class 1 region 1

bulldogs10

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The passing league games were pretty competitive. I was glad to see the final 4 were all from c county. Unaka's qb really shined. Very accurate and good velocity on almost all his throws. The Price kid from Hamp. looked good most of the time too. We still need to improve our play at the qb position but we are getting there. It is the timing we struggled with I thought. We had guys open but found them just a little late and that allowed the def. to recover. I still think the passing league games helps your def. backs more than your offense. It makes them have to cover in space which is one of the HARDEST things to do on a football field. Good job by all of the teams. I hope all the games this fall are as competitive.

• 1 month later...

After further reveiw, whats peoples opinions now. It looks like it will be Hampton . The rest is sort of jumbled up to me. Still think Cloudland is the 2ond best but the loss at Unaka hurts in a bad way. Not sure if they will be able to mount the troops much longer, I'd give the nod to Unaka over Cosby The new coach is gong a good job..Some things are not going the way I thought it would. But good luck to all the teams.

No doubt that everybody else is playing for second, but I think our tough first 3 games will really help us down the stretch. Keep in mind I'm not saying we will beat the Landers or the Rangers, I'm just saying that the stout competion we played early has helped our kids become more confident in what we're doing, and we've gotten better every week, so it should be interesting down the stretch. :roflol:

No doubt that everybody else is playing for second, but I think our tough first 3 games will really help us down the stretch. Keep in mind I'm not saying we will beat the Landers or the Rangers, I'm just saying that the stout competion we played early has helped our kids become more confident in what we're doing, and we've gotten better every week, so it should be interesting down the stretch. :thumb:

I do think the games could go either way, its not out of the question you fellers could beat both of um. Cloudland is most likely going to lose again this week, 3 losses in a row is going to hurt. The worst part is , I'm sure they thought they were going to win 2 of um.

First of all I don't know what's going on at Cloudland, these same boys in junior high didn't lose a game. They have alot of seniors, I think 12 or 13 and for a small school that is alot. From what it looks like right now they will be hard pressed to win half their games. I still think they will beat cosby, but I also thought they would beat Unaka. Preseason coaches poll had cosby first, cloudland second, and hampton third.

First of all I don't know what's going on at Cloudland, these same boys in junior high didn't lose a game. They have alot of seniors, I think 12 or 13 and for a small school that is alot. From what it looks like right now they will be hard pressed to win half their games. I still think they will beat cosby, but I also thought they would beat Unaka. Preseason coaches poll had cosby first, cloudland second, and hampton third.

:D That shows you how reliable polls are. I know yall are going solely on how we looked against yall, but we're not as bad as we looked that night, you have to remember we were coming off a game at GP, who like yall is big and physical, and we really played well against their run game, but it certainly took its toll on our smaller front, then you guys came callin' and beat us up pretty good, and we didn't help ourselves any with the turnovers we had, I'm certainly not saying we would've beat yall, but we could have made it more competitive without the turnovers, but I think we are a different team now, and I'm not basing that on the fact we beat Hancock Co, We played well against PF but give them a short field 3 times and didn't score inside the Red Zone twice against them, so we could've and I think should've won that game as well, but who knows we'll see in about a week and a half, good luck to all region teams this week, we are out of conference against Chuckey-Doak and I know Hampton is also out of conference, and it sounds like the Landers are as well, but good luck and prayers for injury free games! :blink:

The real question to me is,who will make the playoffs. Cloudland is pretty much a lock. 2 of the 2a teams will get in and it looks like it will come down to either Cosby or Unaka. The next region down is looking like they will only have 1 2a team unless they recieve a wildcard. If that were to happen we could be getting our 6th team from the Chattanoga area. Thats aslot of travel for someone. This is going to be ,one screwed up mess.

The real question to me is,who will make the playoffs. Cloudland is pretty much a lock. 2 of the 2a teams will get in and it looks like it will come down to either Cosby or Unaka. The next region down is looking like they will only have 1 2a team unless they recieve a wildcard. If that were to happen we could be getting our 6th team from the Chattanoga area. Thats aslot of travel for someone. This is going to be ,one screwed up mess.

I fail to see how Cloudland is a "lock." Didn't they just get beat by Unaka, who I'm pretty sure is a region team, and they still have to play us and Hampton, I love the fact that you think that they are that much better than us, and their own fans are talking about all the trouble they are having on offense, if you can't score you can't win. I know they are not nearly as big as yall and we've added some wrinkles defensively that could give them trouble, but the fact that they are a "lock" is hilarious!! :flower:

I fail to see how Cloudland is a "lock." Didn't they just get beat by Unaka, who I'm pretty sure is a region team, and they still have to play us and Hampton, I love the fact that you think that they are that much better than us, and their own fans are talking about all the trouble they are having on offense, if you can't score you can't win. I know they are not nearly as big as yall and we've added some wrinkles defensively that could give them trouble, but the fact that they are a "lock" is hilarious!! :flower:

They don't have to win but 1 game to be a lock,all they have to do is beat Hancock. Crazy but true. Another thing is ,Forget Grace going to the 4th round as they will meet SP early .These playoffs arte going to be a mess.

I fail to see how Cloudland is a "lock." Didn't they just get beat by Unaka, who I'm pretty sure is a region team, and they still have to play us and Hampton, I love the fact that you think that they are that much better than us, and their own fans are talking about all the trouble they are having on offense, if you can't score you can't win. I know they are not nearly as big as yall and we've added some wrinkles defensively that could give them trouble, but the fact that they are a "lock" is hilarious!! :popcorneater:

They don't have to win but 1 game to be a lock,all they have to do is beat Hancock. Crazy but true. Another thing is ,Forget Grace going to the 4th round as they will meet SP early .These playoffs arte going to be a mess.

Is it because they are the only other 1-A school? Thats the only thing it could be right? :popcorneater: