South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

No, a long season.....like 15 weeks! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

As Slingblade would say, "I like the way you talk, uh, huh."

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spring ball doesnt mean anything. That is true. So it is good we take little from this scrimmge for either the Rebs or Clones. We need to keep in mind, this Rebel team was without BOTH potential All-State LBs, Garvin and Phillips, D1 prospect Big 'ole Jake Logue only played a couple of series, Juggernaut Bobby is just getting back after a groin pull, Speed Merchant Seth is out as well healing the hammy, and many of the key players including Zman Zanoni and Haden have only had 4-5 days back since baseball ran so long. They looked fine. I do wonder if Betsy has dropped off a bit since last year and this helped the Rebs' cause. Didn't look like the bus from Elizabethton brought many this year.

But, I'll tell you the player that looked good, that would be the Saint. Every single player on this team trusts him and HE will Lead. This is what the Rebs' need. He won't throw everyone on his back and run in victorys like Curt did. But he'll guide his team as one unit, implementing the right plays and personal when needed and when best. This kid walked off the baseball field and was audibling to better plays in practice on day 1. Heath looked good too. It's nice knowing Heath will be there if and when needed. He's another smart QB/Field General, like the Saint. He'll get a bunch of 2nd half time. 2nd half time with the Rebs can be as extensive as a starting QB position at most schools. I noticed thrown balls from both the Saint and Haden have the same trajectory/spin/look to them. What I mean is the spin is nice and tight with the nose slightly up. Curt's ball was like that with more gitty-up, which I am told is easier to catch. But, hey, I'm just an old DE.

The Rebs running game will be good again as Bobby is hard to handle. Looks like there will be backups to spare as well. I believe the passing game has the potential to be better in '09 as the open WR will be found and hit... short or DEEP. The Saint showed his arm well in the scrimmage. Passes from the Saint have wise direction and calculated intention. The Reb D will be extremely tough across the line, at LB, and in defensive backfield. Long and Solt looked good, and are ready to go. Dillon and Jake will be very very good, they welcome the brave qb who brings the option their way... here's a hint, better pitch it fast. A defensive tackle who's probably 6'5" 250+lbs, strong as a bull, and ran a 4.3 shuttle at the Nike combine is downright scary. I also am looking forward to seeing JC Garvin stepping up to the varsity level. He could be bigger than Ty and he'll be stud just like older brother. Come August, things will be fun.... and yes, should be another long season with another deep run.

I sure hope nobody west of Morristown is reading this crap. Or should I say west of Church Hill. I used to think DB talked it up during the off season but we couldn't hold a light to this stuff. But who knows, even a stoped clock is right two times a day. And South does luck up and beat DB about once every 15 years or so. How long has it been sinse South beat a team west of Morristown? I figure that will happen about once every 15 years also.

I think it is safe to say...South will have the best defense for '09 it has had in the history of the school. I think it is safe to say that Jake Logue, Dillon Hammonds, Ty Garvin, and (Dr.) Clint Phillips are all preseason All Staters. I think it is safe to say that Stacy has built a reputation of producing one of the best offenses in the state year after year and '09 will be no different but for '09 defense will be the '09 Rebels claim to fame. I think it is safe to say that defense wins championships.

Comp,

You need to get over your inferiority complex..........................LOL.

Looking ahead to Knox West now,a poster on the Knox area thread reports that West and Knox Central played even in their spring scrimmage. also the TSSAA track site shows only 1 underclassman qualified for state in any of the sprints, Gymieson 22.61 200m, and no sprint teams qualified. I know we have differing opinions here about track speed vs. football speed but its nice to know if an unknown opponent has some burners before game time.I don't know of course if this guy plays football but at least we are forewarned if his name shows up on the roster.

Rebel Nation

Looking ahead to Knox West now,a poster on the Knox area thread reports that West and Knox Central played even in their spring scrimmage. also the TSSAA track site shows only 1 underclassman qualified for state in any of the sprints, Gymieson 22.61 200m, and no sprint teams qualified. I know we have differing opinions here about track speed vs. football speed but its nice to know if an unknown opponent has some burners before game time.I don't know of course if this guy plays football but at least we are forewarned if his name shows up on the roster.

Rebel Nation

Also there is a guy on the bowling team thats 6'6" 270, and runs a 4.2 40. He's a transfer from Uganda. All he can say in english is muncharebel.

Also there is a guy on the bowling team thats 6'6" 270, and runs a 4.2 40. He's a transfer from Uganda. All he can say in english is muncharebel.

Your humor is always 100% correct. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Comp,

You need to get over your inferiority complex..........................LOL.

Palin...Why don't you go find a nice crochet board to hang out on...or maybe run for Governor. Oh, I'm sorry...I forgot, you just found out your daughter is pregnant. I bet your husband is a democrat.

I sure hope nobody west of Morristown is reading this crap. Or should I say west of Church Hill. I used to think DB talked it up during the off season but we couldn't hold a light to this stuff. But who knows, even a stoped clock is right two times a day. And South does luck up and beat DB about once every 15 years or so. How long has it been sinse South beat a team west of Morristown? I figure that will happen about once every 15 years also.

WaCoJaCo banana fana fo FaCo - Don't go away mad. Just go away.

Palin...Why don't you go find a nice crochet board to hang out on...or maybe run for Governor. Oh, I'm sorry...I forgot, you just found out your daughter is pregnant. I bet your husband is a democrat.

Sounds like someone is having Obama fatigue. Real classy remark about Sarah's daughter too. Oops, I almost forgot you are a Souther aren't you.

sarahpalin2012 ,please change your name, danquayle 2012 couldn't be worse,

Just thought Coach T should be fair and balanced. Ever heard of Obama08?

Sounds like someone is having Obama fatigue. Real classy remark about Sarah's daughter too. Oops, I almost forgot you are a Souther aren't you.

Just thought Coach T should be fair and balanced. Ever heard of Obama08?

this isn't faux news, you will here OBAMA12, AND PALIN WILL BE RUNNING THE BIGGEST METH LAB IN ALASKA