HOW GOOD IS THE CULLEOKA DEFENSE

attila

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My questions are who is their coach and how well coached are they? Are they very skilled players inside and out? They obviously play solid on both ends since they have won 22-23 games. How many seniors do they have?

Bruce Slaten is the coach. 4 seniors in starting line-up. Good palyers inside and out. Just play together as a team. And they are Very Well Coached!!!!

They are big and athletic. They have some good shooters. Their big guys need to play better and score more. However, to respond about the Westview game thay had 3-4 players suspended for that game(along with 3-4-other games) and had to play 2 freshman alot because of foul trouble. At least 2 of those suspended were starters. They will have a very tough time getting out of the region because of Summertown, Collinwood, Perry County, and Wayne County.

They have 4 good seniors that are big, quick, and play hard. They have played a ton of really good teams since Bruce Slatten got there as Head Coach. His team won a State Championship at Perry County in 1997. They have usually played mostly AA and AAA schools outside the district and played some very good teams at Christmas since he has been the coach at Culleoka. The schedule that was posted is better than it looks.

Like many teams they have potential to be outstanding. They need to go 1 game at a time and they will be fine.

They are big and athletic. They have some good shooters. Their big guys need to play better and score more. However, to respond about the Westview game thay had 3-4 players suspended for that game(along with 3-4-other games) and had to play 2 freshman alot because of foul trouble. At least 2 of those suspended were starters. They will have a very tough time getting out of the region because of Summertown, Collinwood, Perry County, and Wayne County.

They have 4 good seniors that are big, quick, and play hard. They have played a ton of really good teams since Bruce Slatten got their as Head Coach. His team won a State Championship at Perry County in 1997. They have usually played mostly AA and AAA schools outside the district and played some very good teams at Christmas since he has been the coach at Culleoka. The schedule that was posted is better than it looks.

Like many teams they have potential to be outstanding. They need to go 1 game at a time and rhey will be fine.

I'm pretty sure all the starters were there for the westview game...you may be thinking of Lorreta. But you are right, this region will be tough. 1 game at a time.

Culleoka is a good team. Maybe the best single A team in middle TN. They are extremely fundamental. Coach Slatten is one of the top coaches in the state. He really pushes is teams during games. I am sure he is probably the same in practice. I know for a fact that two players didn't play until after their Thanksgiving tournament due to suspension. They were short handed early in the year. They go about 7 players deep and continuously press teams throughout games. They don't make a lot of mistakes that cost them big. The athleticism in west TN is where they might run into problems.

There are basically two teams that could stop Cully from making it to the boro this year and they are Collinwood and Summertown. Neither one seems to play any defense and tend to rely on a few players to do most of their scoring. I can assure you that Slatton has been watching tape and already come up with a plan to shut their scorers down. If the D plays like they can i don't see anything either team can do to slow the Warriors down. Now with that being said if they decide to take a night off like they did last year, they could be put out of the tournament without even making it out of the region OR the district for that matter. There are a few mediocre teams in the district and region that could pull an upset if Cully goes into the game overconfident. On the other hand if they get hot at the right time the teams in the west better look out. The Warriors have more than enough potential to bring home the first gold ball in school history. I'm looking foward to watching it all play out. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Culleoka is a good team. Maybe the best single A team in middle TN. They are extremely fundamental. Coach Slatten is one of the top coaches in the state. He really pushes is teams during games. I am sure he is probably the same in practice. I know for a fact that two players didn't play until after their Thanksgiving tournament due to suspension. They were short handed early in the year. They go about 7 players deep and continuously press teams throughout games. They don't make a lot of mistakes that cost them big. The athleticism in west TN is where they might run into problems.

there were four suspended, two juniors and two sophomores.

My questions are who is their coach and how well coached are they? Are they very skilled players inside and out? They obviously play solid on both ends since they have won 22-23 games. How many seniors do they have?

I have nothing against Coach Slatten, but he spent a few seasons at White County and never had a winning season.