11AA

utvols04

Cheatham Co. will beat Harpeth for the 4th consecutive time, and it will be 5 out of 6 overall dating back to the beginning of last season, when the two teams meet up for the District 11-AA Championship. Fenner, Felker, Erland, and both Millers are quality basketball players who have been part of a good run of success at Harpeth under Drew Johnson but it's like I stated last week. Phil Carr = "A Basketball God". All the Lady Cubs have done since he and Harden have been there for the last 20 years is win games........PERIOD! This group of Lady Cubs seniors have owned Harpeth over their final two seasons at CCCHS. Sara Doty, Shelby Marvel, Hanna Tweedy, Lizzie Walker, Meredith Hunt, Chelsea Olds, and Rachel Balthrop have all had one fact of life pounded into their brains while playing for Carr & Harden. BEAT HARPETH!!!!! This group will go out in style and be remembered for winning back-to-back District 11-AA Championships. I wouldn't be shocked if both teams go on to enjoy plenty of success during the Regional Tourney and wind up playing one another in about a week or so for that Championship.

As far as Waverly Central goes, I stated on one of the first pages of this topic that I thought Marva Rawlings was without question the District 11-AA Coach of the Year. I am not backing off of that statement today either. People who don't have a clue should know that her Lady Tigerettes lost their TOP 7 PLAYERS from last years Regional Tournament team. There were many who picked Waverly to be a 6th or 7th place team in the district back during the preseason. I also agree with a previous poster that had slotted Kati Prince as the MVP of the district. She is a fine basketball player and in plain and simple terms can only be described as a WINNER!

While I say that about Waverly the fact is that I am picking Sycamore to beat them tomorrow in the consolation game. The Lady War Eagles will likely have the services of one of the Bliss sisters. With all of the injuries to his basketball team and all of the personal issues that he has had to face this season one would have to commend the job that Mike Miller & Co. have done this season. Credit should go out to the players like Ellis, Barksdale, and Seagroves for the great jobs that they have done in stepping up their individual games this season. That is why Sycamore is still playing on the girls side of the bracket this postseason.

So much for what you know.

Waverly beats sycamore by around 20 pts and harpeth took care of cheatham almost as easy.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheatham Co. will beat Harpeth for the 4th consecutive time, and it will be 5 out of 6 overall dating back to the beginning of last season, when the two teams meet up for the District 11-AA Championship. Fenner, Felker, Erland, and both Millers are quality basketball players who have been part of a good run of success at Harpeth under Drew Johnson but it's like I stated last week. Phil Carr = "A Basketball God". All the Lady Cubs have done since he and Harden have been there for the last 20 years is win games........PERIOD! This group of Lady Cubs seniors have owned Harpeth over their final two seasons at CCCHS. Sara Doty, Shelby Marvel, Hanna Tweedy, Lizzie Walker, Meredith Hunt, Chelsea Olds, and Rachel Balthrop have all had one fact of life pounded into their brains while playing for Carr & Harden. BEAT HARPETH!!!!! This group will go out in style and be remembered for winning back-to-back District 11-AA Championships. I wouldn't be shocked if both teams go on to enjoy plenty of success during the Regional Tourney and wind up playing one another in about a week or so for that Championship.

As far as Waverly Central goes, I stated on one of the first pages of this topic that I thought Marva Rawlings was without question the District 11-AA Coach of the Year. I am not backing off of that statement today either. People who don't have a clue should know that her Lady Tigerettes lost their TOP 7 PLAYERS from last years Regional Tournament team. There were many who picked Waverly to be a 6th or 7th place team in the district back during the preseason. I also agree with a previous poster that had slotted Kati Prince as the MVP of the district. She is a fine basketball player and in plain and simple terms can only be described as a WINNER!

While I say that about Waverly the fact is that I am picking Sycamore to beat them tomorrow in the consolation game. The Lady War Eagles will likely have the services of one of the Bliss sisters. With all of the injuries to his basketball team and all of the personal issues that he has had to face this season one would have to commend the job that Mike Miller & Co. have done this season. Credit should go out to the players like Ellis, Barksdale, and Seagroves for the great jobs that they have done in stepping up their individual games this season. That is why Sycamore is still playing on the girls side of the bracket this postseason.

Obviously, Cheatham County and Sycamore missed the memo. Waverly dominated Sycamore from start to finish and Harpeth comes out in second half and dominates the Lady Cubs holding them to 6 points in second half. And once again, Coach Carr proves that he is a sore loser. I watched as he shook the coaches hands and walked away from the Harpeth girls. Then he and the two other CC coaches left their girls and sat away from the bench. I think CC girls deserve better. He does have good teams but needs an attitude adjustment in my opinion. Congratulations to Coach Rawlings on her coach of year award, like I called it last week.

Dang. Waverly over Sycamore was predictable. Becca in the middle is what makes Sycamore go and Waverly is playing good ball down the stretch.

I'm not going to beat Catfish up on the Harpeth-Cheatham prediction too much. Harpeth should have beaten Cheatham at Cheatham when the Lady Indians fell apart with the lead. Looks like that helped them in the post season.

Keep your focus girls. Keep playing good ball.

Is this where I insert how short sighted the school board was when it built 2 new high schools in Cheatham County with gyms too small to host post season games?

When I am wrong I will say it, and I was wrong. Cheatham blew up and Harpeth jumped on it. Congrats to Harpeth, hold your head high Cheatham, you had a great season. Put this behind you and look forward to your next game. Good luck to both teams.

But a BIG congrats to Ms Lizzie Walker on being named MVP, and to all the girls who made all district and all tournament.

1st Team All-District 11AA MVP Lizzie Walker; Hanna Tweedy-CCC; Katie Pacifici-CW; Haley Felker-HA; Sara Bliss-SY;Kati Prince-WA.

COY Marva Rawlings-Waverly

2nd team: Sarah Collins-CW; Karley Miller-HA; Emily Erland-HA; Mariah Flake-MC; Allison Miller-MC; Christy Steele-SC; Allison Nutt-FV

All Tournament: Tourney MVP Karley Miller-Harpeth; Kati Prince-WA; Caroline Collomp-WA; Shawna Ellis-SY; Ashley Barksdale-SY; Sarah Doty-CCC; Lizzie Walker-CCC; Hanna Tweedy-CCC; Haley Felker-HA; Mary Ann Finner-HA; Katie Miller-HA.

Congrats and best of luck to all teams and coaches. Dominate Region Play.

30PEACE!!!!

Quote "So much for what you know.

Waverly beats sycamore by around 20 pts and harpeth took care of cheatham almost as easy."

Waverly beating Sycamore was a gimme, those girls cant take that rough play. Harpeth beating Cheatham wasn't a gimme. Cheatham fell apart, I wasnt there but heard the girls came out cold in the second half, happens to the best of teams, Harpeth jumped on it. I listened on the radio, seemed to me the fouls were also pretty one sided. I say congrats to Harpeth, but Cheatham is still the better team. Just hard to beat the same team 3 times in a row. Good luck to all in the region. We shall see who advances from there.

Quote "So much for what you know.

Waverly beats sycamore by around 20 pts and harpeth took care of cheatham almost as easy."

Waverly beating Sycamore was a gimme, those girls cant take that rough play. Harpeth beating Cheatham wasn't a gimme. Cheatham fell apart, I wasnt there but heard the girls came out cold in the second half, happens to the best of teams, Harpeth jumped on it. I listened on the radio, seemed to me the fouls were also pretty one sided. I say congrats to Harpeth, but Cheatham is still the better team. Just hard to beat the same team 3 times in a row. Good luck to all in the region. We shall see who advances from there.

The Waverly - Sycamore game had less than 20 fouls total. Neither team gets into the bonus in the first half and less than 20 free throws combined for the entire game. That was some "rough" game. Each slur you throw out about Waverly makes you a bigger and bigger joke. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well PhilMeyer looks like your a Waverly fan now. Hope that is okay with you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seriously what do you expect you come on this board and imply that Waverly's success is luck and then imply that that their players are dirty. Where is your proof. No technicals, no ejections, no fouls called for elbows. Now what do I expect. One support the teams you like (Cheatham and Houston County-who by the way I know has battled injuries this year and still fought hard and who I wish best of luck to in their region tournament.) Two quit suggesting a team with a winning record did so with luck it just makes you look silly. Third don't make accusations you have no proof of, it just makes you sound bitter. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I've always been a Waverly fan other than when you play Harpeth. I know several people from that area and one of the coaches there went way out of their way to help one of my children so I'll always be thankful for that. Extremely proud of the Lady Indians and what a second half performance. Good win for Waverly also, but now it looks as if we might match up for the 4th time in the region semifinals. Will be hard to beat you 4 times. How is Camden? Congratulations to all the teams and best of luck in the regions.

I've always been a Waverly fan other than when you play Harpeth. I know several people from that area and one of the coaches there went way out of their way to help one of my children so I'll always be thankful for that. Extremely proud of the Lady Indians and what a second half performance. Good win for Waverly also, but now it looks as if we might match up for the 4th time in the region semifinals. Will be hard to beat you 4 times. How is Camden? Congratulations to all the teams and best of luck in the regions.

Camden is a slightly above average team. Waverly split with them during the season, but there is a huge rivalry factor between these two schools, I think that always makes a difference in play. Harpeth should beat them, but should in no way overlook them. If Camden gets hot from the shooting field it is tough to keep up, but they lack in defense. Harpeth is a more solid team.

The Waverly - Sycamore game had less than 20 fouls total. Neither team gets into the bonus in the first half and less than 20 free throws combined for the entire game. That was some "rough" game. Each slur you throw out about Waverly makes you a bigger and bigger joke. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Awwwww, now you have hurt my feelings.......................... lolololol Get a life, admit whats in your face.