What Now for Anderson Co.?

InsideOut1

Played bad for 3 quaters against the hated fighting irish and put it together in the 4th. Team just seems to play as 5 players on the court, not as a team. NO togetherness and seem to be out for ones best interest, not the teams. They take 6-8 terrible shots a quater whether its longmire pulling from deep or rorex forcing shots up, cross seems to flick it anytime he want also(never pretends to play defence). Never the less they also seem to pull it out when they need one. How far can they go?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played bad for 3 quaters against the hated fighting irish and put it together in the 4th. Team just seems to play as 5 players on the court, not as a team. NO togetherness and seem to be out for ones best interest, not the teams. They take 6-8 terrible shots a quater whether its longmire pulling from deep or rorex forcing shots up, cross seems to flick it anytime he want also(never pretends to play defence). Never the less they also seem to pull it out when they need one. How far can they go?

insideout, are you an AC fan, or are you just trying to stir things up? i agree, AC can and will force shots at times; but how can you knock a team that put it together to pull off the win at catholic? catholic is pretty darn good and will prove to be a tough team to handle throughout the remainder of the season. good luck to the irish and mavs!

insideout, are you an AC fan, or are you just trying to stir things up? i agree, AC can and will force shots at times; but how can you knock a team that put it together to pull off the win at catholic? catholic is pretty darn good and will prove to be a tough team to handle throughout the remainder of the season. good luck to the irish and mavs!

I would not go as far as to say catholic is a "pretty darn good". I would say average at best. They have a pretty good big but not too much in the back court with Walden gone. I think that you would agree at the Catholic is down compared to years past. It just seems Wallace has very little respect from his players, you can often times see players roll their eyes in the huddle and just bad body language from them.

I would not go as far as to say catholic is a "pretty darn good". I would say average at best. They have a pretty good big but not too much in the back court with Walden gone. I think that you would agree at the Catholic is down compared to years past. It just seems Wallace has very little respect from his players, you can often times see players roll their eyes in the huddle and just bad body language from them.

Catholic is having down year at 11-5. Wow. It seems to me they play good defense. If they hit their free-throws AC loses. They made a great comeback in the 4th and it was all Rorex, whether or not that was by design, I don't know. He is an incredible talent. KCHS did put him at the line he was 10-19 or something like that and made them when he needed them. KCHS was 17-32 too many missed FT's. Good luck the rest of the season. Oh by the way the district tournament is at Catholic so hopefully that average down team can make a move. I think the kids at AC play hard for Coach Wallace, he does a great job on the bench. What teenager doesn't roll his eyes at their coach, watch a girls game happens all the time lol.

AC lost a ton of guys from last season's successful team and your complaining about how their winning. Have you looked at their losses. 6 losses -- 2 to AE(#1 in State), 2 to Fulton(top 5 in State & State Champs), 1 to Grace(# 7 in State) and one to County rival Clinton. They are having a great season and seem to be coming together of late. Who's Price? He scored 27 the night before Catholic against Stone who was the top team in district. If I've heard right Rorex and Longmire have not been starting due to Coach Wallace's decision. It does not sound like anyone is running this team besides the coaches. You however sound like a player who is not seeing the floor much or who has quit, or possibly a parent of one of those two things. Grow Up Yourself!

AC lost a ton of guys from last season's successful team and your complaining about how their winning. Have you looked at their losses. 6 losses -- 2 to AE(#1 in State), 2 to Fulton(top 5 in State & State Champs), 1 to Grace(# 7 in State) and one to County rival Clinton. They are having a great season and seem to be coming together of late. Who's Price? He scored 27 the night before Catholic against Stone who was the top team in district. If I've heard right Rorex and Longmire have not been starting due to Coach Wallace's decision. It does not sound like anyone is running this team besides the coaches. You however sound like a player who is not seeing the floor much or who has quit, or possibly a parent of one of those two things. Grow Up Yourself!

You are right a loss to an already 10 loss Clinton team, (another game in which terrible shot selection played a huge role) They have a 30 point beat down by Fulton and a 24 point thumping and the hands of AE. Anderson County will make is to the same point they have made it for the last 6-7 years. They will lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the region.

InsideOut your ignorance of AC basketball is obviously evident. Wallace does a great job getting these kids to play. You talk about the Clinton loss, if you were there you would of seen a Clinton team that played unbelievable, and Lockard probably coached the best game he has coached in a long time. Catholic is always going to be a good team because they have a coach in Hutchens that knows how to get the best out of his players. You need to learn a little more about basketball before getting on here and bashing teams and coaches. Anderson County will be fine, and you never know how they will fair in the region.

InsideOut your ignorance of AC basketball is obviously evident. Wallace does a great job getting these kids to play. You talk about the Clinton loss, if you were there you would of seen a Clinton team that played unbelievable, and Lockard probably coached the best game he has coached in a long time. Catholic is always going to be a good team because they have a coach in Hutchens that knows how to get the best out of his players. You need to learn a little more about basketball before getting on here and bashing teams and coaches. Anderson County will be fine, and you never know how they will fair in the region.

They have not won a game they should not have won (being the underdog) Ex. Fulton and A.E.- yes, both are very good teams but A.C. should not lose by a combined 54 to those two teams in 2 games. They have lost 2 games they should have won. Ex Clinton and Grace- Yes, Grace is good but they are single A, as talented a team A.C. has they should not being losing to single A teams, Agreed? No reason they should have been down 13 to Catholic heading into the 4th. They play with no passion or want too.

I personally think this year catholic team is better than a couple of the previous years. and ive been around the district for awhile now. they are better without walden and conaty. they play better as a team where last year it was walden and conaty just jacking up shots wherever. they are better this year and you better watch out for them in the district tourney. how about you watcha little more around the district before you critisize teams.

Go Stone!!!

I personally think this year catholic team is better than a couple of the previous years. and ive been around the district for awhile now. they are better without walden and conaty. they play better as a team where last year it was walden and conaty just jacking up shots wherever. they are better this year and you better watch out for them in the district tourney. how about you watcha little more around the district before you critisize teams.

Go Stone!!!

I just dont see how you can be a better team without a first team all district performer like Ryan Walden. He was with out a doubt a better back court player than any they have now! So how can you be better without your number one scorer, shooter, assist man, and best basketball player, please tell me that?

Anderson County is fine and will continue to improve. Keep in mind they are replacing a very talented front court with the loss of White, Sharp and Gouldie and those guys aren't easily replaced. They have dealt with injuries to Rorex and others which made some early games an experiment. All teams in this district would suffer the same type losses to AE and Fulton. Grace was a state touney team last year and will most likely be back again. Being single A doesn't matter quite as much in basketball as in other sports. A loss to a big rival is going to happen not matter what the records are. Coach Wallace does an excellent job. Maybe being down to Catholic by 13 was the result of playing an intense, hard-fought game against a big district foe in Stone the night before, having a rough shooting game or maybe just struggling at the FT line. Maybe Coach Wallace should have checked in to shoot those FTs they were missing.

I just dont see how you can be a better team without a first team all district performer like Ryan Walden. He was with out a doubt a better back court player than any they have now! So how can you be better without your number one scorer, shooter, assist man, and best basketball player, please tell me that?

Well did you ever see catholic play last year? just asking. but when i saw them numerous times it looked like a two man show and walden was part of that and i saw the stats, he wasnt the leading scorer, shooter, or assist man last year. the only problem was they had 90% of their shots and they just werent a "team". they finished the season 17-12. im just saying id rather have 3 decent guards that play excellent together than one that forces shots. thats just me though

Go Stone!!!