Rwood Searching for New HC?

IndyNation

I think the administration will take the path of least resistance and hire from within. I am not sure they want to fill a potential teaching position with a coach. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I fear you are right and, if so, it is a sad day for Raptor football. As for the teaching part, Coach Woodward is a great teacher. As for football, he was, basically, Coach Rector??™s asst. HC when he was there and no one is more perfect to lead the program than him. Nothing big against Coach Shuman, but he isn??™t Woodward. Not even close. I got on the phone and talked to several people in the RW community this afternoon and most were shocked to find out that Woodward??™s not one of the finalist. I think a lot of people just assumed he was next in line. There are going to be some very upset people in the community when this becomes official. This isn??™t a knock on Coach Aydelott or Blade, either. They are, I??™m sure, very fine coaches, but they aren??™t ours. Woody is ours and we want him. I know he and Vaden didn??™t part on the best of terms, but she should really put her ego and personal feelings aside and do what's right for the program, the school, and the community. Isn??™t that what leaders do? Someone with brain cells in the front office is going to snatch him up and it??™s going to be Antioch AND RW??™s loss. Whatever happens, good luck Coach. On behalf of your former players and the community - thank you for all you did for us, and if this went down the way I suspect it probably did, we're sorry - for you and for us.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear you are right and, if so, it is a sad day for Raptor football. As for the teaching part, Coach Woodward is a great teacher. As for football, he was, basically, Coach Rector??™s asst. HC when he was there and no one is more perfect to lead the program than him. Nothing big against Coach Shuman, but he isn??™t Woodward. Not even close. I got on the phone and talked to several people in the RW community this afternoon and most were shocked to find out that Woodward??™s not one of the finalist. I think a lot of people just assumed he was next in line. There are going to be some very upset people in the community when this becomes official. This isn??™t a knock on Coach Aydelott or Blade, either. They are, I??™m sure, very fine coaches, but they aren??™t ours. Woody is ours and we want him. I know he and Vaden didn??™t part on the best of terms, but she should really put her ego and personal feelings aside and do what's right for the program, the school, and the community. Isn??™t that what leaders do? Someone with brain cells in the front office is going to snatch him up and it??™s going to be Antioch AND RW??™s loss. Whatever happens, good luck Coach. On behalf of your former players and the community - thank you for all you did for us, and if this went down the way I suspect it probably did, we're sorry - for you and for us.

There is a search committee in place that is managing the interview process. It includes RHS administration, county AD, and 3 members of QB booster club to gain parent input. The best man for the job will be selected based on many criteria and input from the entire committee.

There is a search committee in place that is managing the interview process. It includes RHS administration, county AD, and 3 members of QB booster club to gain parent input. The best man for the job will be selected based on many criteria and input from the entire committee.

They ought to get ol TC Jennings, Daniel Becker, Garret Snoeyenbos. and some of them boy's input. Might not be a bad idea considering they all have a ring and are playing college ball and are smart both on the field and off.

Maybe folks remember when Woodward (fresh off the Ravenwood success) rode into Metro ready to take advantage of the Metro scene, and immediately dominate anyone in his path.............hmmm; appears to be a work still in progress. He has kind of mucked up his resume a bit................dont you think?? Blade and Aydellott have both been in primetime as a HC; Woody has not! sorry, but I am afraid that is how it will appear to a lot of folks.

I talked to a good friend of one of those booster members you mentioned. Let me correct your statement. There WAS a search committee in place that WAS managing the interview process. It INCLUDED RHS administration, county AD, and 3 members of QB booster club to gain parent input. The best man for the job WOULD HAVE BEEN selected based on many criteria and input from the entire committee, had the principal not decided she disliked their input and dismissed them all. According to what I heard, the commitee you're talking about was vetoed and shown the door.

Maybe folks remember when Woodward (fresh off the Ravenwood success) rode into Metro ready to take advantage of the Metro scene, and immediately dominate anyone in his path.............hmmm; appears to be a work still in progress. He has kind of mucked up his resume a bit................dont you think?? Blade and Aydellott have both been in primetime as a HC; Woody has not! sorry, but I am afraid that is how it will appear to a lot of folks.

Let's keep a couple of things in mind here. I would never take anything away from state champion coaches and I definitely wouldn't take anything away from the team that knocked Maryville off, but comparing Antioch to Hillsboro is sort of like apples and oranges. From what I hear, HHS is open zoned and over half of their roster is out of zone. The talent at AHS is WAY down. I saw them play Brentwood and believe me, the days of LaMarcus Coker are a distant memory. I'm not even sure how they got that bunch into the playoffs.

I talked to a good friend of one of those booster members you mentioned. Let me correct your statement. There WAS a search committee in place that WAS managing the interview process. It INCLUDED RHS administration, county AD, and 3 members of QB booster club to gain parent input. The best man for the job WOULD HAVE BEEN selected based on many criteria and input from the entire committee, had the principal not decided she disliked their input and dismissed them all. According to what I heard, the commitee you're talking about was vetoed and shown the door.

I find all this interesting news that I didn't know.

Why do people on here think that a committee would be anything more than just a group wasting their time. No committee names a football coach. It is just being politically correct and following protocol. The principal names the coach. It is a power thing.

Why do people on here think that a committee would be anything more than just a group wasting their time. No committee names a football coach. It is just being politically correct and following protocol. The principal names the coach. It is a power thing.

That seems very correct. The principal will probably go into a written agreement with the new coach as to make sure he follows her guidelines to undo the powerful establishment Rector had in place to support the team. It is a power thing.

That seems very correct. The principal will probably go into a written agreement with the new coach as to make sure he follows her guidelines to undo the powerful establishment Rector had in place to support the team. It is a power thing.

Very true. Which is why BBT's comment about them falling into mediocrity is probably true. Rappy, I assume you are closer to this situation than me, who do YOU think Jennings and Becker and that bunch would favor if asked (which I'm sure they won't be)? Also, I should have said "according to news I got" in regards to the committee. I'm just reporting what I heard "from a guy who knows a guy".