South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My initial post had nothing to do with winning state championships. I had to do with winning traditions at any school and for the duration of said schools history. Not one sport but all sports. Why? Many schools are Football schools or Basketball schools or Baseball schools etc. But few schools are winners no matter what sport you speak of. I think you will find it interesting to go here: Most Championships in all sports in all years. The three top public schools are Oak Ridge, Knox Farragut, and Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett. The separation is very slight between the three. Farragut was built in 1904. DB in 1921. And Oak Ridge in 1943.

Still hate DB '03? Not to worry...most people do that don't go there. I don't hate them...I just want to beat them. But no matter how you cut it they have a winning tradition...numbers don't lie. I think those three programs could be considered premier.

I can understand why you are subordinate to DB. But, after they beat up on all of you there in upper ET the playoffs or region action begin. DB always loses out and their coaches use passes while the players & fans buy tickets to see the better teams play for championships. Championships are actually important to most teams in the state. DB's last team championship of any kind was 14 years ago. Golf and Tennis have carried the school. There has never been a football champion. Has there ever been a baseball or basketball champion from this premier institution? Why, even a blind squirrel ....

Science Hill is the premier sports school in your area. I see them at the Spring Fling in large numbers every year. Most people have to ask what school is that when they see the occasional DB uniform. DB is not well represented and not premier in our lifetime.

I can understand why you are subordinate to DB. But, after they beat up on all of you there in upper ET the playoffs or region action begin. DB always loses out and their coaches use passes while the players & fans buy tickets to see the better teams play for championships. Championships are actually important to most teams in the state. DB's last team championship of any kind was 14 years ago. Golf and Tennis have carried the school. There has never been a football champion. Has there ever been a baseball or basketball champion from this premier institution? Why, even a blind squirrel ....

Science Hill is the premier sports school in your area. I see them at the Spring Fling in large numbers every year. Most people have to ask what school is that when they see the occasional DB uniform. DB is not well represented and not premier in our lifetime.

yes in baseball and basketball. you are filled with hate and envy, i feel sorry for your family ,you "idiot"

peace, brother....and some ice packs lickety split for my bad back, if you will. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

on my way

03 shows his ugly head about this time EVERY Year. He is an old TN High fan that now claims to support Maryville. How nice. His facts are wrong as you can see DB has several team Championships in the last 14 years:

Girls Tennis 2005 Class AAA Team Champions 4-0 Memphis

Boys Tennis 2004 Class AAA Team Champions 4-3 Memphis

Girls Tennis 2004 Class AAA Team Champions 4-1 Memphis

Boys Tennis 2003 Class AAA Team Champions 4-0 Memphis

Girls Cross Country 1997 Class AAA Team Champions 56 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 1996 Class AAA Team Champions 83 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 1995 Class AAA Team Champions 57 Percy Warner

Girls Track 1995 Class AAA Team Champions 72 Chattanooga

Girls Soccer 1995 Team Champions (19-3-1) 4-2 Brentwood

03 will say, well there is no football, basketball, or baseball championships. But how us old timers remember, it is sad when you are so weak you change your team you cheer for. Especially from TN High to Maryville. 03 is sad and if you look at most all of his post histroy which is easy to do, 90% is spent on downing DB. I think he was a female cheerleader that hated DB cheer teams for some reason. I mean, is it normal for a grown man to be so stuck on hating one team? I am offering services to heal your mind brother! But really, you are sick. Check out his posts. Unless he erases them again like he has before.

03 shows his ugly head about this time EVERY Year. He is an old TN High fan that now claims to support Maryville. How nice. His facts are wrong as you can see DB has several team Championships in the last 14 years:

Girls Tennis 2005 Class AAA Team Champions 4-0 Memphis

Boys Tennis 2004 Class AAA Team Champions 4-3 Memphis

Girls Tennis 2004 Class AAA Team Champions 4-1 Memphis

Boys Tennis 2003 Class AAA Team Champions 4-0 Memphis

Girls Cross Country 1997 Class AAA Team Champions 56 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 1996 Class AAA Team Champions 83 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 1995 Class AAA Team Champions 57 Percy Warner

Girls Track 1995 Class AAA Team Champions 72 Chattanooga

Girls Soccer 1995 Team Champions (19-3-1) 4-2 Brentwood

03 will say, well there is no football, basketball, or baseball championships. But how us old timers remember, it is sad when you are so weak you change your team you cheer for. Especially from TN High to Maryville. 03 is sad and if you look at most all of his post histroy which is easy to do, 90% is spent on downing DB. I think he was a female cheerleader that hated DB cheer teams for some reason. I mean, is it normal for a grown man to be so stuck on hating one team? I am offering services to heal your mind brother! But really, you are sick. Check out his posts. Unless he erases them again like he has before.

Go Back 20yrs or so and there are back to back boys Soccer Championships in 84 & 85 Both 1-0 wins over Hendersonville

Satch, how are the hurdles looking? The rap on the track thread is weak. Is mine keeping up with yours or is he sandbaggin'?

Not a clue, comp. I've been in Memphis on business and get little real feedback. We'll see how they all are doin' today at East. I'm just hopin' no one gets shot by a sniper again, or at least its what it looked like last year as he pulled up in the 100M. ** Think Healthy Thoughts **

So, Satch, are you boyz gonna let me join in and tag along to Cinn? I promise I can make my own fun! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Sure. There's room. BUT you know I'm not the one to convince. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

We're hoping the turf at this facility, that NIKE has chosen, is better than the past locations. We'll see...

Sure. There's room. BUT you know I'm not the one to convince. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

We're hoping the turf at this facility, that NIKE has chosen, is better than the past locations. We'll see...

Was there a track meet yesterday Satch? When is the next one scheduled?

Satch,

Who punted for CHMS when this group was in the 8th? And who was the kicker? And if anyone knows the same for that year at Sullivan. I heard something about maybe Clint punting. I remember watching the Frosh kicker last year but can't think of his name.

I also hear we got another killer RB coming up through the Optimist ranks. can anyone tell about him? Is he out of Optimist yet and what is his name?

Guest footballfan100

ha ha ha lol..... here we go again. already putting the pressure on a kid in the optimist league for being the next great running back in east tn..MY GOSH people, let them be kids!!!!! unless they are good enough for lane kiffin right now cause i think he may need a RB for next year!!