district 11AA

ballbasher30

Quillen deserves it from what I've seen and read and heard. I've only seen four games this year, but he pitched and won two of them and hit very well with multiple RBI and I don't believe I've ever seen him strike out. He's solid in the clutch. Is he playing at the next level anywhere? Does anybody know? Does he have any offers on the table? Are any of the Sycamore seniors getting any looks?

What happens if it rains out today? Will they play it Saturday or Monday or call Sycamore the 1 seed and CW the 2?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

College's are looking at most of the seniors. Mostly Ju Co's, but only because 4 year schools haven't been out to see them. Kyle has had offer(s), and others will be getting offers surely.

If rained out at Sycamore, possibility would be CW's field. Sycamore remaining to be the home team though. This game has to be played today, no exception. If rained out in full, Sycamore 1 seed CW 2.

What a game. Creek Wood led the whole game I believe until the 7th and still had the lead with a runner on 2nd, 2 outs and a K2-3 play on Quillen who beat it out. Single to right scored Gentry. Infield hit by Dillon Cauley scored the winning run. Saw a lot of Dawgs out there for Sycamore. Proud of those guys. Josh Cox pitched a heck of a game for Creek Wood in a no decision. The Redhawks played hard looking for that first district championship. Represent in region guys. It's going to be Creek Wood at Jackson Southside and Sycamore hosting Bolivar Central. Game time 6:00 I believe on Monday night in an elimination game.

Walked across the way for the Sycamore/Creek Wood softball game that was tied 1-1 after 10. Went to International rules and put a runner on 2nd to start the inning. Sycamore's got thrown out at third on a bunt. Creek Wood's scored after a double one hopped the fence in left center to win it in 11 2-1.

Where was everybody at? I didn't see anybody besides me wearing a hat that didn't have a S or a C on it. We've got to do better than that at our district championship guys. We're all pulling for 11AA here in the post season. Field looked great Creek Wood. A wet ball here or there was about it. Good job with all the rain we've had.

well well well. sycamore wins the district tournament for the first time. so now there should be no more talk about them folding in the postseason when it showed tonight that they have a very special ball club. i can see them going along way this yr. cant wait to see what happens with them.

well well well. sycamore wins the district tournament for the first time. so now there should be no more talk about them folding in the postseason when it showed tonight that they have a very special ball club. i can see them going along way this yr. cant wait to see what happens with them.

Congratulations to Sycamore. They just needed to get rid of that hot-head coach from last year to get over the hump it seems. Coach Staggs looks to be doing a great job. I hope the rumors of him stepping down aren't true. I'm not sure their youngster Assistant would be able to handle the full load.

As for the game, they pulled it out with a little help from CW's catcher on the passed ball 3rd strike in the 7th. It was a great game though. The kid that Sycamore had on the bump had a pretty impressive bender.

As a former player for sycamore, i would like to say congrats on bringin home the first district championship. Sounded like a typical sycamore/creekwood game, which always comes down to the very end. who pitched for sycamore? cuz i know they were goin to go with jase but he was ejected from the game before and couldnt play