Ezell Harding / A Letter to Coach Scott Smith

wizard

Posted by wizard:

Good points, Tackle and Chakra.

I am sure you are clever enough to know that most of what I write is 'tongue in cheek.' I guess I like to rattle people a little bit.....and defend the school against an all out assault by the anti-private gang. I may not be helping, though.

I have the utmost respect for what Scott Smith has done. He is the real deal.

Your points are well taken.

Good luck this evening Ezell!

no your not helping :o:D

Will you be at game tonight?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wizard... come on over to the Public/Private Debate and Message Board when you get bored with the football board. You will have a lot of private school supporters to join in the discussion(s). I MUST SAY ONE GOOD THING ABOUT EZELL, THEY DO KNOW HOW TO THROW THE BALL! :rolleyes:

You know Tackle, the more people that read your post, the more good marks you will get. Thanks for such a sensible and well thought out reply to Wizard. Though it sounds like Wizards intent is to somewhat ruffle the feathers of the "anti-private gang" (i think that is how he said it) his arrow does not hit home like it did this time a year ago. I think for the most part the "commoners" are tired of arguing and just want to enjoy the game as much as possible. Good luck to all!!! Go Trojans!!!

T

[Edited by thelma on 8-30-02 11:59A]

Thelma, I'll say this. You are a good sport.

Don't take anything I write personally. I just try to evoke responses sometimes by writing controversial things. I don't really believe everything I say. It is mostly claptrap. I am the "Michael Savage" of football chat.

Tackle, good post. Thanks for keeping things in perspective. I should have noticed that my "Good Post to Post" ratio is a little low (1:176). I guess I need to work on that.

Enjoy the games this evening, football fans.

[Edited by wizard on 8-30-02 12:11P]

[Edited by wizard on 8-30-02 12:14P]

Posted by WesCharge:

Do you want a cookie for all those single A accomplishments??????? :rolleyes:

Nice real nice :)

U wanna cookie for bein an idiot. Ezell can play with your team more than likely. Also i would like to add that why is it you wanna attack someone for pulling for their team no matter what level they are on. Maybe its to make up for defencies in ur... well u get my drift. Go cheer for ur team which i imagine is large PUBLIC school.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 8-30-02 1:23P]

Oh yea WesCharge did i mention ur an idiot :)

[Edited by Chakra20 on 8-30-02 1:31P]

WesCharge may be an idiot, but even an idiot could figure out what's going on at Ezell. This thread began by saying you have a great coach, and you do. He is an excellent coach. But you Ezell fans brag yourselves into the ground. You have twice as much talent as any Single A school in the state. Johnny Majors could have coached last year's team to a state championship. Even an idiot could have figured out that that team would have had to roll over and play dead to lose the state championship (sort of like your basketball team did)!!!!

Posted by Leonard:

WesCharge may be an idiot, but even an idiot could figure out what's going on at Ezell. This thread began by saying you have a great coach, and you do. He is an excellent coach. But you Ezell fans brag yourselves into the ground. You have twice as much talent as any Single A school in the state. Johnny Majors could have coached last year's team to a state championship. Even an idiot could have figured out that that team would have had to roll over and play dead to lose the state championship (sort of like your basketball team did)!!!!

What great sportsmanship you guys have and guess what thats the same team except for 2 players on the field this year. And i think ur getting facts confused with bragging. I dont even know u guys so responding to your half hearted post isnt really what i feel is time well spent. Coach Smith is a great coach and we arent the one that start things ITS YOU and people like you that begin with posts about well thats 1a or they have more talents or they recruit or they have more people to pick from. You just go on and on and on and on still making no sense, and I cant really understand where u are comming from.

My brother is on the team, and i am an alumni of Ezell so i know where my bias lays unlike you who only degrades and trys to pull other people down. I understand when ur on top its easy for people to take shots at you. as for myslef i do brag on the team THERE IS A LOT TO BRAG ABOUT. They have a great coaching staff a great team and some more division 1 prospects this year. I personally enjoy talking about them heck i haent missed a game in the last 4 years.

At the same time if you would read my post from above it takes good coaching, good players, hard work and LUCK. If thats bragging then sure, becuase i know they have the first 3 the 4th is always out there lurking on the field. Unlike you i wont hate on a team if they are dominant I would try to learn to beat them but id take this from this years senior class.

1- State championships Football(2001)

2- Ruuners up boys basketball (2000-2001)

3- State Championship Girls Basketball (2001)

They have a chance to repeat in all 3 again this year. Also cant forget to mention the 12 state championships in softball over the last 15 years.

Those are facts not bragging. :rolleyes:

(sort of like your basketball team did)!!

kthx.