Fairview HC Resigns!

fviewallday

A shock to all YellowJacket fans!!!! Coach Whitefield tendered his resignation Thursday as Head Football coach effective immediately. The administration (AD included) forced him to make decisions against his best judgment on the facilitation of the football program. The major conflict between the two parties was the Administration forcing Coach Whitfield to bring the MS Head Coach onto his staff without him having any say in the matter. This might cause some to say, "well that should not be an issue." However, the MS coach was the other finalist for the HC job 2 years ago. He accepted an offer to be an assistant on the HS staff in the past but left after a week, and has consistently attempted to undermine the HS staff in hopes of eventually being elevated to the HC position. How do you think he'll play along if he knows he's untouchable? and all this after Coach Whitefield was promised upon taking the position that he'd have the authority to Hire/Fire as he saw fit. Over the last two years Whitefield has sent 6 resumes of qualified teachers/coaches to be considered by the admin...not one was given a second look by the admin.

The student-athletes at Fairview have been done a disservice by the administration once again. They have continued to grow even through a revolving door at the HC position brought on by an admin with a skewed view of the importance of a solid and stable football program. Fairview is a goldmine mired by issues that might not be worth the headache for an incoming coach.

Having talked to Coach Whitefield personally I can tell he was totally taken off guard, but felt he was put in a position where he would have to compromise is principals. He has not been looking for other jobs and was excited about Fairview's future. He said he will stay committed to the Kids and the offseason weights program until a replacement can be found.

Hang in There Jackets,

Fviewallday

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shock to all YellowJacket fans!!!! Coach Whitefield tendered his resignation Thursday as Head Football coach effective immediately. The administration (AD included) forced him to make decisions against his best judgment on the facilitation of the football program. The major conflict between the two parties was the Administration forcing Coach Whitfield to bring the MS Head Coach onto his staff without him having any say in the matter. This might cause some to say, "well that should not be an issue." However, the MS coach was the other finalist for the HC job 2 years ago. He accepted an offer to be an assistant on the HS staff in the past but left after a week, and has consistently attempted to undermine the HS staff in hopes of eventually being elevated to the HC position. How do you think he'll play along if he knows he's untouchable? and all this after Coach Whitefield was promised upon taking the position that he'd have the authority to Hire/Fire as he saw fit. Over the last two years Whitefield has sent 6 resumes of qualified teachers/coaches to be considered by the admin...not one was given a second look by the admin.

The student-athletes at Fairview have been done a disservice by the administration once again. They have continued to grow even through a revolving door at the HC position brought on by an admin with a skewed view of the importance of a solid and stable football program. Fairview is a goldmine mired by issues that might not be worth the headache for an incoming coach.

Having talked to Coach Whitefield personally I can tell he was totally taken off guard, but felt he was put in a position where he would have to compromise is principals. He has not been looking for other jobs and was excited about Fairview's future. He said he will stay committed to the Kids and the offseason weights program until a replacement can be found.

Hang in There Jackets,

Fviewallday

Whats up with the Principal and the Middle School football coach? Is he somehow connected to him or what? Doesnt he realize (the principal) that in all likelyhood he just fired himself?

Unbelievable! I hated to hear this. Maybe the players can rally together. They were on the up swing for sure. Hope this doesn't disrupt the team. Leave it to the adults in power to mess up something they don't live day to day.

Still think they are going to be strong, unless whoever takes over tries to change everything to fit their personally.

Good luck!

If the information in this post as to why Coach Whitefield resigned is accurate, then the admin. has made a big mistake. Shame on them for putting their program and players in this position...........

Best of luck to Coach Whitefield.......... I am sure that he will land on his feet, Fairview's loss will be some fortunate programs gain. Whitefield is a great coach and a class act.

So does this mean the MS coach is going to get the job?

I imagine he is probably the front runner...

We can only hope that another of the assistants will put in for the job. They have a Great man on staff, King, who has been their through the last 5 HCs. he's been their for 10-11 years now, loves Fairview and wants the best for the team. exactly the reasons the admin will probably go in another direction.

and to answer another question. the MS HC and the HS AD are good buds. shameful small town politics in my opinion.

Being from Independence this drew my attention because the Fairview Middle coach attended a couple of games this fall at IHS. There were rumors coming around that he would be our new OC next year. I guess that was false. Looks like he has landed a nice job in Fairview. Stinks for the coach going out. I saw the story in the Tennessean and the Fairview principal said he had no idea why the coach would resign. Something seems kind of fishy on the western half of the county. Surprise this has not gotten more interest.

Fairview Coach Resigns

Being from Independence this drew my attention because the Fairview Middle coach attended a couple of games this fall at IHS. There were rumors coming around that he would be our new OC next year. I guess that was false. Looks like he has landed a nice job in Fairview. Stinks for the coach going out. I saw the story in the Tennessean and the Fairview principal said he had no idea why the coach would resign. Something seems kind of fishy on the western half of the county. Surprise this has not gotten more interest.

Fairview Coach Resigns

"There were rumors coming around that he would be our new OC next year."

SAY WHAT? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />