Rwood Searching for New HC?

IndyNation

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Blade is indeed a finalist....I see no reason why Ravenwood's next head football coach won't be Scott Blade. Unfortunately, that would also likely put HHS in MAJOR trouble with regards to their football program. We'll see what happens I guess.

Well I see one.....Coach A is also a finalist if this is correct. Also coached at Hillsboro and won a state championship. Experienced. A man that lives in the community.

Well I see one.....Coach A is also a finalist if this is correct. Also coached at Hillsboro and won a state championship. Experienced. A man that lives in the community.

I understand that. However, I also recall Blade doing something Aydelott was unable to do: defeating Maryville for the 4A State Championship. That I believe could give Blade the advantage in such a situation.

NO.

NO.

My guess would be either Thompson from Maplewood or Coach K from Hillsboro. Sorry I dont know his actual last name. I would have said Woodward from Antioch too but I think he is probably pretty happy there. I really cant see anyone else from Metro being qualified for this job. I could see folks like Phillips from Hillwood, Baskin from McGavock, or other assistants putting in for this job I just dont see any of them really making the final list. Not taking anything away from them they just dont have the experience that Coach Blade or Coach A have.

I understand that. However, I also recall Blade doing something Aydelott was unable to do: defeating Maryville for the 4A State Championship. That I believe could give Blade the advantage in such a situation.

Possibly but I really dont think it would. That was a tremendous feat but winning the gold ball period is a tremendous feat. The year Coach A's Hillsboro team won they beat M. West which beat Maryville. Out of all the mentioned coaches so far I would think that Blade would maybe be an easier transition that Coach A simply because of offensive philosophies. But who knows? If Coach Blade does get Ravenwood I really dont think Hillsboro would suffer all that much. They could get another good coach even if they promoted from within (Coach K). What a game that would make for. What a game it will be period if Blade ends up at Ravenwood.

When will final interviews be held and when will there be an announcement made? Will Rector have any input whatsoever like Jack Daniels did?

OK, I have never posted here, but this forced me to. If the names offtackle posted are correct and Crazy Vaden hires Shuman, the big 3 in that region will become the big 2 because RW is going to plunge into the mediocrity that is Cent. and Indy. My question is this, why did no other former Rector staff members apply and if they did why the ___ is Shuman on the list and they aren't. I can't imagine that Woodward wouldn't want out of that paradise that Antioch must be. If he applied and didn't make the cut and Shuman did, Vaden truly has a football IQ of about 7. Offtackle, I hope you are wrong or my alma mater is in serious trouble.

I think the administration will take the path of least resistance and hire from within. I am not sure they want to fill a potential teaching position with a coach. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would have said Woodward from Antioch too but I think he is probably pretty happy there...Not taking anything away from them they just dont have the experience that Coach Blade or Coach A have.

Happier at Antioch than he would be at RW?! Not sure I get that. Blade's been a head coach for 2 or 3 years. How is that a lot of experience?