Hillsboro Next Football Season

Whites Creek football is on the rise.

I don't disagree. They ALWAYS have some great athletes. I just don't see much interest from fans unless Whites Creek were to pull off the victory. Not that Overton or Hillwood would necessarily be any better of a matchup against HHS, but the closer proximity with the schools would probably give it a little bigger crowd than a game against Whites Creek.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would certainly hope so! It's been a long time since the likes of Ahmad Childress, Frank Omiyale, Jason Perry, & Michael Hassell were there. That's already been 10 years ago now. Whites Creek hasn't been worth mentioning since that time.

Actually, it has only been three years. They went 10-2 in the 2005-06 season losing to Hillsboro in the regular season 14-7 and then again to Hillsboro in the 2nd round 38-21. Do some research before you speak.

Coach Fite and K are running the conditioning program, and the kids are still working hard. I have no idea about the coaching situation. I remember last year that Glencliff was kind of in the same position and they announced their head coach during spring break, so I suspect it to happen during that time period.

Coach Fite and K are running the conditioning program, and the kids are still working hard. I have no idea about the coaching situation. I remember last year that Glencliff was kind of in the same position and they announced their head coach during spring break, so I suspect it to happen during that time period.

Talked with the assistent principal...no conditioning because Coach K is coaching track and they have no staff to work with the players.

Talked with the assistent principal...no conditioning because Coach K is coaching track and they have no staff to work with the players.

Ask and encourage all football players to run track. Nothing better for conditioning plus improves track team and allows them compete. They do not have to run in meets if not able but they can be doing something. Big guys can do shot and discus and skill players can run sprints and relays, hurdles, and high jump,long jump, and triple jump. No excuse to not be conditioning. Most track teams have some form of weights during season also.

Ask and encourage all football players to run track. Nothing better for conditioning plus improves track team and allows them compete. They do not have to run in meets if not able but they can be doing something. Big guys can do shot and discus and skill players can run sprints and relays, hurdles, and high jump,long jump, and triple jump. No excuse to not be conditioning. Most track teams have some form of weights during season also.

As of yesterday, Coach Fite is working with them again. Hope he continues..he is a great guy and the kids love him.