Ezell Harding / A Letter to Coach Scott Smith

wizard

Dear Coach Scott Smith,

I wish you all the best of luck this fall along with the Eagles. I know you have the ingenuity to take this team very far.

Do not succumb to the pressure of lesser talented coaches or misinformed chatroom-yackers. If you must practice a two-point conversion during the game, make no apologies. If you must leave a player in a little longer to break a state record, do so. Keep in mind that past record breakers did not pull themselves out of the game and feel guilty prior to setting their records. You and your players should not either.

Scott, this is your ticket to the college game. Honestly, I would love to see you stay at Ezell Harding for selfish reasons. But you are ready for the next level. Do no let the wannabes question your tactics or strategy.

First Offensive Play of the Game vs. Upperman: AJ Blackburn streaks (in uniform) down the right sideline. (During this time, Upperman's secondary will be picking up their athletic supporters.) AJ will then snag a long pass from Schlappi and dance into the endzone. The faithful will start singing "Roll Out the Barrel." Okay, so maybe the part about "Roll Out the Barrel" won't happen. I hope the rest does.

See you on Friday evening at the game,

Wizard

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by wizard:

Dear Coach Scott Smith,

I wish you all the best of luck this fall along with the Eagles. I know you have the ingenuity to take this team very far.

Do not succumb to the pressure of lesser talented coaches or misinformed chatroom-yackers. If you must practice a two-point conversion during the game, make no apologies. If you must leave a player in a little longer to break a state record, do so. Keep in mind that past record breakers did not pull themselves out of the game and feel guilty prior to setting their records. You and your players should not either.

Scott, this is your ticket to the college game. Honestly, I would love to see you stay at Ezell Harding for selfish reasons. But you are ready for the next level. Do no let the wannabes question your tactics or strategy.

First Offensive Play of the Game vs. Upperman: AJ Blackburn streaks (in uniform) down the right sideline. (During this time, Upperman's secondary will be picking up their athletic supporters.) AJ will then snag a long pass from Schlappi and dance into the endzone. The faithful will start singing "Roll Out the Barrel." Okay, so maybe the part about "Roll Out the Barrel" won't happen. I hope the rest does.

See you on Friday evening at the game,

Wizard

LoL, Wizard batten down the hatches. :):D

This is how I spell recruit: A-C-A-D-E-M-I-C-S

ACT Score: 34 out of 36 and Presidential College Scholarship

(1 former Ezell athlete)

Full Athletic Scholarships to Vanderbilt

(2 former Ezell athletes)

(Vandy is consistently ranked among the top 20 colleges nationwide in terms of high academic standards.)

These are the facts. Other private schools in Nashville have equally impressive results.

Wizard,

With all due respect, why post something like this? Coach Smith does a great job of teaching his system to kids. Don't take away from the success. Try to enjoy a great run without becoming arrogant. (remember the Bible verses about humility you learned from teachers like Coach Spann, Mr. Cotham,...) These kinds of posts do nothing but add fuel to a fire that needs to be put out.

Posts like this do not help the resentment of Ezell-Harding that many on this board seem to have.

Perhaps you should consider enrolling in a Dale Carnigie, "How to win friends and influence enemies" course.

[Edited by tackle on 8-30-02 9:35A]

If you wanna debate this there is a whole thread for public vs private debate. Cause thats what you are really talking about if you say ezell recruits cause they have to make the school work. Why else would you buy billboards in the middle of nashville. I will reiterate a point made by many ezell fans on this board PROVE IT or Shut Up.

Tackle,

I do appreciate your point, but arent really concerned about what some people think that are from who knows where in this state. Not to say u dont have a good point about humility and i dont think Fans of ezell have the blinders on that you are pointing out. They will find out each week what every team has, because they are gonna bring their A game to ezell every week. Ezell has a good team but so do about 10-15 other teams in 1a, and to win it all there has to be good coaching, talented players, hard work, and last but not least a little luck where the ball bounces your way.

And BTW you are right Joey Spann is maybe the best teacher i have ever had at any level.

GL eagles tonight with Upperman. The Theme of this game should be Taken Care of business. I do think that Ezell has the longest active win streak right now if im not mistaken standing at 18 games are there any longer?

[Edited by Chakra20 on 8-30-02 10:11A]

[Edited by Chakra20 on 8-30-02 10:13A]

Good points, Tackle and Chakra.

I am sure you are clever enough to know that most of what I write is 'tongue in cheek.' I guess I like to rattle people a little bit.....and defend the school against an all out assault by the anti-private gang. I may not be helping, though.

I have the utmost respect for what Scott Smith has done. He is the real deal.

Your points are well taken.

Good luck this evening Ezell!