Grace Baptist at Temple

dadoffour

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect this matchup to be as good as the series of games in '06 when Grace made it to the state finals. I think Grace may have the edge in talent and depth, but either team could win. Should be a classic.

What are your thoughts?

Temple by 3. Both these teams have played strong out of district schedules against larger schools. I look for both these teams to be at the Boro. I will be at Temple for this matchup.

I thought Temple played very well this past Saturday night against a good North Cobb Christian and if they play that way this Friday against Grace, there is no question in my mind that Temple will win. Both teams have a lot of good talent. If I had to guess, I would say that Temple will frustrate Grace early and often and will win by ten points or more.

This game, this year is kind of a downer- typically these two teams some of the best in chatt...at least top 5 when they meet...this year they are not even close....so people at grace and temple will show up and care b/c well it is grace and temple but no one in the city really cares like they have in years past and typically these games have state ramifications...not this year I'm afraid...

IMO both teams have great talent- great potential....bad coaching...well maybe not bad but definitely underachieving!

I am looking forward to watching this classic rivalry again. Both teams have played decent to good Non-District type games...the difference being Temple has played tougher teams than Grace (on the whole) and Temple has had more success (Temple won a tough game in that Battle of the State Tournament, beat North Cobb, beat Cleveland, Soddy with McNeil etc. Grace beat CSAS in Best of Preps but has lost to Upperman, Baylor, Ridgeland). I am not sure if any of that matters, but it just seems like at this point in the season Temple is more prepared to hang in and win a tight tough game.

Keys to the game: Will Kemp knock down shots? Can Grace press at all against Temple's guards? Can Grace break Temple's press? Will Patrick and Jarrod stay in/out of foul trouble?

Last year Grace won the first two meetings (especially the first one) b/c Patrick was able to dominate the paint and the boards. In the District Finals, Herman had 30+ points but Shaughnessy was limited to about 6 or so. To me Patrick could be the difference maker either way.

One last thought, Grace is 0-2 this season in OT games.

Prediction: Temple 77 Grace 68

This game, this year is kind of a downer- typically these two teams some of the best in chatt...at least top 5 when they meet...this year they are not even close....so people at grace and temple will show up and care b/c well it is grace and temple but no one in the city really cares like they have in years past and typically these games have state ramifications...not this year I'm afraid...

IMO both teams have great talent- great potential....bad coaching...well maybe not bad but definitely underachieving!

As a whole, the level of basketball across Chattanooga is down this year. However, I would make a case that both Grace and Temple are top 5 level teams in the city. If you woke up in the morning and saw that either Grace or Temple beat anyone in the city in the paper... you wouldn't be surprised. Temple already has beat several quality 3a opponents as ChattanoogaStone mentioned. However, both are top 10 1a teams and one or both will make it to Murfeesboro this year.