation of leaders." That is a good meesage but it is contradicted by the begining of your post By stating your opinion, your not settling half the argument. FR parents have not made you do anything either your anti FR by your own choice.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU DON'T VOTE!!!!

I'm really sorry I missed this one. This sounds comical. I love nothing better than 2 private schools ready to beat the tar out of each other. I can't really comment on the incident that happened because I wasn't there. I have met Justin Cash and to me he was a very polite and nice kid. That could have been a front, I don't know. But what I do know is that if you put a tense situation in front of a kid in a bad environment, the chances are that something bad will come out of it even if he wins. With the woman supposively smacking Cash, she should have gone to jail if that is true. In my gym, she would have.

'In Hoc Signo Vinces', we had a disagreement a while back about an unlimited weight class issue, (just so you will remember who I am) and I think we decided to agree to disagree. Once again I'm going to give my opinion. Take it for what it is worth. Father Ryan parents don't just root for their kids, they are off the spectrum. They act like complete morans when the match doesn't go their way. Now, you can say I have an ax to grind but I've been there. I lost to Jimmy Jordan 13-11 in 87 and they were as nice as they could be, saying "hey great match." I also lateral dropped and pinned their crowned prince in 88 (John Michael Garrett) AT Father Ryan and that gym was like a prison yard during a riot. Not all of the Father Ryan people are like that, the Garrett's, Edwards, Jordans and a few others I have forgotten were fantastic people but I think they have more bad apples than good. People do respect Father Ryan for their wrestling but they root against them because of their "holier than thou, arrogant down right I'm better than you crappy attitudes) One more thing, it"s not wise to bring up the wrestling on the edge of the mat comment. Pat Simpson perfected that move and made it an art form before I wrestled in the 80's. Your definition of why it's done is correct, if you don't believe me just ask the master, Pat. I remember other wrestlers having to drag Father Ryan wrestlers back onto the mat just to be able to score. 95% of Father Ryan wrestlers I have met have been nice polite kids (as Marchetti probably is) and I really enjoyed talking to them, but 95% of Father Ryan parents I have met I would perfer to never see ever again. Maybe the parents could watch their kids a little more off the mat and learn a few things, first and foremost class.

Wow! You are a head coach and edited this and this is the best you can do?

Let??™s see you named (3) FR families that were fantastic people, but 95% you??™d prefer to never see again? Strong programs have passionate fans??¦. Father Ryan, McCallie, Baylor, Collins Hill, Mater Dei just to name a few. Sure they want their team to win, and they know good wrestling when they see it. I think you might have your percentages backwards, because 95% of the ones I know are great families.

As for calling out Pat Simpson I am absolutely amazed! The man has been inducted in the Wrestling Hall of Fame, is total class and this wrestling fan thinks you might need to take a lesson in humility by seeing his comments and re-reading the article in the Tennessean.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090103...-1/PREPSFACTORY

Did the Ryan fans boo him??¦??¦yes. When a young man comes over to taunt before shaking hands and tells them to be quiet, what else would you expect? Was it un-sportsmanlike? Ask the refs??¦..as they would have taken away a team point if so. One thing for sure, it will help sell more tickets to the Cash-Marchetti re-match (if it happens) on Jan. 20. IMHO way too much being made of this, and no question both are great wrestlers.

I was there and saw no one touch the BA wrestler. I did see his Mom in his face which is what 95% of the parents I know would have done if their son did this. Some of these posts are hilarious, but your attack of FR and Pat Simpson is silly. By the way congrats on your lateral drop back in the 80??™s.

What happened to Calloway at 103 was he sick,hurt or

just not wrestle very well. I thought he would have placed higher

in this tournament.

Carlos looks good. He lost his match against Bates (MJ). They wrestled last year

into overtime. Saturday just wasn't his day.