South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like someone is having Obama fatigue. Real classy remark about Sarah's daughter too. Oops, I almost forgot you are a Souther aren't you.

Just thought Coach T should be fair and balanced. Ever heard of Obama08?

Yeah, I voted for Obama. And proud of it. Voted for Clinton twice and for Gore. The Gore thing was like the Niswonger game. I also voted for Reagan...twice. We are still paying for that one. It's not Obama fatigue. It will take 15 years to correct the BS the Texas idiot got us into. You did know he sold the parks right? All of them. Yeah, it's called Grizzley Oil Company. No it's Bush Fatigue...and it ain't the Mouses Ear. Oops, I almost forgot...you already bailed out on your Indians this year. Aaahh...just get ready for 2010 Indians. Fair and balanced? OK...if you say so. The Proud Rebel Nation.

Yeah, I voted for Obama. And proud of it. Voted for Clinton twice and for Gore. The Gore thing was like the Niswonger game. I also voted for Reagan...twice. We are still paying for that one. It's not Obama fatigue. It will take 15 years to correct the BS the Texas idiot got us into. You did know he sold the parks right? All of them. Yeah, it's called Grizzley Oil Company. No it's Bush Fatigue...and it ain't the Mouses Ear. Oops, I almost forgot...you already bailed out on your Indians this year. Aaahh...just get ready for 2010 Indians. Fair and balanced? OK...if you say so. The Proud Rebel Nation.

Yeah...I was wondering what that new sign in Gatlinburg was all about.....It read:

Welcome to

The Smoky Bush National Park

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Long time stalker, first time poster here. Would some of the knowledgeble Rebel watchers (you know who you are)give more info on what they observed at the scrimmage last night? Volman? Crawdad? Comp? (Any highlights other than Heath? -- which I agree with, by the way) I don't have a kid or grandkid on the team but have been watching for years as my granddaughters, their friends, and my friends' sons and grandsons have gone through CHMS and South. I enjoy (and get annoyed at) the ridiculousness of many of the postings on this board, and appreciate input from knowledgeable posters. So post away!

I would think coming out of spring ball that there would be 3 areas of concern for the Rebels. You don't see much of the kicking game in the spring, but I would think replacing Willie as kicker will be a tall order. He was very good and hopefully a soccer guy is in the wings working this summer. I believe the Rebels will be very good but more of a "move the chains" offense and less big play potential. Therefore I expect closer margins of victory where XPs and FGs could be difference makers in big games.

Defensive secondary would be my 2nd area of concern in run support and pass defense. Fortunately we have one of the best in Coach Jerry Weston. He will shore this up. Ashton Zanoni and Taylor Rowland should be S and CB respectively and guessing Seth will compete at S. Don't know about others competing there. Rebelredneck, Comp, or Satch may know better.

WR would be my final concern as to how the personel works out. Zanoni,Watterson, and Heath Haden probably the top 3 and looking for a 4th and 5th to count on. The great thing about running the spread is so much of your practice time is throwing it and defending it. So players really develop thru practice time. Matt Fickey, Henry Ringley, Seth Johnson are great examples of receivers who had great years for us that most wouldn't have seen coming.

I think QB/RB is solid and deep. O-line and D-line as good as we have ever had potentially. I would think Coach Haney is very excited about their prospects. LB play should be outstanding with Ty and Clint returning 3rd year starters. Football games are won or lost at the line of scrimmage and South should carry the day there.

This coaching staff is solid and still moving forward toward the big prize. This will be their 6th year coaching together basically intact and cohesive. Consider in the 5 years he has been at South's helm,Coach Carter has been in the playoffs every year,making the semi-finals once and NEVER losing a 1st round playoff game. The victory on the road against Mo-East in the 1st year set the tone and was one of the Rebels bigger wins in school history considering where they had come from in recent campaigns.

Should be a great year. Dobyns-Bennett, Science Hill, Tennessee High and Knox West will all be big challenges. There may be a loss here or there but even if so those games will prepare for the play-offs where I expect this team to make a deep run. Good luck in '09 Rebels!

Rebel Nation /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />