3 Tennessee kids reach elite status

orangeblur

this is ridiculous that you and noles are going on such a soapbox. THEY ARE SOPHOMORES. geez. give it time. if the guys are as good as noles states, he'll get his recognition... in a year or two! i know every fan wants to see their player in the news/paper/internet all the time, but you cant honestly expect a sophomore to get such recognition besides a blurb or two. of course there are going to be overrated and underrated players. if you really have it down to a science, make your own recruiting site. sounds like you have some sort of grudge. get over the maryville/alcoa thing.

oh, what about the kid from davidson who had one one of the highest rushing totals in the nation??!?!? he was a sophomore right?

Who cares remember THEY ARE SOPHOMORES get off your soapbox itn't this what you said. I don't not care about Maryville or Alcoa. Sounds like you are recuiting to. Practice what you preach or don't get on here at all. Like your second quote.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

It is sad when players get overlooked by colleges. Heck, UT does it all the time with players in their backyard. I think it is even more sad when the local media focuses on just a few instead of really looking for the talented hs athletes. Time after time, the Friday night sports shows are so locked in that they miss mentioning the night's standouts in order to report stats, good or bad, for the "elite" few.

Can anyone name some local players that went on to a D1 school and made an impact? Like the running back from Knox Central and the OL that came from Clinton that both went to Vandy?

Everybody only focuses on the teams out in knoxville,chatanoga,& memphis regions...NOBODY gives the kids in nashville any credit except for schools like hillsboro, mba, or brentwood academy...What about players in metro. They have plenty of talent coming out of McGavock,Hunters Lane, Overton, Antioch. For example nobody gives enough credit to a player like cody mckinley of McGavock who was moved up to varsity midway through the season to take the senior quarterback's spot. Then his sophmore year is placed into a bad situation with coaching changes but still provides the team with 840 pass yards and 9 touchdowns with a mediocre line and backs.

You are correct McGavock and i think until some of those schools play for a state championship its going to be that way.....sad, but true. Teams that have alot of success, get more attention it seems.

Can anyone name some local players that went on to a D1 school and made an impact? Like the running back from Knox Central and the OL that came from Clinton that both went to Vandy?

Here are a few recent examples i think:

Reynolds (OL) just graduated from UNC and had a great career

Harrison Smith (DB) from Catholic will start and contribute for Notre Dame

Colquitt (P/K) from Bearden had an up and down career at UT

Here are a few recent examples i think:

Reynolds (OL) just graduated from UNC and had a great career

Harrison Smith (DB) from Catholic will start and contribute for Notre Dame

Colquitt (P/K) from Bearden had an up and down career at UT

Thats what i am getting at. You can use a school from Florida as an example and that one high school might have 6 or more players in a D1 school. The talent level in GA, FL, TX places like that just seem to be at a different level.

terrence scott from knox central led Oregon in receiving in '08

baron huber from both powell and central plays at FB for Alabama

brandon fanney from Morristown West started in '08 at DE for Bama also

aaron douglas from maryville will play OT this year at UT...

but i agree, those that think the talent in TN is overlooked are out of their minds...like to see those people go to a HS game in FL, GA, LA, TX, and even AL

terrence scott from knox central led Oregon in receiving in '08

baron huber from both powell and central plays at FB for Alabama

brandon fanney from Morristown West started in '08 at DE for Bama also

aaron douglas from maryville will play OT this year at UT...

but i agree, those that think the talent in TN is overlooked are out of their minds...like to see those people go to a HS game in FL, GA, LA, TX, and even AL

There are some great players in the state of tennessee

There are some great players in the state of tennessee

agree....the state is overlooked because people think this is their grandad's version of TN HS football...alot of talent in 2010 and 2011.....

What kind of 40 speed has Devrin got ? He was very fast against us,and is a very good athlete.

4.4-4.45...he run the 100M in 10.7 and the 200M in 22.13 those are frosh times...he didnt run track as a soph