Cody Austell maj.dec. whoever 11-18

Nick Bateman dec Davis Hunt 14-18

Chris Agnew maj dec whoever 18-18

Patrick Marchetti dec Daniel Todd 21-18

Wes Wesley dec John Floyd 24-18

Max Jarrell pin Will Mix 24-24

Cory Norcross maj.dec 28-24

Rylan Browner pin Obi 28-30, MBA

In the absence of any Big Red supporters showing up on the board, somebody has to give them a chance.

Most all of your picks seem logical, although some are a stretch which I understand since the MBA faithful have up and vanished over the last two years. However, the one thing I'm certain about is that Brewer will not lose to Donlon. I know Brewer has been out most of the year with injury, but he is a pretty solid wrestler with a nasty cradle series. I'll say he either majors or pins in his match if he wrestles Donlon.

I'm also not sure if Jarrel will pin Mix. I think, perhaps, only a decision.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love hearing about the rivalries especially between the Simpson brothers and their nephews. it really makes for my favorite match-up. I think it is pretty clear who is favoring who in this thread and honestly, I am impressed to hear that MBA might put up a good fight this year after watching last year's dual (I mean didn't Father Ryan take 2nd place at McCallie?) And I guess MBA did slip up and beat Ensworth and BA (BA was looking really tough early in the year). I also might add that it does make me nervous that MBA fans aren't all over this thread like they usually are. So, i guess my competitive side gets the better of me this time. It would really be a phenomenal feat for MBA to make such a big turn around in just one year, plus i can't help cheering for the younger brother. Needless to say, I think something big is cooking in Nashville and I will definitely be watching it on the internet again.

does anyone have upset predictions.

i got brian murphy over simpson at 130

and will mix over jarrel at 189

Wow! I don't think that I am alone when I say those are some outrageous predictions. I mean that doesn't mean it can't happen, but anyone in their right mind wouldn't make this prediction. So....

Are you really predicting a loss from a Simpson(MBA). Last time I checked that little Simpson has not not even been taken to the second period in any of his dual meet matches against Ryan!

Then you pick Mix over a returning state Champ! I don't know.

Well lets not let our emotions over rule our reason when it comes to posting upsets. I also notice how you knew he first and last name of the Ryan wrestlers while only knowing the MBA kids by there last name. Hmmm.... sounds like Chuck and Freestyle are sipping the same kool-aid.

Good luck to both teams and may the Lord protect them tonight.

Wow! I don't think that I am alone when I say those are some outrageous predictions. I mean that doesn't mean it can't happen, but anyone in their right mind wouldn't make this prediction. So....

Are you really predicting a loss from a Simpson(MBA). Last time I checked that little Simpson has not not even been taken to the second period in any of his dual meet matches against Ryan!

Then you pick Mix over a returning state Champ! I don't know.

Well lets not let our emotions over rule our reason when it comes to posting upsets. I also notice how you knew he first and last name of the Ryan wrestlers while only knowing the MBA kids by there last name. Hmmm.... sounds like Chuck and Freestyle are sipping the same kool-aid.

Good luck to both teams and may the Lord protect them tonight.

Well if we're talking about outrageous predictions, rfran's prediction of an upset at 103 would fit that category. MOSLEY won by major dec.

Well it looks like Simpson went all three tonight, Jarrel and Mix didnt wrestle. Let me say that by saying Jeff Francis is wrestling poorly, I mean he is not as sharp as he was in years past, but his poor is good enough to beat 90 percent of the kids in the state. Francis is a great wrestler and I am personally a big fan of his. Moseley getting beat by Davidson?? THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS. Never the less he was not pinned, which is a victory in a way. Wes Wesley took it to Max Jarrel at 189 despite the 20 pound weight advantage for Jarrel. Both wrestled a great match and it was exciting to watch.

Well it looks like Simpson went all three tonight, Jarrel and Mix didnt wrestle. Let me say that by saying Jeff Francis is wrestling poorly, I mean he is not as sharp as he was in years past, but his poor is good enough to beat 90 percent of the kids in the state. Francis is a great wrestler and I am personally a big fan of his. Moseley getting beat by Davidson?? THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS. Never the less he was not pinned, which is a victory in a way. Wes Wesley took it to Max Jarrel at 189 despite the 20 pound weight advantage for Jarrel. Both wrestled a great match and it was exciting to watch.

Jeff Francis has a very hurt back and took the whole summer off, never the less the hip injury from freshman year is still bothering him. I dont know how much Wes Wesley weighs but Jarrel usually weighs around 180

Jeff Francis has a very hurt back and took the whole summer off, never the less the hip injury from freshman year is still bothering him. I dont know how much Wes Wesley weighs but Jarrel usually weighs around 180

If he only weighs 180 he must have hollow bones. He looks to be huge at 189 , bigger than many 215 lbers.