who will win state championship in all classes

jcbiggestfan

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Memphis Central and OR are drawn into the same bracket? No dream championship game. Also, OR must improve their team defense in order to even make it to the Boro as evidenced by their performance @ West and also vs Clinton last week. They proved last year that they could not handle strong post players in the game vs Wilson Central. It will be interesting to see how they handle the post game of MWest when and if they get to play. The only way they would play before the boro would be if one of them suffers a loss in the region final and the other wins the region final, then we got a substate matchup.

What if Memphis Central and OR are drawn into the same bracket? No dream championship game. Also, OR must improve their team defense in order to even make it to the Boro as evidenced by their performance @ West and also vs Clinton last week. They proved last year that they could not handle strong post players in the game vs Wilson Central. It will be interesting to see how they handle the post game of MWest when and if they get to play. The only way they would play before the boro would be if one of them suffers a loss in the region final and the other wins the region final, then we got a substate matchup.

As a person that has seen every Oak Ridge game this year, I don't know how more people are not talking about them right now as a real possibility for AAA. As for our defense, it is greatly improving (especially compared to last year which you don't need to compare to since we have an entire year of experience since then. With the West and Clinton game, you can not judge our defense adequately since we didn't have our Senior Post Kierra Johnson. Coach Prudden will tell you that our defense has been far from stellar, but it is a constant work at practice and I believe that having a senior led team that has been to the state tournament two times, will greatly help prepare them for the road through the tourneys to get to the state.

Wasn't Shelbyville big and strong, too? OR beat them last year at state. OR is more mature this year and better. I think this year's tournament will be great, but the only team I see challenging OR is Central. Plus, OR handled some strong teams in Christ the King and Woodson before falling to Regis Jesuit and Bolingbrook(two very strong teams.)

Wasn't Shelbyville big and strong, too? OR beat them last year at state. OR is more mature this year and better. I think this year's tournament will be great, but the only team I see challenging OR is Central. Plus, OR handled some strong teams in Christ the King and Woodson before falling to Regis Jesuit and Bolingbrook(two very strong teams.)

what about knox. west!! didn't they "challenge" your little oak ridge (average team losing only on a last second shot). plenty of teams can play with oak ridge. wide open for aaa title.

what about knox. west!! didn't they "challenge" your little oak ridge (average team losing only on a last second shot). plenty of teams can play with oak ridge. wide open for aaa title.

Yes, Knox West is a very good team, but a major factor as I stated earlier was that we were without our veteran post Kierra Johnson which would have done major things to help shut down West's big girl down low that had 25 points in the game. I am not trying to say that Oak Ridge is the almighty, just telling the facts of how they have been playing and what is going for them.

I think it may be best that Memphis Central and Oak Ridge play out the fantasy AAA state championship here on CoachT. I'm sure they both have great teams, wonderful coaches, loyal fans, and talented players.

But....history ain't on their side. Middle Tennessee has won the last 6 AAA gold balls and 10 out of the last 11.

A Memphis team hasn't won AAA in 24 years. But maybe this is the year. I don't pretend to know. That's why they play the tourney. I do know that sometimes when you fatten up the team resume with weak-sister opponents, it is easy and understandable to get a false idea about the strength of your team.

Pretty presumptious to ignore the midstate teams. I say one of them will heft the golden hardware again.

But...good luck and good health to all.

What if Memphis Central and OR are drawn into the same bracket? No dream championship game. Also, OR must improve their team defense in order to even make it to the Boro as evidenced by their performance @ West

Umm, you started a tread bashing the Oak Ridge students who called the game versus West saying, "In trying to listen to the broadcast of the OR game vs. West it is very hard to follow as it seems that the announcers are in the learn as we go stage of their careers. "

If the students did such a bad job of calling the game on the internet, how could you intellectually form an informed opinion on how the Oak Ridge defense played? Also, do you often form opinions on teams' strengths and weaknesses by listening to the internet?

Maybe the next time you post about how you think Oak Ridge played you would include the fact you did not actually see the game but listened to it on the internet.

That being said, I SURE HOPE THE LADY WILDCATS ARE SPENDING GUT BUSTING HOURS AFTER HOURS WORKING ON THEIR DEFENSE! I have yet to see a basketball team TOO good a defense.

~~Go Lady Wildcats, Hardin Valley and Shelbyville,

Willie the Wildcat

PS

My sleeper pick for a State Champ is....the Wildkittens of Polk County. Their coach has earned this with his life long service to the youth in Southeast Tennessee. Of course, his team brings it every night on the court. Just a bunch of kids everybody can be proud of.

My sleeper pick for a State Champ is....the Wildkittens of Polk County. Their coach has earned this with his life long service to the youth in Southeast Tennessee. Of course, his team brings it every night on the court. Just a bunch of kids everybody can be proud of.

There's no chance polk will make it past mcminn central. central's beaten them twice already, completely dominated them last thursday. central still undefeated also.

Maybe Gibson Co. can pull off 3 wins in Murfreesboro this year.

We got blasted last year against Marshall Co., but we return practically everyone and we have the new addition of Aubrey Reedy in the post than transferred in from Obion Co. We're undefeated and will most likely run the table for the regular season. I see us maybe getting beat once in the District or Regional tournaments against Westview, but we should wind up in Murfreesboro.