Portland/White House Score??

fanman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the Portland Panthers may be down this year. It was a tough night for the Panther faithful. I must say that #11 Brooks is one of the toughest kids I have ever seen. I hope the fans will not abandon this team. I hope that they will come out and support them no matter what happens. If you give Roger Perry time he will have a good team if injuries dont keep mounting up.

Posted by 4755:

It looks like the Portland Panthers may be down this year. It was a tough night for the Panther faithful. I must say that #11 Brooks is one of the toughest kids I have ever seen. I hope the fans will not abandon this team. I hope that they will come out and support them no matter what happens. If you give Roger Perry time he will have a good team if injuries dont keep mounting up.

Yeah, I fully expect Portland to be a formidable opponent by week 10. Perry and his staff will make his team improve.

The athmosphere at Portland High School was great. The fans of Portland and White House really support their teams. Both teams fans were loud. I liked the train whistle. There are a lot of trains that pass by the football stadium. I noticed when i drove through town there was a lot of purple.

The White House fans had their air horns and plastic milk jugs with rocks in them so they could shake them. This game is what high school football was all about.

White House looked good. They can run the ball real well and their backs are quick.They were way too quick for Portland. #82 was a player. I thought their quarterback was good. They whipped Portland on the line of scrimmage. They will be a handful for those 4a schools in middle tennessee.

Portland looks to be well coached and disciplined. They will get better as the season goes by. They played a lot of young players.They don't have that speed burner in the backfield that they had in 99 and 2000. Gerald Turner and Josh Jones were fast. I noticed White House was a senior dominated team.

Overall I had a great time. If this game is on thursday next season I will try to make it to White House next season. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

I got to meet coachT. I enjoyed talking to coachT. It was a pleasure to meet you coachT. Remember! Maryville will have a huge game at Morristown West in 3 weeks. That would be a great game to go to.

Posted by Antwan:
Posted by 4755:

Yeah, I fully expect Portland to be a formidable opponent by week 10. Perry and his staff will make his team improve.

Antwan... you are right! Portland will get better throughout the year and they will use this game as a wake up call for the rest of the season! :o

We have tried to tell everyone all preseason long that we are rebuilding! Does that mean we will accept losing? HECK NO! We know WH usually feilds a pretty good team, and this is a great game for our guys to build and learn on. No one wants to lose, but every game someone walks off the feild with a lost. The question is what they will take from it. PHS schedule gets no easier in week two and three with a tough Franklin Simpson, KY team ( Will face a lot of passing here) and Memphis Ridgeway comes into town week three. This team has A LOT of growing up to do before making the trips to Trousdale and Smith Counties, but I assure everyone this team, nor the fans will give up! We know Roger Perry and his staff will have this team playing their booty off every Friday night. They are good players, they are tough players, and they will WIN football games!

It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether or not you get back up that counts. Success is a journey, not a destination. To the Panther team: only you know how good you can be this season, it's your choice and opportunity to erase the bad taste in you r mouth right now. Make no excuses, never except defeat, and never, never, quit fighting, and good things will happen. Fan/Antwan: It was a bad night with similar situations: turnovers will devastate you, no matter the game or its players...example, check the stats from Tech's game...total yards TTU-332 BGSU-328. Our defense stayed in the redzone all noght long with two blocked punts, a fumble, and a screen that was considered a fumble which led to 24 of 41 first half points. Believe it or not, they kept their starters in (as 1a teams must for ratings) and we held them scoreless and to 86 yds in the second half. We have something to build on, as does Portland in the second half. I guess the growing pains hurt just a little more. As for me, no time for licking wounds, Seneca Wallace and Iowa State await, and I look forward to picking off the Heisman candidate (doesn't hurt to dream?) :):)

Great post tp. Portland players look no farther than your on region to find a good example of determination and will to succeed. Last year, after being beaten by more than forty points Trousdale County craved a rematch with you. Of course we know the result of that rematch and how shocking and unexpected it was. You certainly won't face White House again this season but by all means keep that bitter taste. Take it out on fourteen more opponents if need be. Think about how easy it would have been for Trousdale to lay down for you in the state quarterfinal game. Apply that to your season now. Will the Panthers lay down?

Go Panthers :confused:

Posted by tbp0137:

It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether or not you get back up that counts. Success is a journey, not a destination. To the Panther team: only you know how good you can be this season, it's your choice and opportunity to erase the bad taste in you r mouth right now. Make no excuses, never except defeat, and never, never, quit fighting, and good things will happen. Fan/Antwan: It was a bad night with similar situations: turnovers will devastate you, no matter the game or its players...example, check the stats from Tech's game...total yards TTU-332 BGSU-328. Our defense stayed in the redzone all noght long with two blocked punts, a fumble, and a screen that was considered a fumble which led to 24 of 41 first half points. Believe it or not, they kept their starters in (as 1a teams must for ratings) and we held them scoreless and to 86 yds in the second half. We have something to build on, as does Portland in the second half. I guess the growing pains hurt just a little more. As for me, no time for licking wounds, Seneca Wallace and Iowa State await, and I look forward to picking off the Heisman candidate (doesn't hurt to dream?) :):)

tbp, I don't think margin of victory is a factor anymore in the bcs. There was no reason for BG to leave their starters in. :) Portland will get better this year. Of that, I have no doubt. As I said in another thread, I expect them to be a formidable opponent in week 10. Boy Iowa State must be extremely tough. I also expect you to give your all against them. You never know what can happen if you do. :) I have to give you a good mark for your last post. Good luck next week. :)

This question has been brought up many of times in the last few days. These players whom you are discussing, all made the decision to quit the Portland football team. None of these players where kicked off the team. They all made the decision to QUIT!!! Theses five guys where all pretty good players. Knowing a little bit about the program, it boiled down to the fact that these players did not want to do the work required to be a part of Portland Football. I am glad that Coach Perry stands for what he does, and does not allow kids to take over his program. If you are wondering one reason why our country is the way it is because of discipline within our youth. I think all Portland fans should be proud you have a coaching staff that stands for what it does.

GO Panthers!!!