who will win state championship in all classes

jcbiggestfan

Sportsczar...I have no dog in this race so don't take this as an attack to your last post. But, the Georgia game you mentioned was at the end of the season where as the Millington-Central game was at the very beginning of the season. Game shape only gets better as the season progresses. Now I am not taking away from Central and not taking up for Millington. Just saying there is a difference in game shape from the first of the season to mid-season to tourney time.

Well that depends on the individual players, but I honor your opinon. Maybe that rematch will happen and the truth will be told.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing that everyone needs to remember about Millington's loss to Memphis Central is this. That was the Trojans 3rd game in less than 24 hours and their 2nd game of the day. They played Friday night at 8 pm, Saturday afternoon at 1 and then Saturday night vs Central at 6. And despite all of that, Millington led going into the 4th qtr. Central had played on Friday but not on Saturday. I am not taking anything away from Central but I would love to play them on a neutral court.

MarkH, it seems like the one thing everyone needs to remember about the Millington loss was Central started 3 seniors and 2 freshman playing their second high school game. I would think the runner up for the gold ball returning all 5 starters with deep postseason experience could or should have taken advantage of that. Do you think the freshman were better in November or now in March? So yes, your post does sound like an excuse for their loss. The result would be the same in Millington, at Central, or on a neutral court. Keep winning, you may get your wish... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ......

The best kept secret this year in most media papers, and etc. is the JC lady blue

devils. They had not played together as a team before, and there has been some

growing pains. They are all coming together rather fast now, beginning to believe

they may be much better, than they even expected. They have the talent

and when they get it all together, someone is going to get squashed. I have

great respect for Clarkrange, but the reason people are coming from everywhere

to see this game, is to see who is going to win. Two great teams. It is who plays

defense, and can put the ball through the net that night. That will be the winner.

They can't double up on defense, two many great players. Stay safe, and show

the Clarkrange people every respect, they will be our guests. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I agree.. If jackson comes out and plays like they can it will be great game to watch .. Jackson county has the fire power to beat C range now if they will thats a different ?. Im anxious to see J county and C range play hopefully for the 4th time this year. I agree that J county is turning the corner at the right time. Good luck Jc

anybodys thoughts on this one?

MOST HOPE AND WOULD LIKE ANYONE BUT SCIENCE HILL HILLTOPPERS THEY START THE MIX IN INDIAN TRAIL AND BY THE TIME THEY GO THRU THE ANCESTRIAL HIKE TO THE HILL THEY ARE PRIMED AND READY TO GO .. NOT ALL BUT MOST ARE THE LOWEST CLASS OF HUMANITY THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN AND AS FOR TURNER HA HA GLAD YOU GOT HIM HE FITS RIGHT IN...................

MarkH, it seems like the one thing everyone needs to remember about the Millington loss was Central started 3 seniors and 2 freshman playing their second high school game. I would think the runner up for the gold ball returning all 5 starters with deep postseason experience could or should have taken advantage of that. Do you think the freshman were better in November or now in March? So yes, your post does sound like an excuse for their loss. The result would be the same in Millington, at Central, or on a neutral court. Keep winning, you may get your wish... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ......

[/quote

I watched Central girls loss and i heard all kind of excuses blaming the Refs call???? I didnt see a bogus call and i was pulling for Central.

MarkH is stating the facts about why Millington wasnt playing the full game as they would if they had fresh legs as Central had. I would garuntee If it were vice versa Central people would be stating the same stuff. Either way hopefully both will meet up again.

This might have been said earlier but thumbs up to all teams that made it this far. After tonight, there will be some very good teams calling it a season. I know it takes SO much work and dedication from the coaches, players, and parents. So regardless of how this evening tiurns out for your team, you should all be very proud of your accomplishments and getting to this point in the season. I hope everyone has a safe and fun game tonight!

Good Luck! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i got to say those mc minn central girls are going to win it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very confused, understanding that games are won and lost on the court - I am hesitant to make this post.

Did Upperman lose anyone from last year or did they find wonderful freshman. I ask because I know McMinn Central has the same team as last year, and in my opinion the semi's determined your champion. I know games are won and lost on the floor, but it seems to me, unless these other teams have the same girls as last year - MC should be at advantage. Just my opinion, let me know why Upperman and others should be so much better, is it school pride and want post or an educated opinion.