Livingston Academy

Overton County Fan

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to brave the cold and get out and see LA last night. Those boys brought the heat though. It seemed like Smith County didn't even get the ball past halfcourt until the second quarter! I think thats the third lineup I've saw LA start this year and they were super fast. Melton plays so many people. I think that will pay off for them in the future even after this year. Saw Smith with a dunk and was that a freshman at the end that dunked? Reeder I think. Really took me by suprise. I thought about leaving early but glad I didn't. Hey wheres the big kid that was playing quite a bit. A freshman I think his name is Key. I don't think he played at Pickett and wansn't even on the bench last night. If he's a freshman and I think he is, LA's going to be a force for a while. Smith County played hard and didn't give up. Good luck to both teams.

I am going to have to pay closer attention to the game. I stayed until the game was over and I didn't see any dunks. I must have been snoozing due to the closeness of the game.

I was there at the end too, I didn't see any dunks either.

Wildcat 1970

I'm pretty sure thats what I saw. Didn't know it'd cause disagreement. They weren't two handed or anything. Just simple one handed easy dunks. I guess thats what they are still called. Not really important. They last one suprised me thats all. Maybe I'm wrong and should watch more ball. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

That...you did. I really get a kick out of yankees trying to use that word on tv or in movies. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I really would like to see your girls play. I think they have a good shot to win it all this year. They have

had trouble peaking too soon in the past. They certainly have the players.

I have the built in advantage of growing up with family in Gainesville Fl.....back with G'ville was actually a SOUTHERN TOWN!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And an uncle who grew up in Quitman, MS.....so Ive had plenty of exposure to the language!!

I noticed the peaking problem last year. Having only been in town for 2 years I may see things just a little differently than most, but I agree with the peaking problem. I heard the "choke McWilliams" theory at dinner the other day and I have to say that I completely disagree with that one. The lady is not perfect, but most of the people that criticize that woman could not coach themselves out of a paper bag. Sometimes shots do not fall, sometimes you get outplayed, and sometimes the other team just happens to be.....better!!

(I think I just hijacked my own post)

Anyways, back to your comments. I think they still have some improvement to do this year. They are playing pretty well together, but I do not think they have hit their peak yet.

It is going to be fun to watch them the rest of the way. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gatorbill I think your in for a split with LA with your girls winning and LA boys. Hope their both good games and injury free. The way I pick sometimes they may end up oppsite but good luck to both teams.

You are probably right, but I will keep hoping that you are wrong.....if that makes sense! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good, hard fought, injury free games would be a great night. I am looking forward to it.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />